Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum  (Read 23261 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »
Mordred

Maybe it was her sheer luck, but the arrow narrowly missed the target, the arrowtip brushing her cheeks and carving a wound in her face.

"!"

Dream or not, pain was vivid enough to put her on edge, as she was in life or death situation once again. Covering her face with her hand instinctually, her aura flared, surrounding her with crackling manifestation of fire element.

"I will kill the bloody wanker! I don't know where you are, but don't expect mercy!"

What was disturbing though was that she could not hear the arrow coming.

(OOC: Armor of the Element's Fury is used as a Contract)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 11:19:15 PM »
Crest

‘Tsk, rooky error.’ He missed, that is really uncommon. Oh well, what is done is done. Now he has to worry about the person he just attacked. Oh, and she definitely was not a servant of the saint, it seemed like she was a half demon if anything if the fire was any distinction.

He hopped off the tree, it was surprisingly tall,  but not a sound being made. When he hit the ground he drew his machete he swung it at the tree.

Rejection of Matter.

The rejection ate though the tree, and it began to fall in the direction of the woman.

And then he quickly went into hiding once again.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:20:17 PM by Knick »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 11:35:11 PM »
A lone figure sitting in a full lotus in before a calm lake, while the quiet sounds of the forest echo around him. An image that might have been ideal if not for two things. One, the figure's attire couldn't be associated with that typical of a holy man of any culture, consisting of a loose fitting grey tunic and black pants. Two, there were four presences arranged around him, none of them with any definable shape or form.

It's nice that we haven't had to fight in a while, but we probably should have expended some energy. It's more than a little boring to sit idle just so we can maintain control over our reserves.

You're the one who let them fill up, so you really have not right to complain. And besides, it's not like we're going to waste the energy.

Adjutor takes a deep breath, stilling himself completely before letting it out. Thusly prepared, he starts preparing Shield Concept after Shield Concept, with the intention of improving his casting time with the Concept through simple repetition in addition to burning off mana until his reserves are at a manageable level.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:37:41 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 01:09:45 AM »
Mordred

A falling tree was not something she could take on head on, so she stepped to the side as quickly as she could. To her annoyance, whoever attacked her seemed to be able to hide his presence somehow.

Then she touched nearest tree standing, setting it on fire with her elemental aura. The fire began to encroach on the other parts of the forest. That seemed to be an insane move, but Mordred enjoyed large degree of protection from the element es long as she kept her elemental 'armor' on.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:01 AM »
Crest

He watched as the woman sidestepped the falling tree and looked for him. He fiddled with his knife, tying some wire to the end of it.

Then she did the last thing Crest expected. She touched a tree with her palm and then she set the forest ablaze.

"You have got to be kidding me" he thought as he began to retreat. Slightly, putting distance between him and the flames. However there was one benefit. He released the rejection of sound; the roar of the fire would drown out any sound he made. He stuffed the knife back into his holder and drew his bow again.

Then he cocked another arrow, and the arrow turned black.

Rejection of Matter!

And the arrow flew at the woman who stood within the blaze, immediately turning around and running, fleeing from the flames. Attempting to lead her to a more fitting terrain.

"15 arrows to go..." He muttered in his run. Drawing his machete and leaving left slash marks in the passing wood wood, leaving a fairly easy trail to track.

It would not be any good to lose his pray after all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:22:36 AM by Knick »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:09 AM »
Noel looked around. She saw she was in a forest; with a small lake in a clearing. The full moon shone overhead, reflecting eerily off the lake, mist lazily drifting from the lake into the forest. A lone man sat meditating at the lake, surrounded by four floating elementals.

Where am I? She reached up, and felt the tiara on her forehead. I don't remember transforming...

She slowly walked towards the man at the lake, closing the gap between them.
“Excuse me, do you know where we are?” she called out timidly.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:05:06 AM by Sakura »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 03:04:58 AM »
"You're here, silly!" A mighty voice roared. A dark imposing silouhette pierced the night like a blade.
Crimson eyes dissimulated by dark sunglasses, he looked up at the lady with utmost curiosity.
"Well, to be more exact..." He uttered before leaping from the branch,
"...you're here in a very special slaughter party."

Having now landed, his posture resembled one of an animal, a wild beast observing wherabouts in search of prey. "There is something that wants us dead... been searching it for a while, but didn't find anything for now. Ya don't seem to be it, so no worries. Altough..."

Now removing his sunglasses, he looked directly into the woman's eyes. "If you want to live here for a bit longer, you should keep your guard up, capiche?" the vampire spoke, before turning to the man in the middle of the lake.

"Do you know each other by any chance?" Costin now inquired.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:07:57 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »
PARIAH

The sentient virus rested in the deeper part of the forest. He really didn't need to. Tiredness didn't exist for him. But with nothing to do but wait for the next being to be dropped here with him resting was a useful way to the pass the time. He was patient.

But then he could hear a voice. An extremely loud one closer to the clearing where the lake was. So PARIAH roused himself, and as he did hundreds of impossibly thin strings of biomass retracted back into him. A warning system wouldn't be necessary anymore.

His pace began and stayed slow and steady as he neared the lake. Then he saw the new arrivals. Two men and one woman. The childlike virus moved behind a tree and poked his head out in the least subtle manner out from behind it. If anyone was looking they would find him, and that was fine. There was no point in chasing your prey if they would simply come to you.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 03:38:48 AM »
Adjutor doesn't move from his position, continuing to create more Shield Concepts for later use while Xarrest handles the task of responding to the individuals querying him. One girl and one hormonal teen, judging by their voices.

Okay, maybe not hormonal so much as just plain over-the-top.

"No, we don't know each other, just like I don't know you," Xarrest says, "You sound like the theatric type, though. Furthermore, if there is something hunting us, would it not be best to attract as little attention to ourselves as possible?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 03:46:00 AM »
Noel shuddered at the man wearing sunglasses, hugging herself to try and stay calm.

“S-something’s hunting us! No way. This can’t be happening. Why are you taking off your glasses?”

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 04:05:33 AM »
Furthermore, if there is something hunting us, would it not be best to attract as little attention to ourselves as possible?"

Costin frowned at the man's reply, visibly displeased at what he just heard, he clicked his tongue in annoyance. "No no no no no, you don't get it. We are the ones who will do the hunting, unless you want to be the one being eaten that is."
Baring his fangs for a second, he looked directly in the man's eyes. "In that case, I will be more than happy to oblige... but I rather not.".

Now looking at the woman, he snapped his fingers. "Well then, I am sure you don't want to be hunted, in that case you should become the hunter instead!", Costin declared.
"As for the glasses... well, it was to reveal myself properly, after all, it would not be appropriate to fight without knowing one another. Know yourself and the enemy and the like..."

Glancing at both strange fellows, he sighed.
"We need to stick together if we want to kill whatever's after our collective asses, so let's get going."

Rising from his initial posture, he lifted is head in order to take a good breath, smelling the air with careful and utmost attention...
"And I got a lead." Declared the heretic, a tint of glee in his voice as he glared at what laid behind the trees, a slight grin formed on his face.

"Hehehe, this will be fun..." Costin murmured.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:09:30 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 04:13:04 AM »
PARIAH

The predator leaned out more and more from behind the tree as he heard one of them men speak.. Then, purposefully, the virus fell over out into plain view and stared at the trio for a few seconds before running back behind the tree with all the grace and speed of a child. The lure was set.

From there it was easy to tint his cheeks with red, simulate the beating of a heart in his chest, and began to breathe a little harder. He wouldn't allow anything to give him away.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 04:21:58 AM »
Adjutor stops at the mention of a hunt, having prepared no less than thirty-six Shield Concepts, and turns around, eyes flashing silver as he releases the seal on them.

"Hmm...Blood magic," Adjutor notes, "And you seem to be rotting a bit."

Then the not-human declares that he's found a lead, right in time for a small child to fall over out into the open.

"A kid. We're hunting a kid," Adjutor looks at the not-human, "Really?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »
"A kid? How could this little boy be hunting us, he's probably just lost."

Squatting slightly and putting her hands on her knees, she said, "Come on out, you don't need to hide from us, we won't hurt you. Do you know where your mommy and daddy went?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
"...strange, a kid shouldn't be here, not in this place." Costin muttered under his breath before holding his arm in front of Noel, blocking her path.

"Please, let me handle this, woman.", the vampire nonchalantly requested before advancing, dull crimson eyes observing attentively the child's every movement.

"The hell..."
He looked like a normal kid alright, but something was off... it was as if his every action was restrained and controlled without any wasted movement, something about him was odd. 

Slowly approaching the child, they were now only a few inches apart, the stench of sewage reeked from the little chap. Amused by the cute display, Andrei kneeled before lightly patting the child on the head.

"Hey, hey, what an odd little fellow we have here... you lost or something?" the vampire asked, doing his best to hide his blood thirst, eyes shut and mouth curled in a wide smile.