Author Topic: Lantz's Fanfiction Contest  (Read 3843 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Lantz's Fanfiction Contest
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »
Fan fiction contest rules and criteria.

Rules

1) From the beginning of the contest anyone who wants to enter has two weeks to do so.

2) The entry form much be filled out in full or your entry will not be accepted.

3) Good sportsmanship is key, if someone scores higher than you don't take it personally, attacking other contestants or the judges results in disqualification. The same goes for the judges should they choose to be overly critical or hurtful in their assessments. You can make your points without being pricks, that goes for both sides.

4) Once the entry period is up judges have two weeks to judge entries (This deadline is expanded should the number of entries be significantly more than is reasonable to judge in that period) if left without a score the entry with be given an average as the third score, if only one judge manages to judge a particular work then their score becomes the sole basis for the final score.

5) Have fun and be creative

Criteria

Readability: Grammar, Punctuation and so on. Readability is scored out of twenty points.

Genre goal: How well your story fits the Genre, comedies should be funny, action stories thrilling, horror suspenseful and so on. Genre is scored out of forty points.

Characterization: How accurately you portray the characters in canon and how you treat them (character bashing in example causes a reduction in points) characterization is scored out of a hundred points

Community: How accurately you portray Fanon characters and Original Characters (OC's which are not yours are the only ones to qualify in this regard) Community is scored out of seventy five points

Creativity: To quote the BNL "Its all been done before" Creativity is how you represent and spin obvious situations. In example, a battle between Kojiro and Saber or Archer and Gilgamesh, or a love confession etcetera. Creativity is scored out of fifty points.

Uniqueness: Uniqueness is the measure of how your work is set apart from others. As with creativity it is scored out fifty.

Appeal: Appeal is a measure of how a work appeals to a judge, it's entirely personal. It is scored out of five points

Fun factor: How much you enjoyed reading the work. Fun factor is scored out of thirty points.

Entry &Judge forms

Entry

Story Title:

Genre: (Action, Drama, comedy, Lemon, Parody, Romantic, Slice of life etcetera or some combination thereof)

Nasuverse works (KnK, Tsukihime etcetera or a combination of such)

Route: (Pre VN, X Route etcetera)

Prize request: (I'm a Writer, I'll write something if you win, That's all I can guarantee as a prize. If you'd prefer something else like art or such I can talk with some artists but no promises.)

Judge

Story Title:

Readability (X of 20)

Genre goal (X of 40)

Characterization (X of 100)

Community (X of 75)

Creativity (X of 50)

Uniqueness (X of 50)

Appeal (X of 5)

Fun factor (X of 30)

Final points

1) Betaing is 100% Ok, if not for the deadline I expect most if not all users would check their work. Assistance is allowed in this regard.

2) Application for judge positions is done by posting a comment requesting to be a judge in this thread. I'll pick two people, no more. Should someone abdicate the position someone else will be chosen at that point.

3)After the contest ends a public poll will be held so users can vote on what they thought the best fanfic of the contest was.

4) In case my inbox fills up while I'm sleeping or you find yourself unable to PM me for whatever reason. Go register at Darkside of the Moon and PM Cherry lover, he'll get them to me in case of an emergency like last minute deadlines and so on. PM's only, no google docs (my platform has problems with them) you must pm your entry to me or failing that Mike on DSM to qualify.

Judges

lantzblades

Entries

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Lantz's Fanfiction Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
OK, Lantz, can you explain in detail how stories without OCs are handled? Because I would imagine that at least some fics would lack any such characters (mine likely would, for example).

Also, do we have to request exactly what we want as a prize now? If we do, then I need to think up two ideas, one for the fic and one for the prize....

Oh, and what will you do if you don't get three judges by the deadline?

Oh, and at what point should we do the entry form? After we've written the actual fic?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:33:38 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:13:40 PM »
Stories without OC's have a score adjustment done during the final tally to determine the winner. Use of OCs or a lack thereof will not affect your ability to win.

submit the entry when you enter, which means when you've finished the work.

the prize request is part of the entry form.

if I don't have judges then I'll judge it myself if it comes to that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:14:54 PM »
Stories without OC's have a score adjustment done during the final tally to determine the winner. Use of OCs or a lack thereof will not affect your ability to win.

In what manner is the score adjusted?

submit the entry when you enter, which means when you've finished the work.

Ah, OK.

the prize request is part of the entry form.

Wait, so I need to think of two ideas in the next two weeks?

if I don't have judges then I'll judge it myself if it comes to that.

OK.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:14 PM »
BL thread is locked. Is contest Kill?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:26:34 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:12:04 PM »
The score is adjusted so that entries are not penalized one way or the other for the use of characters.

yes you need two ideas in two weeks in regards to prizes.

no Arch, the contest is not dead. Altima just decided to be his usual overzealous self. Two weeks means two weeks

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:22:54 PM »
The score is adjusted so that entries are not penalized one way or the other for the use of characters.

Well, sure, how does the adjustment work, though?

yes you need two ideas in two weeks in regards to prizes.

OK.

no Arch, the contest is not dead. Altima just decided to be his usual overzealous self. Two weeks means two weeks

Yeah, Altima seems to like locking threads at the first sign of any issues....

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
Contest is dead anyway without any non-meme participants.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:10:33 PM »
Is that Magos' tombstone?

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
No. Someday, Magos will rise again. This is the gravestone of this thread.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
Contest is dead anyway without any non-meme participants.

I still intend to enter, but you don't send in an entry form until after you've written the fic....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »
Kat, Puck. Since neither of you are here to be serious or enter the contest, leave this thread.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
For fucks sake Lantz, you're not a mod, you can't order people to leave a thread. Just because you made the thread doesn't mean you're allowed to act like you're in charge. If you want them to leave, ask a fucking mod or admin to make them stop.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »
I petition against unbanning Magos.