Author Topic: Crossover ideas thread  (Read 25570 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover ideas thread
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 02:35:20 AM »
Alright then, I'll note that down in my list of pilots.

Moving on, this is one concept that's been dancing around but I'll probably never do it because the protagonist is too OP: Superman as Kariya's Berserker.  Honestly, Type-Krypton as a Servant?  What do you think?

Oddly enough, despite his power, I don't think Superman would be a particularly great servant for Kariya. He lacks any ability to cure Sakura (or Kariya himself) and he isn't going to hand the Grail over to a monster like Zouken, even if he can win it.

Cursed by Creation

• He Who Defies the Balance of Things
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 03:12:08 AM »
Assuming he doesn't just pulp Zouken or throw him into the Phantom Zone.  At that point, Zouken has yet to implant his Crest Worms into Sakura, so it should be no issue.
Your heart longs for the Kingdom of Freedom, a World that has no set future.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 03:55:18 AM »
I thought that the Crest Worms were already implanted inside Sakura, and the only worm in need of implantation was the Soul Worm, which would only be put in after the Fourth War?

Cursed by Creation

• He Who Defies the Balance of Things
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 04:00:03 AM »
Weren't those one and the same thing?
Your heart longs for the Kingdom of Freedom, a World that has no set future.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 06:17:55 AM »
From what I recall, the "Soul Worm" is somewhat unique in that it enables Zouken to take over Sakura's body and have the other worms eat at her brain so he can accomplish that goal. It's the Master Worm, so to speak. I remember that once Dark Sakura squished said Heart Worm, it effectively freed her from his control. ...I could be remembering stuff wrong though. ^_^" 

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
Superman cannot be summoned as a servant, for several reasons.

1) Super man has never canonically died

2) Berserker requires insanity, superman has never suffered from this.

3) he is not a being within the scope of the system, just as you cannot summon yvyh or Shiva you cannot summon the last son of krypton.

4) he is not of earth, although his ability to be classified as 'type krypton" is debatable he's still incompatible with the system  one way or another.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
Assuming he doesn't just pulp Zouken or throw him into the Phantom Zone.  At that point, Zouken has yet to implant his Crest Worms into Sakura, so it should be no issue.

I'm not convinced that's the case. He doesn't have the cursed worms inside Sakura, but I would suspect his soul worm is already in there, and the more normal crest worms definitely are.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2013, 02:15:23 AM »
Moving on, this is one concept that's been dancing around but I'll probably never do it because the protagonist is too OP: Superman as Kariya's Berserker.  Honestly, Type-Krypton as a Servant?  What do you think?

Why not use Green Scar Aka The Hulk in the Place of Superman? Yeah, no flying ability but the angrier he gets the stronger he is and for a berserker that is sorta good right?
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

solitare

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
I have two crossover ideas for you.

Final Fantasy XIII and Fate/Stay Night Crossover Challenge
Snow Villiers is the reincarnation of Shirou Emiya, but his memories and powers do not awaken until he is turned into a L'cie. Snow is the determined hero who wants to save everybody but mostly Serah, his love. For this reason the Shirou part of Snow should be from the Heaven's Feel route where he throws away his ideals to save Sakura. Lightning is kind of like a mixture of Saber and Rin. She's a stoic hero with awesome sword skills but has doubts all the way about how she failed in her responsibility to protect Serah (or Britain for Saber), like Saber. She is violent toward Snow when she thinks he's being an idiot and her sister is his love interest, like Rin. The original idea for this challenge was that Rule Breaker could remove the L'cie brand without taking the powers with it, and the fate of turning into either a Cie'th or a Crystal vanishes with the L'cie brand's removal. I would suggest that Saber be Snow's eidolon, but their gestalt mode would be difficult. Instead of Saber transforming into some type of mount for Snow to ride, I suggest that they merge into one being like the The Fate/Prototype Saber (male Arthur Pendragon). ProtoSaber's Excalibur Proto is EX ranked as opposed to Saber's A++ ranked Excalibur so its a good upgrade. Excalibur Proto overpowers ProtoGilgamesh's Enki, which is EX ranked and as powerful as Ea. A Libra during Snow and saber's Gestalt battle could reveal that Saber "yields to those who show personal history" (either Shirou's or Saber's weapons) and "yields to those who show Reality Marbles". Maybe an OMAKE could show Snow turning into a Cie'th, but his Cie'th form is Shirou's Made of Blades form from when Archer's arm and Reality Marble overran his body. The funny part is that this Cie'th would succeed at rescuing Serah like Shirou rescued Sakura while his body, mind, and soul were dying. This being Shirou, he might get together with Lightning and Saber as well as Serah. Maybe the Shroud of Martin could seal off the L'cie marks like it does to Archer's arm.

TYPE-MOON/Sailor Moon Crossover
The Sailor Senshi are the incarnations of the Aristoteles (TYPEs). Similarly to how TYPE-VENUS later incarnated as a blonde woman with wings, the TYPEs incarnated into a human form. Unfortunately, this resulted in their memories being temporarily sealed off, but they are slowly coming back (like Silver Millennium memories). This is an AU of Angel Notes where instead of Gaia dying and sending out a cry for revenge against humanity, Gaia is invaded by the Negaverse and calls for help from the other planets. The Youma invading from the Negaverse are an alien existence and no one other than wielders of True Magic are able to affect them. The TYPEs (now Senshi) are also an alien existence so are able to kill the Youma. Gaia and the other planets were worried that the mere presence of the TYPEs would do as much harm as the Youma themselves thanks to the TYPEs alien existence rewriting the reality around them. So the TYPEs were incarnated as embryos into the wombs of specifically chosen women across Tokyo, the center of the Negaverse incursion. The embryonic incarnation of the TYPEs used the natural process of birth to cause the world to regard the TYPEs' presence as natural and vice-versa, so there would be no conflict with their presence in the world. Maybe the Moon Castle could be Millennium Castle Brunestud. I am not sure what to make of Arcueid Brunestud. Maybe she could be the Senshi of Earth or a replacement for Mamoru. The TYPE-MOON wiki calls Arcueid ARCHETYPE-EARTH, so I suppose something Earth related if you want to include her in the story. This story was intended to answer the question of how to make Sailor Moon cooler. My answer was to import it into the TYPE-MOON universe.

Edit: fixed the spacing and added the Shroud of Martin idea
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:53:59 AM by solitare »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2013, 01:25:31 AM »
Hmm, is there a reason your post is spaced like that?

As for the ideas, I don't know much about what they're crossing-over with, but if you're looking at HF Shirou for the first one I'm not sure he would easily fall for someone else. I'm not sure how exactly you're intending this to work, though.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
The sailormoon crossover although out there has potential. However the final fantasy 13 crossover needs to be scrapped completely. FF13 has a god awful story and no amount of crossovers can ever fix the problems inherent in the plot and characters. It's best not to dirty your hands attempting to crossover the nasuverse with final fantasy, from 7 to13 (9 and 11 excluded for obvious reasons) the stories and characters have been heavily flawed at best.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »
However the final fantasy 13 crossover needs to be scrapped completely.
needs

Nah.

Should? Probably, idea sounds pretty bad. You'd prefer it? Obviously. But needs?

Nah.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
Whatever dude, I'm tired one word is insignificant

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »
It's not insignificant if the guy decides to come back, sees that one of his ideas was labeled "Needs to be scrapped" for reasons having nothing to do with the idea itself and decides to go elsewhere in the future because you came off as a Final Fantasy elitist.

You might think there's no such thing as tone on the internet, Lantz, but there is wording.

solitare

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »
Hmm, is there a reason your post is spaced like that?

As for the ideas, I don't know much about what they're crossing-over with, but if you're looking at HF Shirou for the first one I'm not sure he would easily fall for someone else. I'm not sure how exactly you're intending this to work, though.

The formatting is from my ffnet page. I was hoping that it would make my long post easier to read. As much as I like this forum's background, it's not very good for reading. As for Shirou not falling for anyone else, I agree. I guess I should have worded that part better. What I meant was that Snow would apply Shirou's memories and powers to Snow's life. I wanted Snow to be his own person and not having Shirou basically possessing or replacing him.

the final fantasy 13 crossover needs to be scrapped completely. FF13 has a god awful story and no amount of crossovers can ever fix the problems inherent in the plot and characters. It's best not to dirty your hands attempting to crossover the nasuverse with final fantasy, from 7 to13 (9 and 11 excluded for obvious reasons) the stories and characters have been heavily flawed at best.

Could you tell me why you thought it was so bad? I played FF13-2 first and loved it. It was my first Final Fantasy game. Now I'm playing FF13 (chapter 8 I think) and I'm liking it as well. People complain about feeling claustrophobic, but the linear nature stops me from getting lost. I tried Oblivion and I spent the first 12 hours lost in the woods before someone accidentally ejected the game (I hadn't saved) and I decided not to try again.

Basically, when I started playing FF13 I thought that Snow reminded me a lot of Shirou, but Snow starts off a lot more competent. It sounded to me like: "I will save save everyone, but especially Serah". That's pretty much Shirou without his distortion. Snow starts off as "I'll save Serah. Screw the world". That sounds kind of like HF Shirou.

I just had another idea for the FF13 crossover. How about using the Shroud of Martin to seal off the L'cie brands. Hey, it worked for Archer's arm. That's another thing I saw in common with HF Shirou. Snow and Shirou both get superpowers that slowly kill them and turn them into mindless monsters. I bet Shirou's Made of Blades form would count as an Undying Cie'th (the strongest kind which are mostly bosses and superbosses).