Author Topic: Crossover ideas thread  (Read 25975 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover ideas thread
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
1) This story is part of the prequel cycle for the setting. As such, Road from Yesterday will introduce things from the setting's main sources, like how Avalon Solutions goes about fixing the problems in other worlds (and even includes the parts about the different supernatural powers and how they're supposed to mix together).

I still don't get what you mean.

2) In the event of Zouken trying to avoid death, well, that becomes an epic fail (because Justica, having been freed from the prison in the Greater Grail set up by Angra Mainyu right after the Fourth War ended (I'm still working that part out), decides to pay him a "visit" in the form of a wraith that destroys his chance to bodyjack Sakura... before telling him she hates his guts for what he did in life).

Ah, OK.

Well, in that case, where does Sakura end up?

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »
1) What I meant was, I'm building something of a stage for when the Avalon Solutions stories get started, setting up the headquarters in the Nasuverse and working on solving as many problems as possible (while having the characters to initially man the stations be introduced by that point in the timeline of the setting).

For example:

a) Shirou is one of the co-founders. He also is one of the chefs in the agency that prepares good food.  His mission preference? Any and all (though he gets overruled by the girls when he has to go somewhere with hot ladies).

b) Megumi (a genderbent SI of mine) is another of the co-founders. She's also the only legitimate Master from two Wars, having summoned Diarmuid in the Fourth War and Castko in the Fifth (no idea how yet), the latter sticking around in Avalon Solutions. Her mission preference? Anything that helps her become a guy again (though that's not what actually happens).

c) Sakura is the third of the co-founders. She's also recuperating from the events of the Fifth War, though that doesn't mean she can't be an action girl, it's just that she doesn't want to over-exert herself. Her mission preferences? Anything that involves saving little kids from abusive lives (including Harry Potter) as a priority.

2) Well, Kariya still lives after the Fourth War (though he avoids nearly killing Aoi due to a timely warning), so he takes over for Zouken in the decision making process (upon the vampire's death)... and gives Sakura his crest (the actual one) before giving her back to Aoi and Rin.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »
1) What I meant was, I'm building something of a stage for when the Avalon Solutions stories get started, setting up the headquarters in the Nasuverse and working on solving as many problems as possible (while having the characters to initially man the stations be introduced by that point in the timeline of the setting).

Hmm, so you're intending to have this story be part of the backstory for Avalon Solutions?

Honestly, I think the base universe for it should be pure Nasuverse. Otherwise anyone who wants to write stuff for it needs to understand the crossover universe as well.

a) Shirou is one of the co-founders. He also is one of the chefs in the agency that prepares good food.  His mission preference? Any and all (though he gets overruled by the girls when he has to go somewhere with hot ladies).

Yeah, he'd want to go everywhere. I don't think "hot ladies" would be what made them over-rule him, though, they're not that possessive.

b) Megumi (a genderbent SI of mine) is another of the co-founders. She's also the only legitimate Master from two Wars, having summoned Diarmuid in the Fourth War and Castko in the Fifth (no idea how yet), the latter sticking around in Avalon Solutions. Her mission preference? Anything that helps her become a guy again (though that's not what actually happens).

I'm a bit wary of this, honestly. Is there a justification of why she's in both wars?

c) Sakura is the third of the co-founders. She's also recuperating from the events of the Fifth War, though that doesn't mean she can't be an action girl, it's just that she doesn't want to over-exert herself.

What "events" do you mean? I thought you said she was free of Zouken prior to that point.

Her mission preferences? Anything that involves saving little kids from abusive lives (including Harry Potter) as a priority.

Yeah, that figures, I think she would be very sympathetic of such kids (certainly my version is).

2) Well, Kariya still lives after the Fourth War (though he avoids nearly killing Aoi due to a timely warning), so he takes over for Zouken in the decision making process (upon the vampire's death)... and gives Sakura his crest (the actual one) before giving her back to Aoi and Rin.

Ah, OK. So, she's back to being a Tohsaka? How does that affect the Fifth War?

Kariya doesn't have a crest, though, so I'm not sure what he's going to implant.

Also, transplanting a crest into someone is painful, and transplanting the crest of another family is basically impossible. Whilst Zouken is an uncaring bastard, even if he had genuinely cared about Sakura's well-being, he'd still probably have had to throw her to the worms or similar in order to make her part of the family and give her the crest. Even Rin is said to suffer quite a lot of pain from her crest, and it's her own family crest and her father genuinely does care for her.

I guess Sakura has been through a lot of the training already, but even so I would imagine the Matou crest would be somewhat painful for her.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2013, 06:59:15 PM »

Hmm, so you're intending to have this story be part of the backstory for Avalon Solutions?

Honestly, I think the base universe for it should be pure Nasuverse. Otherwise anyone who wants to write stuff for it needs to understand the crossover universe as well.

I can understand where you're coming from with this. Honestly, if the events of Guilty Crown took place before the formation of Avalon Solutions, then it'd be a problem on my end to figure out how to explain the crossover universe without it being too complicated of an explanation.

Yeah, he'd want to go everywhere. I don't think "hot ladies" would be what made them over-rule him, though, they're not that possessive.

You'd be surprised by how much they want him to avoid... er, knocking up girls... to solve problems, and the hotter ones tend to pose a problem for his willpower.

Okay, that aside, he's a bit dense in regards to how the girls want to keep him away from places like the Dead or Alive world (especially if it's the Xtreme part of the setting). For instance, they don't want him to get STIs and inadvertently kill the rest of the Fate side of the agency (don't know yet how STIs work in regards to the scabbard Avalon), and they don't want him to be forced to stay in one world for far too long (he'd die in that regard).

I'm a bit wary of this, honestly. Is there a justification of why she's in both wars?

Fourth War has her summoning because of being attacked by a group of thugs (the Grail chose her at the time) while walking home with a piece of Diarmuid's equipment (part of one of his spears). Fifth War has her summoning intentionally (Grail still chose her prior) with one of the rocks that kept Tamamo no Mae sealed up (she didn't know it was one of those catalysts that normally doesn't work... divine intervention from alternate realities really does suck).

Yes, the original Master of Assassin will be in the war, before you ask.

c) Sakura is the third of the co-founders. She's also recuperating from the events of the Fifth War, though that doesn't mean she can't be an action girl, it's just that she doesn't want to over-exert herself.

What "events" do you mean? I thought you said she was free of Zouken prior to that point.

She is free of him. It's more like something else happened that nearly kills her (keep in mind that she lives), only for some form of Plot Armor keeping her alive, to be fair... though she'll need to recover from the use of said Plot Armor.

Her mission preferences? Anything that involves saving little kids from abusive lives (including Harry Potter) as a priority.

Yeah, that figures, I think she would be very sympathetic of such kids (certainly my version is).

Indeed.

Ah, OK. So, she's back to being a Tohsaka? How does that affect the Fifth War?

Kariya doesn't have a crest, though, so I'm not sure what he's going to implant.

Also, transplanting a crest into someone is painful, and transplanting the crest of another family is basically impossible. Whilst Zouken is an uncaring bastard, even if he had genuinely cared about Sakura's well-being, he'd still probably have had to throw her to the worms or similar in order to make her part of the family and give her the crest. Even Rin is said to suffer quite a lot of pain from her crest, and it's her own family crest and her father genuinely does care for her.

I guess Sakura has been through a lot of the training already, but even so I would imagine the Matou crest would be somewhat painful for her.

*ahem* I'm still thinking on how it'll affect the Fifth War. I just know that it will.

Who said it would be from Kariya? It would be from Zouken.

I'm thinking that, while she's Tokiomi and Aoi's daughter, she's also been made a Matou in all but blood and genetics. That's the only way I can think of that can allow for her to get the crest. Of course, even though Zouken didn't mean for that to happen, he had made Sakura the heir to the Makiri the moment she set foot in the door to his house.

---

Any questions you want to ask?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
I can understand where you're coming from with this. Honestly, if the events of Guilty Crown took place before the formation of Avalon Solutions, then it'd be a problem on my end to figure out how to explain the crossover universe without it being too complicated of an explanation.

Honestly, I think it's just not a good idea to make the backstory a crossover, especially not when I see little necessity for it. It just makes it really difficult for those of us who don't know Guilty Crown to really understand the setting, which makes it hard for us to write for it.

You'd be surprised by how much they want him to avoid... er, knocking up girls... to solve problems, and the hotter ones tend to pose a problem for his willpower.

Yeah, I really don't like that attitude. He has free will, he's capable of not fucking every hot girl he meets. And, if he wasn't, he'd have already fucked the girls at home anyway.

Plus, this is Shirou we're talking about. He tends to be pretty oblivious when it comes to sex. I really don't see him as someone who would just start fucking random girls like that.

Okay, that aside, he's a bit dense in regards to how the girls want to keep him away from places like the Dead or Alive world (especially if it's the Xtreme part of the setting). For instance, they don't want him to get STIs and inadvertently kill the rest of the Fate side of the agency (don't know yet how STIs work in regards to the scabbard Avalon), and they don't want him to be forced to stay in one world for far too long (he'd die in that regard).

Shirou isn't a slut, though, he's not going to go fucking every girl he meets.

Fourth War has her summoning because of being attacked by a group of thugs (the Grail chose her at the time) while walking home with a piece of Diarmuid's equipment (part of one of his spears). Fifth War has her summoning intentionally (Grail still chose her prior) with one of the rocks that kept Tamamo no Mae sealed up (she didn't know it was one of those catalysts that normally doesn't work... divine intervention from alternate realities really does suck).

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about this. Is there a reason for her being there? Self-insert characters are always rather dubious....

She is free of him. It's more like something else happened that nearly kills her (keep in mind that she lives), only for some form of Plot Armor keeping her alive, to be fair... though she'll need to recover from the use of said Plot Armor.[/quote]

How would that happen, though? She's free of Zouken and back with Rin, she is in far less danger in this timeline.

*ahem* I'm still thinking on how it'll affect the Fifth War. I just know that it will.

Well, it would be a massive change. She and Rin would acknowledge each other as family, which means they're unlikely to be out to fight each other unless Sakura has something to prove.

But Zouken is dead at this point, so the one who decides to implant it has to be Kariya.

I'm thinking that, while she's Tokiomi and Aoi's daughter, she's also been made a Matou in all but blood and genetics. That's the only way I can think of that can allow for her to get the crest. Of course, even though Zouken didn't mean for that to happen, he had made Sakura the heir to the Makiri the moment she set foot in the door to his house.

It's a biological compatibility thing, though, not a matter of definition. Calling her a Matou doesn't make her able to inherit the crest.

Having said that, the "training" Zouken put her through would make her a Matou to at least some extent, so it is possible for her to inherit the crest. I suspect it would be rather painful, though.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2013, 12:54:33 AM »

Honestly, I think it's just not a good idea to make the backstory a crossover, especially not when I see little necessity for it. It just makes it really difficult for those of us who don't know Guilty Crown to really understand the setting, which makes it hard for us to write for it.

This is where one of two things would happen on my end: 1) It becomes a simpler Nasu-based story, or 2) I make things easier to explain on the Guilty Crown side of things.

Yeah, I really don't like that attitude. He has free will, he's capable of not fucking every hot girl he meets. And, if he wasn't, he'd have already fucked the girls at home anyway.

Plus, this is Shirou we're talking about. He tends to be pretty oblivious when it comes to sex. I really don't see him as someone who would just start fucking random girls like that.

Which reminds me... I still haven't beaten F/sN yet to know Shirou as a person. This sucks.

Shirou isn't a slut, though, he's not going to go fucking every girl he meets.

I realize that now.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about this. Is there a reason for her being there? Self-insert characters are always rather dubious....

Is there a reason for being born?

...okay, on a more serious note, she's there to assist in purifying the Grail before the agency gets formed. She just sticks around because she doesn't know how to go back home (yet).

She is free of him. It's more like something else happened that nearly kills her (keep in mind that she lives), only for some form of Plot Armor keeping her alive, to be fair... though she'll need to recover from the use of said Plot Armor.

How would that happen, though? She's free of Zouken and back with Rin, she is in far less danger in this timeline.

To be honest, it's more like a bunch of magecraft-aware thugs try getting at her real family through her, but that doesn't work in their benefit... and it's how she manages to summon Medusa as Rider in this timeline.

Well, it would be a massive change. She and Rin would acknowledge each other as family, which means they're unlikely to be out to fight each other unless Sakura has something to prove.

I'm still working out the kinks in the idea... just give me time on it.

But Zouken is dead at this point, so the one who decides to implant it has to be Kariya.

I meant, the crest itself would be harvested from Zouken's body, but Kariya doesn't want it for himself.

It's a biological compatibility thing, though, not a matter of definition. Calling her a Matou doesn't make her able to inherit the crest.

Having said that, the "training" Zouken put her through would make her a Matou to at least some extent, so it is possible for her to inherit the crest. I suspect it would be rather painful, though.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking (what you said at the end).

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2013, 01:23:37 AM »
This is where one of two things would happen on my end: 1) It becomes a simpler Nasu-based story, or 2) I make things easier to explain on the Guilty Crown side of things.

The thing is, though, even if you explain Guilty Crown, you're still forcing anyone who uses the setting to include elements from it whether or not they care about it. It might be OK if all you're doing is using Guilty Crown to set up the backstory and don't include anything from it in the story itself, but if people writing in the universe are going to need an understanding of and interest in Guilty Crown to do so then it's a problem.

Which reminds me... I still haven't beaten F/sN yet to know Shirou as a person. This sucks.

Yeah, that might be a good plan....

Is there a reason for being born?

No, but characters aren't real people. They only exist if you make them, so it is entirely reasonable to ask why they are there....

...okay, on a more serious note, she's there to assist in purifying the Grail before the agency gets formed. She just sticks around because she doesn't know how to go back home (yet).

Ah, I see, so you need her to justify purifying the Grail?

To be honest, it's more like a bunch of magecraft-aware thugs try getting at her real family through her, but that doesn't work in their benefit... and it's how she manages to summon Medusa as Rider in this timeline.

Wouldn't Rin just beat the shit out of anyone who tried that?

In a universe like this I would expect Rin to be extremely protective of Sakura, since she would surely know that she'd suffered a lot in her time with the Matou family. Sakura might not necessarily want to be protected all the time, but I don't see Rin as being willing to let her sister suffer again.

I meant, the crest itself would be harvested from Zouken's body, but Kariya doesn't want it for himself.

Sure, that doesn't automatically mean he'd give it to Sakura, though. He'd only do that if he thought it was in her interests. And, really, Kariya isn't a magus, so he's unlikely to see pain as an acceptable trade-off for getting a crest.

It's possible, though, that Tokiomi might convince him, if they come to terms somehow.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
So given Second Holy Grail War happened in 1860s, Bakumatsu era crossover with Gintama might happen. But warning is that if I get around to write it mechanics will be most likely revolving over Gintama's spiritual world. As things like non-Type aliens are a common sight it's clear Nasuverse rules cannot apply. There are heroic spirits referenced in both settings, though, in Stand arc where Nobunaga, Mitsuhide and Hideyoshi were called the same term as used in Nasuverse.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »
Huh... that sounds interesting. Perhaps you should write it out?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2015, 07:35:53 PM »
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't have much time to spare recently.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2015, 01:28:41 AM »
I see what you mean... work-related, I guess, right?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2015, 10:44:59 AM »
Work alone would not be the issue, but exams are.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2015, 05:51:47 PM »
Ah... it's times like this when I'm glad I'm not in school any longer.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2015, 08:10:55 PM »
Postgraduate studies.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile