Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 921 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Pokemon
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:38:26 AM »
Pokemon, it's been years since the beginning of the franchise with that said which do you play? Talk about your experiences and such

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »
X and Y, why are you taking sooo long!!!
Consequently, have you noticed a lot of people seem to dislike the games from Ruby onwards? Why is that?

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »
Because for some it got "too complex"?

Well, I don't care. I love the games and since I don't play competitively, I don't care about stuff like EVs, IVs, natures, etc.

LostHanyou

• The Hero DSM Needs
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »
I dislike most of the newer ones (including ruby etc), but I actually really liked B/W

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
Try bw2 Han, they are awesome.

largely the hate is a compound thing,between the need to trade heavily to get older Gen Pokemon, the lack of good rivals in ruby and emerald and the focus on battling and the Gen four Pokemon designs being lackluster  people tend not to like them

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Lack of good rivals? I thought it was interesting to have a rival who's also your friend. I especially liked fighting the other player character as a rival.

What do you mean by lackluster by the way? Is it because some of the new pokemon resemble the old ones too much or what?

Honestly, Nintendo should just get all their brains together, and make an open world pokemon game. It would have to be on PC or a console though, I'm not sure DS can handle it

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:53:02 AM »
Lackluster as in lazy or disappointing designs. Every Gen has weird or stupid designs for Pokemon but Gen 3 and 4 seemed to have more duds then any other gen