Author Topic: Garo RP [OOC]  (Read 20414 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Garo RP [OOC]
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »
tadaaa

Spoiler for Hiden:
Basic Information
Name: Takamah Inuwe

Alignment: Makai Priests

Sex: Male

Title:Priest

Appearance: Takamah usually wears a shabby straw hat, sunglasses and a baggy robe, thick elaborate cloth that makes him look larger than he is. His pants are large, a dark blue contrasting with his paler robes of a slight gold, and silver motifs of broded birds, trees and flowers.

He has high wooden sandals that make it look like he would have difficulty running, but surprisingly he is somewhat athletic under his extravagant and eccentric clothing. His medium wavy hair of a rich brown fall to his shoulders and sometimes happen to cover his eyes (which annoys him to no end, but he is too lazy to do anything about it).

His eyes do happen to be of a deep green emerald color, and his thin lips are reddened and supple. Finally, he never leaves without his brush staff and ink pot, a colossal container ornate with animal motifs and inscriptions of names and prayers engraved and inked meticulously.

Personality: Somewhat lazy and aloof with a cock side, Takamah is an exccentric priest trainee who loves having the last laugh. Sometimes mischievous, he deals with the challenges that face him with an overall positive attitude, but can be quite serious and meticulous when the situation calls for it. Even if he seems warm and aloof, he is quite calculating and always plans one step ahead. He is also a bird lover and reading is one of his past times that he favors, although writing and drawing are not off either.

History: Takamah always had a fascination with the unknown and the mysteries of magic. One figured he would be a perfect priest who would enforce order and peace, although his attitude always put him aside on the priority list. His lineage was always one of modesty, one of humility which often breeded valuable assets in the healing department of priesthood. Until now…
Finally, Takamah is ready to show the world just how great he is, and join the frontlines in the fight against horrors.

Statistics

Strength: 2

Speed: 2 (1 when carrying the pot)

Agility:4

Endurance: 2

Willpower: 3

Inga: 15

Equipment:

Madou Brush Staff:
Description: The basic spell-casting tool for Makai Priests. His is larger than the usual writing brushes, and serves as a brush as well as a staff.

Large Ink Pot: A large pot of ink imbued with magical properties Takamah carries around. He employs it in combat and stores his Gouryou inside as well. It is quite heavy, thus it is difficult for him to move nimbly when carrying it around(as long as he carries it, he loses a point of speed).

Mahoui: Description: Magical cloth that has been weaved together into clothing. These garbs provide some magical protection besides serving as uniforms.

Resistance: 2. 

Gouryou: Inku ningyō

Description: A pitch black humanoid doll-like being made of ink. It can change it’s density and harden, thus physical attacks against it are less effective. However, damaging the inscription on it’s head will disable it. It can turn it’s limbs into blades or flay them with blunt force, and usually serves to give him cover or act as distraction. Keep in mind it has no resistance to magic itself. It can also amplify its body temperature up to a hundred degrees.

Usefulness: 3

Disciplines:

Magical Tinkering:
Number Rank: 2

Offensive Spells:

Defensive Spells:
Number Rank: 1

Tracking/Scrying Spells:

Sealing Spells:
Number Rank: 3

Purification Spells:

Healing Spells:

Martial Arts:

Special Ability (Ink Scriptures)
Description: The ability to create scriptures with various effects.

Spells/Techniques:

Name: Magic Thorns (Offensive)
Description: Launches 4-7 thorns, around 15 cm long and 3 cm thick. They will pierce flesh with relative ease, and travel about as fast as a bullet. However, the thorns must be formed before being fired, which takes a bit of time.

Name: Infernal Grasp (Offensive)
Description: Sets arcane vines on fire, causing a blazing inferno that engulfs all those enthralled by the vines.

Name: Mirror shield (Defensive)
Description: Creates a shield-like barrier for an instant that deflects magical and physical attacks, repelling them back unless the timing is off or the attack is strong enough.

Name: Light chime (Tracking)
Description: Releases a bright orb of light emitting a chiming noise. It will track a target without cease and will shine brighter for as long as it is in it’s target’s proximity.

Name: Cleansing flames (Purification)
Description: Applying in a specific area, multicolored flames swirl and dance upon the target. These flames will not burn; instead they will eat away at all impurities located in the targeted location. However, if there are too many impurities, or if the impurities themselves are too powerful, the flames will be consumed.

Name: Arcane Vines (Sealing)
Description: When cast upon active thorns, vines of energy will grow out of them and wrap around the target who was subjected to the thorns, constricting movement. The vines have thorns grow out of them that dig into flesh, causing harm the more one struggles.

Name: The Depths(Sealing)
Causes space to freeze and grow in density up to a nine meter radius, causing all that stands in the area to be slowed down as if moving underwater.

Name: Golden (Sealing)
Description: Releases a golden arrow-like beam that strikes a singular target. If it connects and the attack is not averted, the target will be owned by the caster, who will generate a miniature string puppet replica. As long as this string puppet is unharmed, all it’s movements will be controlled.

Name: Healing Winds (Healing)
Description: Releases a blue mist-like wave that imbues its target with medicinal properties. Pain will be soothed, bleeding will stop to a degree and sickness will slowly cease.

Techniques:

Name: Ink Scripture (Numbness)
Number Rank:3
Description: Using his staff, Takamah employs a scripture. This particular scripture enables him to manipulate his ink to an extent, to direct waves and splash it around freely. Upon contact, the ink will slowly seep into the skin and cause numbness on the affected area.

Name: Ink Scripture (Invisibility)
Description: Using his staff, Takamah employs a scripture. This particular scripture enables him to manipulate his ink to an extent, to direct waves and splash it around freely. Upon contact, the ink will render all it touches invisible to the naked eye.

Name: Ink Scripture (Burning)
Description: Using his staff, Takamah employs a scripture. This particular scripture enables him to manipulate his ink to an extent, to direct waves and splash it around freely. Upon contact, the ink bubbles with heat and sets on fire, not unlike napalm.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:13:18 PM by francobull3 »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 01:21:35 AM »
Added Takawah Inuwe to the list on the OP. So, he's accepted now.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 02:16:19 AM »
Sorry for double-posting. Gee, gotta stop doing that. I finally came with something about Madou Lighters and Madou Fire. It shall also be on the OP.

A note on Madou Lighters and Madou Fire: Since it's hard to tell discern the series' ambiguity with it, I'll allow people to make Madou Fire on their own without lighter. Meaning the amount of points in Madou Fire equals more damage bonus and also how many posts it lasts. Which means if you use all your points up, it will have the damage bonus of that many points and will last as many posts as that many points used. You also have an option to not use all your points. So this scales up or down the damage bonus and how much it lasts. The limit as to how long and the damage bonus is the amount of Madou Fire you have. You may regen points for it in the RP session for every 5 posts you don't use it.

That said, you have the Madou Lighter. Madou Lighters allow you to have a freebie. The number of charges you have on it are the number of flame uses you can use for free and with full damage bonus from the amount of points you put in Madou Fire discipline. But it will only last for five posts no matter what. And the number of charges will not regen until after the rp session. That said, you must use your Madou Fire to discern the identity of Horrors. Not without it. This uses up a charge as well as lighting yourself and your Soul Metal Weapon up and using it as a flamethrower.

Edit (3/23/15): So I changed up the stats for the trainee template. Priest trainees are now stuck at 2 points to all of their physical stats (including willpower) instead of 1. Knight trainees with 4. Nothing changes for anything else like equipment or disciplines.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:00:28 AM by Puck-Chan »

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 12:13:48 AM »
Seeing as how the Inga stat already starts higher than the usual 7-pt cap, is there an upper limit value to what it may be raised?

Also, funny how I'm not in that credits postscript after two irc sessions... >w>

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 02:13:34 AM »
Priest sheet done.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Name: Kagami Kazuma
Alignment: Makai Priest
Title: Priest
Appearance: Kazuma has a lean but firm build partially the result of training. While not exceedingly so, he is tall for an Asian, which combined with his sharp features causes him to always appear somewhat severe. His grey left eye contrasts strongly with his unnatural golden right eye. He often wears suits, or dark practical clothing.

Image:

Personality: Professional and cynical, with a sometimes morbid and sometimes nonsensical sense of humor and filled with contradictory amusement towards human nature. Kazuma does not hold back in pointing out the ugliness of humans if he believes it to be relevant, but does not stop himself from praising them either. He expects no thanks for the work he undergoes, nor is he particularly interested in hearing them. A weak mind would rely on such praise to maintain their sanity, but not him. He simply does what he is good at, serving a higher purpose in the process.

History:
For centuries, the Kagami have been a Makai Priest family deeply intertwined with the darker side of the Order, serving as mostly shadow agents and cleaners. Though Knights have come from their lineage, tradition states the head of the family must always be a Priest and all members who are intended to serve the Makai Order receive priest training.

Roughly three generations before the current day, the family was allegedly cursed by a powerful Horror whose banishing Kagami kinsmen had been instrumental to. The Horror blighted their name, condemning those with their blood to eternally kill their loved ones - or be killed by them.

No one knows if their bloodline is truly cursed, haunted so strongly by the remaining malignance of that particular horror, but it remains a fact that ever since they have been plagued with great misfortune. They lost two leaders to horrors that corrupted and possessed people close to them, had at least one potential heir overtaken by jaki, and were stricken by several agents dead in the line of work. Either way, the stigma associated with the rumors surrounding them has distanced the family even more from larger parts of the Makai Order.

Kazuma himself is a grisly victim of these circumstances. As a child, he did not oppose himself to following the way of the Makai Priest, and so was schooled at home in the proper skills and had the family techniques passed down to him as he progressed in his training. His mother, who had the misfortune of seeing his father die suppressing a Horror, causing her fall into a declining state of subtle insanity, was his primary teacher. During a training exercise in his teens, she blinded him in an eye, demeaning his weakness in delirium. That is when he knew, and so took a heavy decision then to remove her from the affairs of the family and free her from her own madness before her condition deteriorated even further. And so, using the techniques of their family he killed his mother when she did not expect it and laid her to rest. The incident and his choice linger deeply in his mind, and the aftermath delayed the conclusion of his training as  Makai Priest.

Statistics

Speed: 3

Agility: 4

Inga: 14

Equipment:

Madou Tool: Jagan
Description: A black-tinted glass eye with catching gothic yellow markings that spread from the radius of the iris. The pupil is a vertical slit with a yellow outside and black inside. This replacement eye allows the priest to more easily perceive the traces left by Horrors and their corruption, and pierce through their human guises by locking gazes for a few seconds.

Madou Brush:
Description: A basic, calligraphy pen-sized Madou Brush with a concealed blade.

Mahoui: Overcoat
Description: Magical cloth that has been weaved together into clothing. These garbs provide some magical protection besides serving as uniforms. Has the shape of a subtle black overcoat.

Disciplines:

Magical Tinkering:

Offensive Spells: Fudo-Myo Shingon; Zansatsu-Ken; Issen

Defensive Spells: Kemuri Kekkai; Kyouka Suigetsu; Tsuki Ni Murakumo Hana Ni Kaze

Tracking/Scrying Spells: Shikigami; Unmei No Shibari

Sealing Spells: Raikou Fuuin; Kuji-Kiri Enso

Purification Spells: Harae

Healing Spells: Kokoro No Hanasaki

Martial Arts: 3

Spells:

Name: Issen (Offensive)
Description: The priest paints a line in the air with his madou brush. This line becomes a blade that slashes what it crosses. Be it an object or an enemy in the path of the priest, it is cut down in a flash.

Name: Zansatsu-Ken (Offensive)
Description: Inscribed with power, the priest's hand temporarily becomes as if a lethal weapon. The arm is like a blade that can rip through flesh or cleanly pierce a heart.

Name: Fudo-Myou Shingon (Offensive)
Description: The priest channels the Wisdom King Acala and the Fire Realm through his words, creating a curtain of blazing fire. This spell can be sustained by maintaining the mantra.

Name: Kuji-Kiri Enso (Sealing)
Description: With the madou brush, the priest draws the nine symbolic cuts - five horizontal and four vertical, alternating - over what he wishes to control and encloses this target in a circle, sealing them under his dominion. Objects or beings with a will of their own may strongly resist unless they are subdued first however.

Name: Raikou Fuuin (Sealing)
Description: A paper talisman written on with the madou brush is used to stun targets and freeze them with place with lightning. Individually the power of this spell is limited, but several talismans can be placed in advance as traps or used at once to maximize power.

Name: Kemuri Kekkai (Defensive)
Description: Using any source of smoke, even one as small as a cigarette, the priest creates a boundary field that keeps regular people and animals away. The edge of this area is marked by a trail of expanded smoke.

Name: Kyouka Suigetsu (Defensive)
Description: The priest seems to vanish into a murder of crows or dissipate into cherry blossom petals. The illusion conceals his actual form and masks his escape (or briefly hides his movements). Can be used to avoid attacks.

Name: Tsuki Ni Murakumo, Hana Ni Kaze (Defensive)
Description: The priest creates a transfixing landscape in the current area. Like a silent sea suspended amid the starry sky or a rain of petals in an endless corridor of freshly blossomed trees, the vision is hypnotic, rending those pulled into it helpless to perceive an attack. However, like those brief moments of beauty in nature it hyperbolizes, the duration of this illusion is short.

Name: Shikigami (Tracking)
Description: The priest animates a paper doll written on with the madou brush, turning it into an automated animal familiar with the ability to find and track jaki and stalk specific targets while feeding information back to the priest by sharing its senses with them. They are only as resilient as paper, however, and maintaining the sense feedback requires power.

Name: Unmei No Shibari (Scrying)
Description: Using a mirrored surface and a catalyst of any size that belonged to the target of this spell, the priest can visually spy on them and find their current location.

Name: Harae (Purification)
Description: A ritual involving ceremonial dancing and key gestures by the priest as a fine mist of water is conjured with the madou brush, to wash away evil and corruption. A simple and efficient spell that thoroughly cleanses an area of jaki.

Name: Kokoro No Hanasaki (Healing)
Description: A simple and direct healing spell that restores both mind and spirit. The priest blows through a circle created with the madou brush, making his breath into a wind of blooming that renews wounds and allays the heart.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:31:53 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 02:16:33 AM »
Seeing as how the Inga stat already starts higher than the usual 7-pt cap, is there an upper limit value to what it may be raised?

Also, funny how I'm not in that credits postscript after two irc sessions... >w>

Yeah, I'm gonna have to need to work on the templates more as I realized. Which I should be able to do a bit more tomorrow.

Also, whoops. I'll add ya in very soon.

I have other announcements.

I edited the Trainee sheet templates to fit the base points for the normal sheet templates. Knight Trainees should have 4's in most of its stats and a 5 in inga. Priest Trainees with 2's and 10's.

I also added a tidbit on Willpower and Illusions. I have it as a note down below. Please do check. Thanks.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 02:24:15 AM »
Priest sheet done.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Name: Kagami Kazuma
Alignment: Makai Priest
Title: Priest
Appearance: Kazuma has a lean but firm build partially the result of training. While not exceedingly so, he is tall for an Asian, which combined with his sharp features causes him to always appear somewhat severe. His grey left eye contrasts strongly with his unnatural golden right eye. He often wears suits, or dark practical clothing.

Image:

Personality: Professional and cynical, with a sometimes morbid and sometimes nonsensical sense of humor and filled with contradictory amusement towards human nature. Kazuma does not hold back in pointing out the ugliness of humans if he believes it to be relevant, but does not stop himself from praising them either. He expects no thanks for the work he undergoes, nor is he particularly interested in hearing them. A weak mind would rely on such praise to maintain their sanity, but not him. He simply does what he is good at, serving a higher purpose in the process.

History:
For centuries, the Kagami have been a Makai Priest family deeply intertwined with the darker side of the Order, serving as mostly shadow agents and cleaners. Though Knights have come from their lineage, tradition states the head of the family must always be a Priest and all members who are intended to serve the Makai Order receive priest training.

Roughly three generations before the current day, the family was allegedly cursed by a powerful Horror whose banishing Kagami kinsmen had been instrumental to. The Horror blighted their name, condemning those with their blood to eternally kill their loved ones - or be killed by them.

No one knows if their bloodline is truly cursed, haunted so strongly by the remaining malignance of that particular horror, but it remains a fact that ever since they have been plagued with great misfortune. They lost two leaders to horrors that corrupted and possessed people close to them, had at least one potential heir overtaken by jaki, and were stricken by several agents dead in the line of work. Either way, the stigma associated with the rumors surrounding them has distanced the family even more from larger parts of the Makai Order.

Kazuma himself is a grisly victim of these circumstances. As a child, he did not oppose himself to following the way of the Makai Priest, and so was schooled at home in the proper skills and had the family techniques passed down to him as he progressed in his training. His mother, who had the misfortune of seeing his father die suppressing a Horror, causing her fall into a declining state of subtle insanity, was his primary teacher. During a training exercise in his teens, she blinded him in an eye, demeaning his weakness in delirium. That is when he knew, and so took a heavy decision then to remove her from the affairs of the family and free her from her own madness before her condition deteriorated even further. And so, using the techniques of their family he killed his mother when she did not expect it and laid her to rest. The incident and his choice linger deeply in his mind, and the aftermath delayed the conclusion of his training as  Makai Priest.

Statistics

Speed: 3

Agility: 4

Inga: 15

Equipment:

Madou Tool: Jagan
Description: A black-tinted glass eye with catching gothic yellow markings that spread from the radius of the iris. The pupil is a vertical slit with a yellow outside and black inside. This replacement eye allows the priest to more easily perceive the traces left by Horrors and their corruption, and pierce through their human guises by locking gazes for a few seconds.

Madou Brush:
Description: A basic, calligraphy pen-sized Madou Brush with a concealed blade.

Mahoui: Overcoat
Description: Magical cloth that has been weaved together into clothing. These garbs provide some magical protection besides serving as uniforms. Has the shape of a subtle black overcoat.

Disciplines:

Magical Tinkering:

Offensive Spells: Fudo-Myo Shingon; Zansatsu-Ken; Issen

Defensive Spells: Kemuri Kekkai; Kyouka Suigetsu; Tsuki Ni Murakumo Hana Ni Kaze

Tracking/Scrying Spells: Shikigami; Unmei No Shibari

Sealing Spells: Raikou Fuuin; Kuji-Kiri Enso

Purification Spells: Harae

Healing Spells: Kokoro No Hanasaki

Martial Arts: 3

Spells:

Name: Issen (Offensive)
Description: The priest paints a line in the air with his madou brush. This line becomes a blade that slashes what it crosses. Be it an object or an enemy in the path of the priest, it is cut down in a flash.

Name: Zansatsu-Ken (Offensive)
Description: Inscribed with power, the priest's hand temporarily becomes as if a lethal weapon. The arm is like a blade that can rip through flesh or cleanly pierce a heart.

Name: Fudo-Myou Shingon (Offensive)
Description: The priest channels the Wisdom King Acala and the Fire Realm through his words, creating a curtain of blazing fire. This spell can be sustained by maintaining the mantra.

Name: Kuji-Kiri Enso (Sealing)
Description: With the madou brush, the priest draws the nine symbolic cuts - five horizontal and four vertical, alternating - over what he wishes to control and encloses this target in a circle, sealing them under his dominion. Objects or beings with a will of their own may strongly resist unless they are subdued first however.

Name: Raikou Fuuin (Sealing)
Description: A paper talisman written on with the madou brush is used to stun targets and freeze them with place with lightning. Individually the power of this spell is limited, but several talismans can be placed in advance as traps or used at once to maximize power.

Name: Kemuri Kekkai (Defensive)
Description: Using any source of smoke, even one as small as a cigarette, the priest creates a boundary field that keeps regular people and animals away. The edge of this area is marked by a trail of expanded smoke.

Name: Kyouka Suigetsu (Defensive)
Description: The priest seems to vanish into a murder of crows or dissipate into cherry blossom petals. The illusion conceals his actual form and masks his escape (or briefly hides his movements). Can be used to avoid attacks.

Name: Tsuki Ni Murakumo, Hana Ni Kaze (Defensive)
Description: The priest creates a transfixing landscape in the current area. Like a silent sea suspended amid the starry sky or a rain of petals in an endless corridor of freshly blossomed trees, the vision is hypnotic, rending those pulled into it helpless to perceive an attack. However, like those brief moments of beauty in nature it hyperbolizes, the duration of this illusion is short.

Name: Shikigami (Tracking)
Description: The priest animates a paper doll written on with the madou brush, turning it into an automated animal familiar with the ability to find and track jaki and stalk specific targets while feeding information back to the priest by sharing its senses with them. They are only as resilient as paper, however, and maintaining the sense feedback requires power.

Name: Unmei No Shibari (Scrying)
Description: Using a mirrored surface and a catalyst of any size that belonged to the target of this spell, the priest can visually spy on them and find their current location.

Name: Harae (Purification)
Description: A ritual involving ceremonial dancing and key gestures by the priest as a fine mist of water is conjured with the madou brush, to wash away evil and corruption. A simple and efficient spell that thoroughly cleanses an area of jaki.

Name: Kokoro No Hanasaki (Healing)
Description: A simple and direct healing spell that restores both mind and spirit. The priest blows through a circle created with the madou brush, making his breath into a wind of blooming that renews wounds and allays the heart.

Obligatory double-post as usual for me.

Additional equipment other than your Mahoui and Madou Brush will require points leftover from either your Disciplines or Stats. If you're keeping your Jagan, give it a Number Rank section like in the spells.

My other issue is that you're over one point on Disciplines. You're given 7 points to be allocated. 7 are used up, but you have Martial Arts as 3. So yeah, you'll want to reconfigure your points again.

Fuck me I can't count. Er, yeah you still got issues on Jagan. But as discussed you may take off points for Inga to pay for your Jagan.

Something new for the Madou Brushes.

Madou Brush:
Description: The basic spell-casting tool for Makai Priests. Basically their Swiss-Army Knife as it can also be used to interact with magical constructs and the like. To be able to interact such things with the brushes requires Inga points to be spent depending on the situation. While also serving as that, the brush tip can also be used to damage targets through physical contact so as long as Inga points are spent on it. There is no limit for it.

Go edit that tidbit into your Priest templates.

As for the Inga stat cap, no more than 3 points on it.

3/29/15: Added videos to watch about Garo. And notes on the Makai Order's view on Humanity, Makai Order's view on Immortality, the Makai Order itself, Senatorial Knights, Makai Armor Time Limit, Dark Knights, Darkness Hunters, and Phantom Knights/Shadowfolk. Also added a few new images to sections of the OP.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:11:45 AM by Puck-Chan »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
3/30/15: Added videos to watch about Garo. And notes on the Makai Order's view on Humanity, Makai Order's view on Immortality, the Makai Order itself, Senatorial Knights, Makai Armor Time Limit, Dark Knights, Darkness Hunters, and Phantom Knights/Shadowfolk. Also added a few new images to sections of the OP.

Added something new for the Madou Brush: They're magical Swiss Army Knives in a sense. Check their description.

A note on the Makai Order's View of Humanity: Because their role is to protect Humans, they generally take their devotion to it to the point that no one in the Order are allowed to kill any humans or even harm them well it seems like you can punch them like Takeru exhibited lol. Break this rule, and extremely harsh punishments await you. Due this role as the ones who protect, they believe the matters of humanity should not be meddled by them. In other words, they should not mess with the public world at all. At best they can report criminals to public authorities under an anonymous tip. This focus on protecting Humans is a reason why GARO is so revered. The one who holds the title is the epitome of what the Order should stand for, as a protector.

Makai Order's View of Immortality: There seems to be a belief that having children and passing down the traditions of the Order is a form of immortality to them, interestingly enough. So there seems to be some emphasis on securing things for the future generations to come. This is most seen in Garo Honoo No Kokuin: "These feelings we inherit are true eternal life!"

Makai Order: There seems to be two significant governing bodies: The Watchdogs and The Council. The Watchdogs are the regional executives that organize agents of the Order to eliminate Horrors, to direct them in missions, and even perform the Forced Expatriation ritual for the Horrors that the Makai Knights seal away. Above all, they also play the role of a judge of Knights and Priests who have broken laws or committed heinous crimes. The Council seems to be a more direct governing body over the Makai Knights and Makai Priests. It is not clear if they're above the Watchdogs or are of the same power. Though it is clear that the Council makes the executive decisions of sorts.

Senatorial Knights: The most elite and accomplished Knights that the Order has to offer. They answer directly to the Senatorial Watchdogs without the usual Orders Document.

Makai Armor Time Limit: It is possible to go past the time limit for the Makai Armors, 10 posts in this case. Going over that however, means you will reach your Lost Soul Beast form. This is when your Makai Armor goes berserk and takes over your consciousness. While providing an enormous amount of power, you will lack the ability to discern from enemy to ally. Over time, the Armor will consume the wearer's soul. However, this transformation can be undone by hitting the Crest of the armor. Even so, this is a difficult task as this new monstrosity will be extraordinarily dangerous to deal with. Some Lost Soul Beast forms are seen with GARO. Seen from here or from here. Going through the Time Limit is also one of the requirements to become a Dark Knight. See Dark Knights.

Dark Knights: A heretical Knight that have fallen to their Inga. They may have given into Horrors and become ever more stronger because of it. They serve as one of the most dangerous threats to the Makai Order and are looked upon with much revulsion as they have given up their role as the one who protects. Some Dark Knights may have surpassed their Makai Armor Time Limit. Instead of allowing the armor to consume their souls, their very willpower and drive allowed them to rule their very own Inga to their own whims. By doing so would pervert the armor into a twisted form while also eliminating the Makai Armor Time Limit.

I ask that no one make a Dark Knight of their own just yet. But I am willing to allow people to become one through RP later on.

Darkness Hunters: As Nasuverse fans you may be familiar with the Enforcers and the Executors. That's pretty much what they are. They're enforcers that attempt to minimize corruption within the Order. Basically the Inquisition in a sense. So they will hunt down possessed or fallen Priests and Knights as their main duty. It seems that they have an unique ability to sense a person's Inga to discern their nature if they have fallen or not. Within the Order, they're feared and no one respects them. Perhaps because they do not hunt down Horrors, that is why they are treated as pariahs. They are the Order's machines. They generally lack emotions and must stay objective in their cause. As such they lack familiar bonds with anyone and generally are friendless.

Needless to say, Darkness Hunters are capable of martial arts on the Knight level (whether either Priest or Knight) and have an enormous amount of magical capability to fulfill roles as a Priest as well. This is partly why they are feared, they have the strength to back up their roles. Each Hunter works alone and rarely works in groups. You may learn more here. Bikuu is an example of one.

I shall open this up later on. So be patient please.

Phantom Knights/Shadowfolk: Covert group of Makai Knights full of operatives with no identity or title. They may be orphans with no known heritage. These operatives are the Order's black operatives, the ones that operate in the shadows. Knights that are allowed to travel across territories as they lack their own territory as they take on specific difficult missions from the Watchdogs which may need a coordinated group. Phantom Knights do differ from the normal Knights in that they train in a group that stays together even after training is completed. This may foster a sense of solidarity and teamwork that makes them so necessary while forming a whole platoon on their own.

This platoon is headed by their master. While masters can be gone on their own, senior disciples can take up the reins temporarily until further notice. Some of the more trained and skilled members tend to be squad leaders while also being capable of taking solo missions on their own. You may learn more from here.

I shall open this up later on. So be patient please.

Videos to watch

Makai Knight versus Horror: Here.

Makai Knight versus Makai Knight (Practically a Servant battle): Here.

Makai Priestess versus Makai Priest/Knight: Here.

Makai Priestess versus Horror: Here.

Another Good Fight: Here.

And the entirety of Garo Honoo No Kokuin. Then moving on to the original Garo series, Garo Makai Senki, Garo Yami Wo Terasu Mono, and Garo Makai No Hana. You may find some of them here and here.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:54:53 AM by Puck-Chan »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »

Number Ranks: A lot of equipment, stats, and disciplines are on the Number Rank scale. This will show the general level of what your Character is capable of in certain aspects. The numbers will go up from 1 to 30, normally. Of course, it is possible to go over 30 if Makai Armor is used or some form of thaumaturgy is being utilized. These numbers will be divided between 6 Letter Ranks (F to A). Yay, letter ranks like in Nasuverse). Just note that ICly Number Ranks or the Letter Ranks aren't generally mentioned even in canon. So just don't go like saying, "IT'S A B RANK SPELL!" Or some shit like that. But yeah, spells will generally take a number of posts to cast. Also no need to put Letter Ranks in your sheets. It's just to give you a clear scale of where you are.
  • A: 9-10 Takes four posts to cast.
  • B: 7-8 Takes three posts to cast.
  • C: 5-6 Takes two posts to cast.
  • D: 3-4 Takes one post to cast.
  • E: 1-2. Can cast immediately.

Disciplines to do High Speed Aria or some shit like that is not to be available until you reach C rank levels for that specific discipline.

Edit: Changed the scale again.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:29:32 PM by Puck-Chan »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 09:27:12 PM »

Notes On Soul Metal: It is made of material of a Madou Horror Plant seed originating from the Massacring General Horror, Zedom. While having the listed capabilities to become very sharp and feather-light weapons, the opposite can also be the same based on the wielder's willpower and the manipulation of their willpower. It's important to note that Soul Metal would cause women's skin to burn on direct exposure because of the Yin-Yang theory, with Soul Metal being full of Yin to begin with.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 04:23:58 AM »
Yeah I'll probably start the RP once we get like 4 Priests. If we end up getting a Knight before the Priests, we may have to wait until we get 4 Knights then.

So far we have Yolf and Franco occupying the two Priest slots. Two priests left. And 4 Knights left.

More vids.

Another Makai Knight versus Makai Knight Fight: Here.

Chief Phantom Makai Knight versus Horror: Here.

Horror Makai Knight versus Three Titled Makai Knights: Here.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:05:27 AM by Puck-Chan »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 08:12:20 PM »
Maps: When a session starts, I may introduce a dungeon-like system. Like you will see below.

Something very very similar. Except I'll make an "unique" one for you guys and that everything will be blackened out. In this way, you will have to make a decision in which way to go and you have no way of knowing what is ahead. You can still finish the "task" without clearing the whole map. But if you do, you get a reward bonus which I'll introduce later on.

I shall credit Persona New Arcana site for this idea.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:13:34 PM by Puck-Chan »

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 02:41:06 AM »
@Puck: What if a Priest/Alchemist has a Sounding Plate, would that help in "scrying" what's up ahead?

Also, while I'll still wait up tonight (and at the times you put for tomorrow, just in case) on irc, I'll be PMing you some questions regarding Madou Flame. You bring up the anime a bit, but are we going to be playing based off the anime's "physics", or the toku series? B/c the anime actually put in goddamn bloody Touhou danmaku, and some of the early Armored fights almost looked like the Knights were actually flying. :V

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 05:36:43 AM »
@Puck: What if a Priest/Alchemist has a Sounding Plate, would that help in "scrying" what's up ahead?

Also, while I'll still wait up tonight (and at the times you put for tomorrow, just in case) on irc, I'll be PMing you some questions regarding Madou Flame. You bring up the anime a bit, but are we going to be playing based off the anime's "physics", or the toku series? B/c the anime actually put in goddamn bloody Touhou danmaku, and some of the early Armored fights almost looked like the Knights were actually flying. :V

Now that's a good question. And I wish I was thinking about that. I suppose you could do that. But at best, I'll still have to figure something out about how this is gonna work. So back to the drawing board for meh.

Edits to Makai Knight Discipline of Madou Fire.

Madou Fire: The manipulation and harnessing of Madou Fire. Makai Knights are capable of summoning fire or even using a madou lighter for it. These magical flames can be used to light oneself or their own weapon in order to add additional damage to Horrors. Each point in Madou Fire will add "conditional" points into Soul Metal Weapons and Makai Armor since they are used to light them up. A point here will mean an additional and temporary point onto Soul Metal Weapon ranks and Makai Armor Resistance buff stat when using it to light it up. A Makai Knight is capable of making long range wave-motion attacks with their flames. Or even make multiple cuts that hang flames in the air in arcs before launching them as projectiles.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:07:43 AM by Puck-Chan »

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 07:46:02 AM »
http://mamorishimono.tumblr.com/tagged/hagane+no+houkou/page/2

A little something I found while searching for a different GARO topic, and I think everyone familiar w/ the series here would appreciate. This and the next page (being more recent) are interspersed translations of a sidestory novel that also featured setting lore appendices, which are the real treasure.

Clicking on the 'garo' tag will expand the set to about 14 pages; among them are translations from other official sources that relate to scenes or mechanics from the toku series that actually showed up on-screen, but may not have been explicitly explained before.

As an example:
Random GARO Fact: As you know, in Soukoku no Maryu it’s shown that Kakashi’s original form was a wooden machine that young aspirants to Makai Knights use to train. These training tools are called Bokujin. As the young boys get stronger, the Bokujin with which they fight become gradually wrecked. When the kids complete their training, they are suposed to pay a visit to the worn out Bokujin to put on them some item they owned, such as a toy, as a way to express their gratitude. Rei follows this tradition when he puts his trophy from the Sabak on the Bokujin Kouga is standing in front of. This practice was also taken into account for the design of Kakashi’s costume. The young trainees become legit Makai Knights rather soon, but in the process a lot of them forget about the Bokujin that served as a training tool for them. This is reflected in the scene in which Kouga leaves the Blue Mansion after Kakashi proposed an alliance between them, as Kakashi shows signs of being about to cry. Kuromaru notice his sadness and asks about it, but Kakashi denies it with resentment saying, among other things, that “people are cold-hearted.” That was a line director Amemiya thought early while he was writing the script. He really wanted Kakashi (aka Scarecrow) to say it.

Give it a read!

Bonus: http://kiraidesunosekai.tumblr.com/post/77864435041/mamorishimono-kiraidesunosekai
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:05:59 AM by Soldat der Trauer »