Author Topic: Questions thread  (Read 31568 times)

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2013, 05:12:52 AM »
I may be speaking out of my ass here, and this has nothing to do with familiars, but if you can put a consciousness into artificial human bodies to make homunculi, then why not robots? Granted, there may be too much of a disparity between the human mind and humanoid warmechs - unless we start considering Evangelion-type organobots and AAARGH STOP BRAIN STOP.

Just have homunculi pilots then :P. Or something.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:21:21 AM by Tyrnek »

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2013, 05:48:02 AM »
That does make sense, having homunculi pilots, if only for the sheer lulz.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 06:03:48 AM »
"Hah! You and what army?"

*Kerry summons Einzbern's homunculus-piloted Gundam swarms*

"... oh."

EDIT: Also, Iskander decides to upgrade all of his Ioninan Hetaroi mounts to Gundams because MECHS.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:09:09 AM by Tyrnek »

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »
Okay, I laughed at that. It was really funny, Tyrnek.

Anyway, I have this question about the whole Servant thing, because of something that I'm working on trying to incorporate correctly.

Is it possible for a Wraith of someone to be summoned after the Heroic Spirit was summoned into the Grail War? I'm considering the possibility of two Bluebeards, but one of them would be a knight, the other being Caster.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
Problem: If you're making a knight Bluebeard wraith, then how does he reconcile himself with the fact that he has to devour people's souls to survive? That's more crazy-Bluebeard's thing.

It should work, though, since a similar thing happened to the Edelfelt sisters in the 3rd.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »
Er, what I meant was something else. Sorry for the misconception, but I meant an actual Heroic Spirit as the knight Bluebeard (aka Gilles de Rais).

Also, didn't that thing with the Edelfelt sisters happen because of the Sorcery Trait they have, which they used to hack the Grail to get an extra Servant and set of Command Spells?

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 07:10:12 AM »
Okay, that makes more sense.

Ohhh wait, I'm not sure you can. Wiki knowledge is inherently suspect, but a wraith is a lingering soul, and a Servant is a Heroic Spirit (which is also a soul) made manifest. Unless you use the "infinite parallel worlds" justification, then I don't see how one soul could be both unless you somehow split the soul apart.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
True, but maybe the lingering soul of Bluebeard was copied into the Throne of Heroes, and the Heroic Spirit was made a separate class....

Okay, I'm pulling things out of nowhere now, so let me try that one over. Does anyone have a good idea who would be a good French Berserker?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
Yeah, I don't think you can have two versions of the same hero in the same war, aside from an odd situation like the Edelfelt sorcery trait.

As for the "sentient familiars" idea, whilst it is obviously possible to have such a thing (servants are an example of it), a sentient familiar can't really be controlled by the master, since it has its own will, and creating one is not particularly easy in any case. So, in general, doing so is not a particularly great idea, aside from being horribly unethical.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 04:46:20 AM »
Thinking a bit more, the whole "soul splitting" thing could potentially work, actually: the two different iterations of de Rais clash so much that his soul actually splits into two: one ascends to the Throne, while the other is left behind as a Wraith.

Okay, now I have some questions:

The Throne of Heroes is outside of time and space, inside Akasha, right? Does that mean that though the Holy Grail calls them down one at a time, the Spirits' departure could be considered simultaneous from the Throne's point of view?

Also, Len is a Demon-succubus-familiar-thing that messes with dreams, and is rather powerful, correct? Would it be too unreasonable to assume that given a big enough boost, she could potentially make her way into Akasha?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:48:10 AM by Tyrnek »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 05:04:24 AM »
The Throne has no concept of time at all, as far as I am aware. So, yes, in so far as you can even define "simultaneous" in a place without a time axis.

As for Len, What do you mean by "make her way into Akasha"?

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »
Alright, cool. Weird (lack of) time shit hooray.

Make her way as in get there and possibly "navigate" it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:57 AM »
I'm not sure how she would get there, and I don't think it's even possible to "navigate" it. It's not a place in that sense.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 05:03:33 AM »
Hm, alright.

Different question: I know Rin is hopeless with technology, but even she knows how to use a cell phone... right?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Well, at the time of FSN, probably not, since it's set before the time when absolutely everyone had one and Rin is naturally technophobic due to being a magus. We never see any of the cast use a mobile phone in the original FSN, although I think they do come up in Hollow Ataraxia.

I'm pretty sure she would be capable of learning to use one, though, even if she'd probably be prone to making the odd silly mistake. She's technophobic, not stupid.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:48:41 AM by Cherry Lover »