Author Topic: Fight for Net Neutrality!  (Read 1411 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Fight for Net Neutrality!
« on: February 07, 2015, 03:06:38 AM »
So yeah, there's this thing in the US happening pretty soon that could fuck up the internet for everybody. There's this thing called Title II that, if passed, could help protect Net Neutrality, which is what keeps the internet from not sucking.

Here's a link thing you can go to to find out more:

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Tumblr also has a thing. Yeah yeah, I know, tumblr, but hey, it's a useful resource! Doesn't matter what site it comes from as long as this shit's useful.

https://www.tumblr.com/everybodyontheinternet

For 'Muricans, if you can call your representatives or write a letter, that'd be great. If you have social anxiety like me though, at least send an email to your representatives. People doing the other stuff should do that too, as it's easy as pie to do so given the sites I've provided. It'll help you through what to say with the call as well, and help you get started with that letter (at least I think so on that last one).

For anyone outside of the States, it doesn't exactly tell you what you should do, but if nothing else, you can still get the word out. It has tools to help you with spreading the word on twitter and the like, and getting the links out so more 'Muricans can do that contacting representatives thing is always good.

So yeah, do things so we don't have sucky internet. Because the internet being free and uncontrolled by corporations with bad track records with this sort of shit is a good thing, right?

Also this. You don't want slower loading times do you? Then do something about it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:09:34 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fight for Net Neutrality!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 03:42:54 AM »
Yeah, this is definitely a very big issue. Like you say, there's a limited amount of stuff that people outside of the US can do (I don't know many Americans outside of this site). It might not be a bad idea to make this an announcement or something, though, if you want.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:46:06 AM »
I'll think about it. Don't know if it would have more visibility there or here though.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:46:45 AM »
I'll think about it. Don't know if it would have more visibility there or here though.

Well, you could make both :P

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 03:57:48 AM »
I sent an email along.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end