Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 24264 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2020, 12:03:14 AM »
Headmaster

She raised her eyebrows ever slightly, hovering over the meal with a careful whiff. A moment later, she took the chopsticks into her hand and uncerimoniously had a taste. "Mmm. This is nice. Surprising, but I appreciate it. You went out of your way for this, didn't you? There's no need to feel shy about demonstrating your care for others." Her eyes lidded in a quiet sort of delight, then fell on the other person in the room.

"I don't believe we've met." She titled her gaze towards Shinji's companion. "You can call me the Headmaster. Are you a friend of his?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2020, 11:14:41 PM »
Neil

Nicole barely managed to hold back a giggle as Shinji revealed the contents of his sack of menace. A cute little box lunch. Well, not little, but still cute. The headmaster's reaction was almost as amusing, that oddly dreary face showing clear delight at the meal before her. It wasn't long before the werewolf caught the woman's attention though, Nicole's lips curled up in a slight smile as she watched.

"Well, he'd probably rather drink bleach than admit anything of the sort," Nicole noted, "Considering how we met, I'd say we're just terrible at killing each other. That and we've worked a couple jobs together, so maybe colleagues would be more appropriate?"

"Still, you really should smile more," the werewolf continued, glancing back at Shinji with a mischievous twinkle in her eye, "Seems like the place got torn up recently, and I'd imagine it'd help morale around here."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2020, 12:51:08 AM »
Shinji

"I'd rather get run over by a truck and get pulped into mincemeat." He put his hands in his pickets and sighed, brooding darkly in the corner. And more than anything, he wasn't smiling. "We're not friends. Besides, do you really think anyone would associate with trash like me? I'm no better than scum."

He couldn't even save those who fell in the library. There were many people who he did rescue, but the others fell to the flames and monsters. He clenched his fist and cursed himself. I can't even do one thing right.

"How about Yusho, is he okay? I didn't get to say goodbye to him."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2020, 02:01:13 AM »
The Headmaster

The response to the werewolf was left hanging over Shinji's sharp rebuke. The headmaster's gaze wavered, then settled on him with renewed sharpness, as she placed the chopsticks down with a click.

"There's no satisfying reason to be so hard on yourself," she said, features hardening. "The matter is not one of ifs and ors. It's nothing short of a miracle the confirmed casualties were few, and it paints poorly on both the helper and the helped to deny any value to those actions, or to believe no one would be willing to feel thankful to you."

The woman closed the tupperwares and placed the bowls back in the bag, leaning to the side to hide it behind her desk. When she returned, her face bore softer lines.

"He tried to wake you up, but he lost his patience not long into it. His thoughts were already flying away, and as soon as he was capable of moving without significant complications, he insisted on freeing up the bed. I didn't approve, but I never planned to keep anyone under observation against their will. The operation was demanding, but I suspect he'll be fine so long as he keeps out of trouble for a little time." She nodded. "Thank you for your consideration, however. I'll eat the rest during my next break."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2020, 03:27:52 AM »
Neil

Though the werewolf's face didn't change when Shinji spoke, the headmaster would likely see something pulsing in those blue eyes as he put himself down. Her hands visibly twitched before clenching into fists as a familiar pulsing heat stirred in her veins. The question at the end gave her pause, however, the heat fading as Nicole opted to wait for now. Having nothing better to do as the Headmaster rebutted his claim of being scum, the werewolf counted her heart beats.

Then the woman was finished, closing up the tupperware and putting the chopsticks away as she explained what happened to this Yusho fellow. Nicole allowed a moment of silence after the blonde finished speaking, but no more.

"You really are an idiot, you know?" Nicole said with a quiet sigh, turning around stepping right up to Shinji, a pointed finger mere inches from his face as she stared up at him resolutely, ready to flick the bridge of his nose if he dared to interrupt her, "Or maybe you're just blind, if you couldn't see what you accomplished?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:36:42 PM by Panda »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:37 AM »
Shinji

Shinji sighed. Damn, why were things so difficult? Still, he couldn't help but smile a little, and scratched his ear in embarassment. But just as he turned around to thank the headmaster-

A daint finger stood face to face with his eyes. And whatever thankfulness he might have felt pretty much got thrown out of the window as he glowered at Neil. He wasn't in the mood for a lecture.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:27:00 AM by devil_lance »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2020, 01:50:21 AM »
The Headmaster

"One more thing." Desk supporting her elbow, she propped up her chin with a sliver of a smile. "Shinji. I made a call earlier, and I found some interesting information. It looks as if one of the invaders was connected to an altercation in Halloween Town. Check the recent news there when you can."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:51:15 AM by YOLF »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2020, 12:31:59 AM »
Shinji

"That sounds bad. Guess I'll have to go there." He finally sighed and turned to the headmaster. Its not like he usually trusted chiefs, the politics and squabbling in this city were enough to make him puke. But despite that, he decided to put his trust in this woman.

So he really didn't have anything else to say, and just walked back the way he came, his back turned against the two.

"Thanks."

And like a speeding bullet, he dashed out like a red arrow, and flew out of the office. Despite sounding an dacting like he didn't care, he was moving awfully fast.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »
Entheo

A yawn filled the empty air outside of seven eleven.  The young man had his back against the wall of the store, just under the window that listed the hot dog deals.  Even he wouldn't touch those things.  He was wearing the uniform of the magic division, a sleek collared t with some pouch on the breast of the shirt.  A loose tie hung around his neck, guiding eyes down to his brown slacks.  Two orbs hovered around him, a red and blue soul.

Magic huh?  Why are you studying magic?

I told you before.  I don't want to rely on you forever.

Don't you remember the rules of the world.  There is only so much you can achieve on your own.  That is the job of us guardian spirits.  There is no shame in relying on us.

Entheo chuckled.  C'mon Sakuyomi.  I know that.  But you saw the way slayer moved right?  He wasn't channeling a spirit at all, or using other spiritual methods to enhance himself.  That was all him.  In this world, human limitations don't matter.

Well then why are we getting involved in a magic class?

Because I want to know more about magic here.  Besides, there might be stuff that can enhance my current skillset right?  Plus, I feel like if necromancy is a thing here we should keep an eye on that.

Then why are we hanging out at seven eleven like bums?

Because who cares about the first day of school?  I don't.  Thats boring.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2020, 04:45:16 PM »
Lawrence

A bell suddenly rung , and the entrance door opened slowly. The clack of the cane was plenty to warn of the man's arrival.

"Oh hi mister! How can I help you today." The clerk greeted him as if they knew each other for a while. At least, both seemed to be smiling. But the customer was pale as paper, and seemed like he was about to fall over any second now. Even his smile was weak.

"Hello. Sorry, I'll just have the usual. Today is rougher than I anticipated, all that paperwork is going to be the end of me." He sighed, and just before the door could close, a burning phantom dashed through and flew about. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! OH YEAHHH!! POP CORN!!! POP CORN!!! POP CORN!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!

"Right, after that attack, you had to make sure everything was back in order. We were lucky the headmaster was around." The clerk scratched his head, but grinned at the bird. Reaching for behind the counter, he tossed a kernel in the air, which the bird caught with a dramatic flip. OH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!! CHOMP CHOMP!!

"Yeah..." That was probably why the ashen man was sighing in the first place. "Phenex, calm down. You're being troublesome." Is it because of that thing's influence? He thought for a moment. Maybe he'd have to chain its beak up and have it carry his books.

Weakly, he dragged himself to one of the counters and used his cane as a support, crouching down with some difficulty to look for an energy bar. Meanwhile, the clerk prepared a cup of black coffee.

That's when Lawrence first made eye contact with the boy on the ground. Raising a brow, he looked at him in confusion.

"Can I help you?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2020, 12:17:43 AM »
Entheo

Entheo looked left, then right as if he needed to make sure the guy wasn't talking to someone else.  With a tilted head, he said,

"I don't think so?  I'm not an animal trainer, so I can't shut your bird up."

The blue orb morphed into custard, who rubbed its back on Entheo's leg before hissing at the bird.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2020, 02:19:28 AM »
Lawrence

"That is regrettable." He closed his eyes and nodded his head in understanding. Meanwhile, the bird circled around the cat and cackled evilly at it, grinning like it found a new lunch. "I haven't seen you around the premises before. Have you been skipping classes?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2020, 02:31:04 AM »
Marc

Continued from the Citadel.

This had to be the right place. This time, he checked the notes and address details to be completely certain this was the right spot. The company better pay for the trip, this was wayyy too hella expensive.

But at least the sight was prettier in here.

With a sigh, he parked the motorbike, triple checked the paper again - and knocked on the door.

"Hellooo?"

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:33:45 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2020, 03:29:27 AM »
Neptune

"Sweet niblets What is it now! I've not even moved in yet and people are alrwsdy knocking on the door!"

Thump Thump swoooosh....

The owner marched over to the door with heavy foot steps and threw the door open violently. Actually it was so violently the door was torn off its hinges and flung into the room behind her. There not being a door anymore did reveal the one to have done it looking like a girl of college age, late teens or maybe early twenties.

"We're closed."

She noticed that the sign next to the door actually said 'opened' and not closed as she had stated but that could easily be fixed. So with no care for how silly it was she reached out and flipped the sign around so it did say 'closed'.

Then she waved her hand infront if his face like she was a space wizard from some dumb franchise with too many sequels. "You didn't see that."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43:59 AM »
Marc

Ho... a college chick making a hardened gangster run all this way? Not bad, not bad...

"Oh? Did something happen?" He answered her with a deadpan stare as if he didn't notice anything. After all, there wasn't anything to see. He drove all this way, the least he could do was tease her.

"The door's open. That means I can come in, right?" He flipped the sign back to 'open' with the sweetest smile in the city. While he dressed nice, you could smell the booze from 7 feet away.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:37:39 AM by Kotomine_Rin »