Author Topic: Questions thread  (Read 31575 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
Well, it's definitely plausible, but I'm not too sure it's a good idea if you want Kariya to live. Kiritsugu is seriously ruthless, and would quite happily put a bullet in the head of his ally in order to win.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »
True.

I'll work something out, though, but I'm probably going to scrap that idea if worst comes to worst... and I'm talking about the idea of Kariya and Kiritsugu working together.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 02:11:52 AM »
Yeah, that definitely makes sense....

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 03:05:46 AM »
Hm, well, let's break it down.

Kariya and Tokiomi: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAH no.

Kariya and Kiritsugu: Kerry's always been more the lone wolf type. He'd only ally out of convenience, and would probably end Kariya as soon as he ceased to be useful... much to the dismay of Arturia and Diarmuid.

Kariya and Kirei: Hmm. That... might actually happen, considering how Kirei was so treacherous in the canon 4th. Diarmuid wouldn't like it, though, since his Master is insinuating himself back into the "love" triangle, and Diarmuid knows how those tend to work out for him and those around him.

Kirei would likely stab him in the back, though, so that's probably a no go as well.

Kariya and Waver: I don't know what you're planning for the story, but an inept magus of a prominent bloodline allied with the magus who believes that magi can become great through knowledge rather than birth would be interesting. There wouldn't be too much clash with Iskander and Diarmuid as well.

Kariya and El-Melloi: Unlikely, since El-Melloi would consider Kariya beneath him, though it could pan out. Of course, the fate of El-Melloi in canon doesn't bode well for Kariya either.

Kariya and Uryuu: Hoo boy, that would be interesting. Could be a case of using monsters to fight monsters (Kariya tries to manipulate Uryuu by "promising" to teach him how to do Magecraft?). Not sure how wise it is to ally with serial killers, though.

From a pure survivability standpoint, it actually looks like Waver is his best bet, since he's mostly reasonable, not insane/ruthless/treacherous/a complete asshole, and actually survives the War in canon.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:15:53 AM by Tyrnek »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:14 AM »
Hm, well, let's break it down.

Kariya and Tokiomi: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAH no.

It's actually not quite as implausible as you make out, at least in this scenario. The two of them are not actually that far apart in terms of their goals. They both want Aoi and her kids to be happy. They just have very different philosophies and are both terrible at communicating with each other.

In canon, those things make such an alliance impossible, but in an AU where Kariya has learnt magic properly it's actually possible that he'll understand Tokiomi a bit better. Further, in such an AU Tokiomi will respect him a lot more, since he hates Kariya because of his attitude to magecraft. And, if they can get past their fundamental hatred of each other they don't actually make bad allies since, as I said, they both want the best for Aoi, Rin and Sakura.

Kariya and Kiritsugu: Kerry's always been more the lone wolf type. He'd only ally out of convenience, and would probably end Kariya as soon as he ceased to be useful... much to the dismay of Arturia and Diarmuid.

Yeha, definitely.

Kariya and Kirei: Hmm. That... might actually happen, considering how Kirei was so treacherous in the canon 4th. Diarmuid wouldn't like it, though, since his Master is insinuating himself back into the "love" triangle, and Diarmuid knows how those tend to work out for him and those around him.

Kirei would likely stab him in the back, though, so that's probably a no go as well.

Yeah, I can see an alliance forming, but I do not see it ending well for Kariya.

Kariya and Waver: I don't know what you're planning for the story, but an inept magus of a prominent bloodline allied with the magus who believes that magi can become great through knowledge rather than birth would be interesting. There wouldn't be too much clash with Iskander and Diarmuid as well.

Yeah, actually, I can definitely see this pairing. Their goals don't clash, as such, and even if they did end up fighting over the Grail I see Waver as being reluctant to kill anyone, let alone a former ally.

Kariya and Uryuu: Hoo boy, that would be interesting. Could be a case of using monsters to fight monsters (Kariya tries to manipulate Uryuu by "promising" to teach him how to do Magecraft?). Not sure how wise it is to ally with serial killers, though.

Yeah, I can't see them working at all. Kariya isn't going to stand for gratuitous child-murdering, particularly in the city where Rin and Sakura live, and Uryuu is just too insane to ally with anyone. Plus, it would basically guarentee Kariya's death, not least because he would be a clear villain who wouldn't deserve to live if he remained allied to Uryuu even after seeing what he did to those children.

From a pure survivability standpoint, it actually looks like Waver is his best bet, since he's mostly reasonable, not insane/ruthless/treacherous/a complete asshole, and actually survives the War in canon.

Yeah, I'd probably agree. The fact that it's an AU does change things a bit, though, particularly with regards to Tokiomi.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 04:23:50 AM »
Good points about Tokiomi, though as always, poor communication kills o_O

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »
Indeed.

Then again, I might go with a Waver alliance for Kariya, just to spare both of them the trouble.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
Honestly, that probably is the best option. Whilst Tokiomi is plausible in some situations, you'd need to change their backstory quite a bit, and in a specific manner.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 03:57:30 AM »
Indeed.

Also, according to the backstories of the Tsukihime character Ciel (plus according to the timeline), Roa tried to possess her for a time before Arcuied killed her (and then promptly came back to life). Now, my question is, what do you guys think would happen if the Church didn't get their hands on Ciel (then known as Elesia) in the time between then and Tsukihime?

I'm asking because I was also wondering when the general timeframe of said event is in comparison to the Fourth Holy Grail War. I would think that she would participate as a Master instead of one of the others (I'm thinking of taking off Kayneth to let her fit) for the simple reason of being able to die when she is killed.

Then again, any and all opinions are welcome, people.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 04:26:01 AM »
So her wish is for death?

Hm... If the Church didn't get her hands on her, then I think she'd be constantly on the run from them, considering how they consider her a heretic and all that, which may drive her into the open arms of the Association, and... ooh, that could be interesting to see. She would be a nightmarish Enforcer, I can tell you that. Hell, considering how much latent magical potential she has (4000 units of od is just ridiculous) and her inability to die, she could be a Marshall by the time the War comes around.

This version of Ciel would be lolhax though, unless Kerry gets a good Origin Bullet in her.

Maybe she'd be in a similar position to Touko, except on the run from the Church instead of the Association?

There are quite a few directions you can go with her, but the one you choose must fit with the overall theme of your story.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 04:30:50 AM »
Huh. I see what you mean. Thankfully you have a good idea for that.

I guess I can keep that in mind.

Also, keep in mind that this is for the AU that I'm writing, and I want to cover the whole of the Ciel route in Tsukihime to some degree.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 04:39:56 AM »
Unless I'm missing something, I assume that what you said means that you plan to mix Ciel's Route with the 4th? I'm curious to see how that works out, unless by "Ciel's Route" you mean "Roa permadies".
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:42:06 AM by Tyrnek »

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 04:43:57 AM »
I meant Ciel's route will take place some time after the Fourth.

In short, the aftermath of the Roa troubles, honestly.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
Ohhh, gotcha.

If I remember correctly, this is also with Gundams, yes? Sentient Gundam familiars go go go.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 04:56:22 AM »
Hmm... never thought of it that way before, though I may have to, considering who all I'm going to have pilot Gundams... if the Familiar process even works that way.