Author Topic: shattered heroics defenders  (Read 1411 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
shattered heroics defenders
« on: January 01, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »
(the other half of the revived shattered heroics, tandem voting, as with new world)

Shattered Heroics: Defenders.

Heading home, I reach the gate and find it unlocked. Sakura or Fuji-nee must be here.

However, what I find is not just Fuji nee or Sakura but, instead, a large group occupying my living room. Most of them I know, Rin Tohsaka, Sakura Matou, Ayako Mitsuzuri and Ilyaviel von Einzbern among them.

But, there are five I don't know. The first is an elderly man dressed in a pin-striped suit. The second is a dark-skinned woman, seemingly oblivious of anyone else in the room. The third is a young woman with pink hair and reddish brown eyes who looks sort-of like Ilya, except older. The fourth looks like Saber did, save that her figure is significantly more developed, and... her taste in clothing is solidly current and a deep red, unlike Arturia's blue. And, the fifth is a blonde man with green eyes. His smile seems ceaseless as he stands up and begins to speak.

"Hiya, I'm Satoshi, time is short, world's in danger, heroes are needed. The short version is this, an alternate universe me, because that's a thing now according to quantum physics, many worlds and all that. This other me teamed up with Gilgamesh when despair over took him, he became a tyrant ala Victor von Doom in a bid to save the world. He plans on going world-to-world and 'saving' worlds through conquest. He means well, but he's stuck, and the only way to stop him is a swift ass-kicking. Any questions?" he says, looking around.

Rin is the first to speak up and, seemingly, the only one worried.

"If he has an army, what exactly do you expect us to do?" she asks.

Satoshi laughs. "Very you Rin. That's... very you.

He's using a bonding spell to increase his army's power. The same spell can be used on you guys, although it won't be as effective as his version, so I'd recommend choosing compatible partners and smaller groups to make up the difference", he replied, handing her an envelope before turning to me and handing me another one.

"I'm going to use the third to revive the servants of the Wars, you need to find the additional servants of the Moon Cell as well as Arcuied Brunstund, Tohno Shiki and this world's version of me, all the details are in this letter. After me and these guys finish our part you won't see us again, but good luck", he says.

I'm confused and apprehensive, not to mention doubtful. But, honestly, if I can see Saber again then that, beyond anything else, is enough to believe in, at least for the moment. I nod, taking the letter.

With his job here done he and his... friends, I guess, leave. A moment of silence occurs and I wonder what to do.

Vote number one.

1) Open the letter.
2) Call a meeting.
3) Go after Satoshi.
4) Check on Ilya, last you remember she was sick.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: shattered heroics defenders
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »
Option 3, chase after Toshi. We need more detail about what is going on, and the other things can be done any time.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:09:09 AM »
Choice three wins, vote closed

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »
Choice three:

I run after Satoshi.

"What do you mean by other self? Why can't you stay to help us? I need more information", I say.

Satoshi laughs. "Shirou Emiya is a hero of justice, a man who loves and is loved by all his friends. You don't need more information than that. But, I'll say this, this world's me is likely stuck in a little model shop called Sanada's. If not, then check a restaurant or café.

I have to go because I'm not of this world group, I just thought I should stop something bad. After all, as well intentioned as he is, this conqueror me is making war to achieve a fascist peace", he replies with a wave and, in an instant, he and his friends are gone in a burst of light.

I tear open the letter carefully as I head inside. Reading the letter carefully, I find myself smiling.

"To my dearest friend and beloved father, Shirou Emiya.

I am but one possible future child of yours, I've met others in my travels but that's neither here nor there. I write this to you so that you understand the coming storm, I was raised in a world of light and hope, evil was mostly stragglers and over-confident magi and a handful of weak monsters left from a great push from my extended family.

I never worried for anything, but when I left on a journey I found that other worlds were less accepting, or were ready to believe compromise was preferable to maintaining hope. The me writing to you now defeated that cynicism with the help of those I love, but the me you shall face (they call him the Sun Lord, ugh) fell into despair over the truths of these worlds and is desperate to save them.

I do not ask that you show mercy, but I hope you do not hate him. As for the spell, it's a bonding spell, unlike the one used by the Sun Lord it does not generate effects, it merely advances and shares abilities and strength based on the bond between participants. Basically friendship equals power, love too. So, go eclipse the Sun Lord with the power of friendship!

Best of luck, Satoshi Emiya.

Post script, this world's me isn't as on-target as me, um, he might get a bit silly, sorry.

Post post script. Gilgamesh will be brought back, so, that's going to be a thing. Again sorry, just how the spell works", it read.

Gilgamesh aside, I get the feeling that my son is not hampered by social expectations. That makes me happy, at least.

Arriving in the living room, I find Rin and the others having some kind of panicked conversation over the letter Rin was given.

1) Ask to see the letter.

2) Ask what's going on.

3) Make lunch.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:22 AM »
2) Ask what's going on

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:10:47 AM »
Vote closed, two is the winner. Update soon.