Author Topic: New Fate/Stay Night Anime Announced!  (Read 26132 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: New Fate/Stay Night Anime Announced!
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:21 AM »
Considering Heaven's Feel route is getting a movie(s), I have a feeling they want to focus on Rin/Saber in UBW anime, which is entirely reasonable, and put just that much more effort into Sakura/Rider in the movie.

I don't think they'll leave Sakura out of the anime, though, Mike.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:52 AM »
Considering Heaven's Feel route is getting a movie(s), I have a feeling they want to focus on Rin/Saber in UBW anime, which is entirely reasonable, and put just that much more effort into Sakura/Rider in the movie.

Well, yeah, most likely. But, the fact that many people will come into it from Zero might force them to take at least some account of Sakura's situation.

I don't think they'll leave Sakura out of the anime, though, Mike.

Well, I'm sure she'll show up, but if it's a pure UBW adaptation then she will have a very small role. The question is whether they'll add anything to that, and if so what.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2014, 02:58:42 AM »
Probably enough - or more than enough - to satisfy the curiosity of those who started with Zero until the movie(s)? Not sure. From what I understand, there's a possibility of it being more than one movie, like they did with KnK - possibility being the key word.

Personally, I look forward to HF movie because it means Shirou + Rider team up against Saber Alter. :3c
(Well, more Bellerophon + Rho Aias vs Alter Excaliblast, but either way.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:10:33 AM by Lycodrake »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2014, 03:17:43 AM »
Probably enough - or more than enough - to satisfy the curiosity of those who started with Zero until the movie(s)? Not sure.

Well, the problem is that the UBW end really does suck for Sakura if you think about it too much. Playing through the VN you kind-of don't notice it, but I can see people who came from Zero picking up on that and not being too pleased about it. Plus, Sakura is Rin's sister, which means she's kind-of part of Rin's character. Again, the VN ignored that because it wasn't known by the reader at the time, but with the anime that won't be the case.

From what I understand, there's a possibility of it being more than one movie, like they did with KnK - possibility being the key word.

I really, really hope it's not just one movie. Honestly, if it's just one movie I think I just won't even bother watching it (unless the movie in question is about 6 hours long), because it's just going to be an incoherent patchwork of fight scenes without proper characterisation, like the UBW movie was.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:24 AM »
We'll just have to see how they handle it and hope for the best, I suppose.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2014, 04:09:04 AM »
I'm of the side that hopes for at least two movies for HF. But, who knows; maybe even if they don't focus much on Sakura in the anime, they may at least leave some set-up for the movie.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:27 AM »
I think that the HF movie needs to stand alone, honestly. They can't assume everyone will have watched and remember the UBW anime when watching it. And, even if you did set up some of the Sakura stuff in the UBW anime, I don't think that would cut very much time out of the HF movie, because the situation is totally different.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2014, 05:12:56 AM »
I meant more on the "Hmm, this seems interesting. I wonder if they'll go in depth with this in the movie" kind of set-up rather than "I MUST see this to understand the movie!".

And that was more about giving Sakura more role in the story than cutting from the movie (again, I'm of the people who'd want more than one movie for it)

hayate

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2014, 05:18:11 AM »
For UBW:

Also, have some HF goodness! XD

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:51:42 PM by Alice »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2014, 05:26:45 AM »
Uh...can't see the images.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:29 AM »
It's because they're hotlinked directly from the anime's site itself. I'd just upload onto imgur or link from safebooru. I can edit in working images if you're ok with that.

EDIT: Eh, I'll go ahead and fix them.

EDIT 2: And fixed. They should be visible now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:52:16 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
I meant more on the "Hmm, this seems interesting. I wonder if they'll go in depth with this in the movie" kind of set-up rather than "I MUST see this to understand the movie!".

Well, it's possible. I'm not sure they need to use the anime to advertise the movie, though, I think Zero probably covers that as far as Sakura is concerned.

And that was more about giving Sakura more role in the story than cutting from the movie (again, I'm of the people who'd want more than one movie for it)

Well, giving Sakura more role in the story for UBW would be good, but it's also quite hard to do without substantial changes, which are unlikely given the existence of the HF movie. So, it's a question of whether they want to attempt to add more and, if so, what they add.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »
FUCK YEAH HF!

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »
Yeah, it's good that they're finally doing a HF adaptation. I just hope it's more than one movie.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
Would it be worth splitting the discussions for each project into separate threads, or is it as well to keep them both together for the time being?