Author Topic: Questions thread  (Read 31601 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Questions thread
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:19:14 PM »
If anyone has any questions to ask about the Nasuverse or anything related to it, then please ask in this thread.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 12:06:34 AM »
I get the feeling that I'm gonna have to use this thread a lot.

For example, when Heroic Spirits detect each other, what exactly are they detecting? Something like astral presence or something? Would it be possible to have a very light presence if your soul was almost completely fragmented, and thus "spread out" in a manner of speaking?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 03:23:28 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure it's stated, but I guess they could detect the prana they're leaking. Also, Heroic Spirits can see each other even when they're in spirit form.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »
So an astralized Spirit can "see" another one like a blob of stuff floating through the skies, or do you mean that in a more metaphorical sense?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
No, I mean they can literally just see each other as if they weren't astralised at all, I think. Even if the servant doing the seeing is not astralised. And, similarly, the servant's master can see them.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
Yeah, while I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. :) I can try looking it up and confirming a bit later, but I'm pretty sure that's pretty much the correct answer. Still, I can try looking it up and confirming if you like.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Masters can see their Servants as if they're un-astralized, but while Servants can sense other Servants, they can't actually see them. This is according to what Archer says in Fate/Stay Night's prologue. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:08:17 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
Ah, OK.

Any idea of how they sense other servants, though?

And, Tyrnek, as for your original question, it is definitely possible for a servant to be indetectable, that's what presense concealment is. But, whether it could happen due to the nature of the servant's soul I'm not sure. We need to work out how servants sense other servants first.

However, I'm pretty sure another human can't sense astralised servants. Only their master has that capability.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:16:26 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »
Ah, OK.

Any idea of how they sense other servants, though?
I'm not quite sure, but from what I can make out, it can vary from Servant to Servant, both in terms of being detected and how they detect. I think they sense Prana levels and can possibly sense a few other things such as if they're being seen or not, but I'm not 100% sure. We don't seem to get as clear of an answer for that in this case.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
Cool, thanks for the input. The devil's in the details, and I want to be as accurate as I possibly can.

I'd imagine it's a combination of prana leakage (especially since a large part of Presence Concealment is matching your emissions with your environment's - I think) and the "weight" of their soul (Gil's is huge, and he's not particularly good at hiding).

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
Okay, first time I'll be using this thread here, but what would Kariya's chances of surviving the Fourth War be like under either of the following conditions (or both)?

A) Having a Lancer-class Servant instead of Berserker!Lancelot

B) Having had actual magus training while away from the Matou family

Just curious, because of certain details that I'm trying to write into a story, if anything.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »
With a lancer he'd be decent with either case although the former is better

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
You mean the Lancer-class Servant is better than him having actual training?

Or am I misreading what you said?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Scenario A really depends on which Lancer class Servant he gets, but really, he's better off with 'Zerker Lancelot.

Scenario B would increase his chances I think.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
Cool, thanks for the input. The devil's in the details, and I want to be as accurate as I possibly can.

I'd imagine it's a combination of prana leakage (especially since a large part of Presence Concealment is matching your emissions with your environment's - I think) and the "weight" of their soul (Gil's is huge, and he's not particularly good at hiding).

Yeah, that does make sense. I suspect the prana leakage is the biggest thing, though.

I'm not sure it's ever made particularly clear, though. Nasu is quite good at that....

Okay, first time I'll be using this thread here, but what would Kariya's chances of surviving the Fourth War be like under either of the following conditions (or both)?

A) Having a Lancer-class Servant instead of Berserker!Lancelot

B) Having had actual magus training while away from the Matou family

Just curious, because of certain details that I'm trying to write into a story, if anything.

In the first case, still zero. Even if he had had no servant at all he'd have died within a few weeks. Even winning the war couldn't save him (well, unless he wished for it to, which he wouldn't since he needed to save Sakura). In the second case he might fare a little better, but I think the worms would still kill him in the end.

And, having a different servant might make things worse, since Berserker was actually quite strong. With a weaker servant he'd have lost quickly or, even, been killed by Kiritsugu since he wasn't useful.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:45:33 PM by Cherry Lover »

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
I was thinking of him getting Diarmuid, honestly.

Then again, why do you think he'd be better with Berserkelot?

*ahem* Anyway, I was thinking of something like both options, really.

@Cherry: I guess I should be a lot more clear about the usefulness of his alternate Magus training. I meant that he wouldn't need the worms to begin with (at least in what I'm thinking).