Author Topic: Crossover ideas thread  (Read 26004 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover ideas thread
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
You can't, not without a complete concept rebuild. Starting with which cast you plan to use and then the method of adaptation for the other series details.

Cursed by Creation

• He Who Defies the Balance of Things
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2013, 11:00:15 AM »
Here's an idea for a Halo x Fate crossover:

Several archeologists find a Precursor artifact and unwittingly activate it, causing them to hyper-evolve to a level that causes both Gaia and Alaya to lust for their blood.  The Precursor artifact however transports them to a secure location, but they later return to share the Precursors' 'gifts' with the rest of Humanity, something which the Association, the DAA, and the Church do not want to happen for various reasons such as but not limited to:

1) For the Association all of Humanity gaining the power of neural physics would mean an end to all magecraft.
2) For the Church, neural physics is something that would give Humanity the power of God, and therefore must be abhorred.
3) For the DAA it would mean Humanity surpassing Gaia and Alaya, marking an end to the balance of the World.

However, world leaders secretly form an arrangement with the Precursor-touched Humans, resulting in a war between the ordinary Humans and their magical counterparts and their allies.
Your heart longs for the Kingdom of Freedom, a World that has no set future.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »
Hmm, I doubt it would be as simple as a war between ordinary humans and magi. For example, where would someone like Shirou fit into that? He uses magic, but he's not a magus.

And, even magi who do want magecraft to remain powerful would not necessarily agree on methods. I don't see someone like Rin or Sakura being OK with massacring civilians, for example. Plus, magi are absolutely bloody awful at working together on things. That's why the Grail War is a Grail War and not a "Grail Peaceful Ritual". And that's without even mentioning the fact that the Association, Church and DAAs all hate each other with a passion. I think it would be a lot more complex than just a direct war.

Also, why would humanity gaining the power of neural physics make magecraft disappear?

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
Neural physics is just a fancy term the Forerunners gave the Precursor' ability to think things into existence.  If everyone could use that, what's the point of studying magecraft when you can just use neural physics?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
Ah, OK.

Even so, though, it doesn't actually make magecraft impossible, just obsolete, and it doesn't prevent the ultimate goal of magi, which is to reach Akasha.

Certainly there are magi who would nevertheless oppose it, but I wouldn't expect the nicer magi like Rin to do so. She has no desire to hold back the rest of humanity just so she can be superior to them. And, some magi would outright support it, particularly the ones with specific goals. For example, I would expect Zouken to be on humanity's side there, since he could use the technology to gain immortality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:07:35 AM by Cherry Lover »

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2013, 01:02:40 AM »
Most of the Association (especially the most traditional families) won't though.  And neither would the DAA or the Church.  Here's an interesting thought: Precursor-touched Humans vs Counter Guardians and the Dog of Gaia/Altrouge Brunestud.  The carnage would be glorious.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2013, 01:09:10 AM »
Most of the Association (especially the most traditional families) won't though.  And neither would the DAA or the Church. 

Yeah, possibly, although the Association would be less bothered than the rest, probably.

Here's an interesting thought: Precursor-touched Humans vs Counter Guardians and the Dog of Gaia/Altrouge Brunestud.  The carnage would be glorious.

Why would Counter-Guardians be summoned against them, though? They're no danger to humanity.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
Here's an interesting thought: Precursor-touched Humans vs Counter Guardians and the Dog of Gaia/Altrouge Brunestud.  The carnage would be glorious.

Why would Counter-Guardians be summoned against them, though? They're no danger to humanity.

The balance would break, that's why.  I understand that with each passing generation Alaya would slowly grow in strength as Humanity steadily advances at the cost of the natural world, but that doesn't mean the Counter Force doesn't try to prolong the inevitable destruction of the World.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »

The balance would break, that's why.  I understand that with each passing generation Alaya would slowly grow in strength as Humanity steadily advances at the cost of the natural world, but that doesn't mean the Counter Force doesn't try to prolong the inevitable destruction of the World.

Alaya isn't interested in protecting Gaia. It's interested in advancing humanity. It couldn't care less if we destroy the world, it only cares if we survive doing so.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:17 AM »
I agree, but the Counter Force can be called upon by both Gaia and Alaya.  Regardless of what either do, individual Humans would suffer and die as a result.  So yes, Alaya might send Counter Guardians if the Precursor-touched Humans provoke Gaia overwhelmingly.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »
I agree, but the Counter Force can be called upon by both Gaia and Alaya.  Regardless of what either do, individual Humans would suffer and die as a result.  So yes, Alaya might send Counter Guardians if the Precursor-touched Humans provoke Gaia overwhelmingly.

Actually, the Counter Force is a Gaia-only thing. Alaya has Counter Guardians.

However, I don't think Alaya would act to stop humans provoking Gaia. It can only act to protect humans from each other or from an external threat, not to protect something else from humans. It would simply act to stop Gaia from wiping out humanity.

Remember, Alaya is the collective human consciousness. I don't think it is an independant entity with its own will. It won't act to prevent things that humans want to happen solely because they might have bad consequences in the future.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:29 AM »
True, Alaya doesn't seem to care that Humanity is inevitably marching down the road to Notes.

Okay, shifting gears, if the Ultimate Ones are prematurely summoned (ORT/Type-Mercury is already on Earth) as a result of the appearance of the Precursor-touched Humans, would the Counter-Guardians be summoned to help fight them?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »
Hmm, I dunno. Most probably, yes, since they're a threat to humanity as a whole.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2013, 02:16:14 AM »
Alright then, I'll note that down in my list of pilots.

Moving on, this is one concept that's been dancing around but I'll probably never do it because the protagonist is too OP: Superman as Kariya's Berserker.  Honestly, Type-Krypton as a Servant?  What do you think?

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
Okay, I was laughing a fair bit there, which makes me wonder how likely Superman would act in the situation in a truly positive manner (if I recall correctly, he's weak to magic, anyway).