Author Topic: Garo Quest  (Read 1896 times)

Puck-Chan

  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 399
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Garo Quest
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »

“When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.”

--Ursula K. Le Guin

The encompassing dark encroaches all. You could feel it writhing and grasping aimlessly. Screams from that pit gnaws at you from the utter fear welling from the very walls of your stomach. From the dim light emanating from the lighter, you could barely see it.

Fangs. Sharper than any razor edge, could be seen as its skeletal maw opens wide, eager to sink into flesh. Its tail aimlessly sways side by side. As if contemplating how to best sample the walking piece of meat that is you.

There's no need to use the lighter for it, you know what this is. A Horror, the evil that continues to feed upon humanity. Your very bane. But you know duty calls you to slay it. Trepidation crawls through your very spine, teeth closed grimly shut. You--

[ ] -hold up your sword to assume the basic stance.

[ ] -aim the deadly point of your halberd, ready to sink itself into its accursed demonic flesh.

[ ] -heft up your axe diagonally above your head with its wicked edge keening against the dim light from your madou lighter.

[ ] -start spinning the chains of your flail side by side you to generate maximum force.

[ ] Write-in.



First time for me trying out a Quest. So I'll do my best to make it nice as I can. Critiques to improve would be great too. Also I'll be posting up the next reply tomorrow hopefully.


On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

YOLF

  • Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
  • **********
  • Posts: 1169
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »
[X] -heft up your axe diagonally above your head with its wicked edge keening against the dim light from your madou lighter.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

I_care_not_till_I_must

  • Panda
  • Dead Apostle
  • ******
  • Posts: 2680
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »
[X] -hold up your sword to assume the basic stance.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there


[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

Soldat der Trauer

  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
[X] -start spinning the chains of your flail side by side you to generate maximum force.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

  • L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Servant
  • **********
  • Posts: 957
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:20 AM »
[ ] Write-in.
Shout an introduction and promise of defeat.

You defeat these things, yet must maintain the difference between you and its bestial self: Respect.

Puck-Chan

  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 399
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:37:21 AM »
[ ] Write-in.
Shout an introduction and promise of defeat.

You defeat these things, yet must maintain the difference between you and its bestial self: Respect.

...Love you too, sweet prince. ;~;



If a tie-breaker isn't up by tomorrow, I'll be using a RNG by assigning said choices by number, 1 to 4, from top to bottom. Everyone okay with this?


On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Puck-Chan

  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 399
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »

The axe felt light in your right hand, a testament to your Soul Metal manipulation mastery. Its razor edge gleams against the madou flame's incandescent light with eagerness as the Horror hissed at you. The passageway of the humid cave is rather small. But, there is enough room for you to make full use of your weapon despite the piercing stalagmites and stalactites around you. You could feel your very own grip is slightly damp from nervous sweat. 

The monster could smell it. The ghost of a smile subtly flitted its grotesque features as it narrowed its eyes.

"Just remember the training... Just remember the training..."

The mantra continued to repeat itself in your head. You refuse to allow fear to run rampant. It's what the Horror wants, it's what it thrives on. Despite that, you could feel the heart fluttering in the chest. When a water drop left the stalactite, it lunged at you with claws wide open to thrash through your flesh.

You...

[ ]...dodge to the right.

[ ]...counterattack with the axe swing downwards to the head.

[ ]...parry with the axe.

[ ]...set it ablaze with your madou lighter (3 Charges Remaining)

[ ] Write-in.



Number generator picked 3. See here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:20:39 PM by Puck-Chan »


On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Soldat der Trauer

  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Re: Garo Quest
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »
[X]...parry with the axe.