Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night (A Tale of Heroes and Magi)  (Read 5367 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Fate/Stay Night (A Tale of Heroes and Magi)
« on: June 23, 2013, 05:59:00 AM »
Greetings fellow forumites how goes things?

I first joined here when Mike told me about it but after that I haven't really done anything and I figured, man that's such a shame I should do something, and that something is this so without further ado I bring you Fate/Stay Night!

Now what is this exactly?  Well it's quite simple, as a starter I wanted something fun and easy so I figured let's do the 5th Holy Grail War in RP form as I've attempted to do many a time and with varying degrees of success and this one is no exception.

Essentially you the players will control one of 7 teams of Master's and Servant's each one the ones we know from the VN.

Now here comes the interesting part because what happens with them is entirely up to you, for instance you wanna go straight out and fight to the death from night 1?  Go ahead there's nothing stopping you no rules or regulations it's a free for all for the ages so go crazy.

However to make sure it doesn't end too quickly I will be controlling most of the NPC's in the actual RP to both keep players going and to add my own interactions.

The playable Teams at this part are as stated:

Saber (King Arthur)/ Shirou Emiya

Archer (Shirou Emiya)/ Rin Tohsaka

Lancer (Cu Chulainn)/ Kotomine Kirei

Rider (Medusa)/ Shinji Matou/ Sakura Matou

Berserker (Hercules)/ Illya von Einzbern

Caster (Medea)/ Assassin (Sasaki)/ Souichirou Kuzuki

OR

Assassin (Hassan)/ Zouken Matou/ Caster Puppet (Medea)

Ok now a couple key points to keep in mind about the teams:

Kotomine's team does have Gil but I will be controlling him, you can talk to him and try to convince him to do things but he's a very Independent Servant and is just as often willing to plain ignore you as he is to listen.

Shinji will be played first BEFORE Sakura's this means you start with Rider and Shinji and in the event that you lose and Rider is going to die you essentially get a fake death followed by a second chance for Shinji, however if you die again then your team moves on to Sakura and Rider however this involves Shinji still surviving after his first and second defeat in a good enough condition for Rider to get away and re-align.

And the final point is that for those you want the Assassin/Caster classes you get two options the normal route of the Temple crew or you can play as Zouken's team which would kill off the other one leaving you with Hassan, Zouken, and Caster in a puppet form.

I will control the ones that are not chosen, also I want a clean but nice game if you are doomed to die then please except it with grace the better you do the better it is overall and the more fun we can have in general.  If you have any discussions or arguments I will settle them with my word being final that way we can move on and have fun.

So with that I give you the Story of Fate Stay/Night! (Players Edition)

Saber/Shirou: Mike
Archer/Rin: Alice
Lancer/Kotomine:
Rider/Shinji/Sakura: Xamusel
Berserker/Illya:
Caster/Assassin or Assasin/Zouken:

So first off any questions? 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:04:56 PM by Milbunk »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night (A Tale of Heroes and Magi)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:41:38 AM »
For now that seems pretty self-explanatory, so no questions from here just yet. :) And I'll consider taking the Rin/Archer team, but it's not a hard reservation, so the team's still open if anyone wants to consider using it.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »
Hmm, well, this looks interesting, but I'm not sure who to play. I don't really want to play as Sakura's team because I'd basically have to tank twice before I can get rid of Shinji and do what I actually want to do, but I'm not sure who else would fit with my goals....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »
I'm in, I'll be thing about who to take

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Yeah, me too. I wouldn't mind Sakura, but I don't know if I can really play as Shinji, because I don't want him to win. Shirou is possible, though.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
Well its all up to you, plenty of options, plenty of fun.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
Well, yeah, I'm just unsure how to play with the dynamic you've set up for Sakura.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:44 AM »
Totally up to you if you don't feel like using that one you can always switch to a different one.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »
Totally up to you if you don't feel like using that one you can always switch to a different one.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of a way to subvert it to my ends. It depends on how flexible it is too (i.e., do I have to have Shinji as a master until I die twice, or can I set it up so Sakura takes control again?) I mean, if it's pretty flexible then I'll have a go at playing them, but if not then I will have to find an alternative, probably.

Also, does this RP have lemon content...?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:34 AM »
Well the whole Shinji part it important to the story as it's one of the main conditions to the whole team in general, and as for the keeping him alive that depends on the circumstances, cause if he dies then it automatically transfers but if he lives in a moving condition then he keeps going with a second chance so it really is circumstantial.

As for lemon content, I honestly don't see why you would have that but I don't really deal in lemons, if you want I suppose and if the other players involved are ok with it then sure.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »
Well the whole Shinji part it important to the story as it's one of the main conditions to the whole team in general

What do you mean?

The thing is that having Shinji as the master makes it difficult for me to get anywhere in advancing my goals, because Shinji doesn't give two shits about Sakura....

and as for the keeping him alive that depends on the circumstances, cause if he dies then it automatically transfers but if he lives in a moving condition then he keeps going with a second chance so it really is circumstantial.

Hmm, I see....

What I want mainly is a way to transfer it without having to get Shinji killed-off....

As for lemon content, I honestly don't see why you would have that but I don't really deal in lemons, if you want I suppose and if the other players involved are ok with it then sure.

Well, given Shinji's nature there would be plenty of potential lemons, although they wouldn't necessarily be nice....

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:16 AM »
True but it does fit well into the whole theme of the RP.

Well in that case I suppose it would be specifically more important to interact with certain other teams they could prolly help to speed that along through either fighting or otherwise.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »
True but it does fit well into the whole theme of the RP.

Well, fair enough, but it makes it difficult to play them.

Well in that case I suppose it would be specifically more important to interact with certain other teams they could prolly help to speed that along through either fighting or otherwise.

Well, yes, but I don't think that it's a good idea to play as a pair specifically in order to lose.

I think it might be worth me picking Shirou rather than Sakura, honestly, because I don't think I can play the Matous as they're set up.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:20 PM »
I will play but I'll fill in one of the unchoosen pairs since I have a no contest rule in rping

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:15 PM »
OK, well, I'm going to take Shirou and Saber, I think. I would like to play Sakura, but I don't like the idea of deliberately trying to lose to fulfill my aims....