Author Topic: Fanfic ideas thread  (Read 14299 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfic ideas thread
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »
The rider idea is easy, zouken threatens shirou with harm if Sakura doesn't fight in the war, else wise  he could tell her to use the grail to resurrect Shinji

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »
The rider idea is easy, zouken threatens shirou with harm if Sakura doesn't fight in the war, else wise  he could tell her to use the grail to resurrect Shinji

Well, the question is why he wouldn't have done that to begin with. Not to mention that he can't harm Shirou. Using Shinji's death somehow makes sense, though, although he'd likely use it as a way to activate her.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
then have her activated and take the recovery route for the story.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
then have her activated and take the recovery route for the story.

Yeah, that's the general intention, but I would obviously like it not to just follow the same path as HF, or else it would be pointless.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »
Then just write the events using actual logic and it won't turn out like that

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
Then just write the events using actual logic and it won't turn out like that

Well, the problem is that it has to result in an interesting story. Zouken dying after five seconds doesn't, really.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 06:15:09 PM »
why?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
Well, because there's no conflict there and, thus, no story.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 06:39:38 PM »
if zouken is the only conflict you have then you have a big problem.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
if zouken is the only conflict you have then you have a big problem.

Well, perhaps, but he is at least one source of conflict.

Willy Vereb

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
Well, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to resurrect this.
And since I'm at the topic, I would ask:

What do you think about a fanfic where Sakura and Rin exchange places?

So Sakura would inherit the Tohsaka magic and live alone.
While Rin would be under the Matou house's "care".

How would their personalities change?
What would be the difference compared to the original events of FSN?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 09:17:17 PM »
Well, it's definitely an interesting idea, although I'm not sure it would actually change all that much. I suspect that a Tohsaka Sakura would act much as her sister did, and the same for a Matou Rin. The situations they're both in in canon are extreme enough that their natural personality differences (which aren't that great to begin with) would pretty much get washed out.

Having said that, their reaction when the situation unfolds might well be different. Rin, for example, might well be more resistant to Zouken initially, and would probably then break hard later on, and thus by the time of FSN would probably be less able to resist him, even passively. As a result, I expect she would end up fighting in the war. Sakura, conversely, seems a bit more prone to blaming herself for things than Rin and a little bit "softer", so she might reach out to her sister a bit more, or at least show less willingness to fight her. However, Sakura also has a lot of determination and mental strength, which could mean she would stick to her goal more.

It's difficult to say how they would change, though, because their personalities in canon are so heavily affected by their childhoods. I suspect a Matou Rin would resemble Matou Sakura more than Tohsaka Rin, though, and the same would apply in reverse for Sakura. Their natures were heavily influenced by their upbringings, and HA demonstrates that Sakura ends up becoming much more Rin-like once Zouken is out of the picture.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:19:30 PM by Cherry Lover »

Willy Vereb

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
Yeah, that's more or less how I thought about it a few years ago.

But is that true?
Sure, being put through the ordeals of the Matou household means considerable changes. That's the whole point of the role reversal.
But would it be just a complete switch?

Would Rin become like Sakura while Sakura just develop Rin's mannerisms?
While I can see this happening if we explain it in very broad strokes. When we look into it there would be lots of tiny differences that overall mean a substantial change in personality.
And this can be further diverged by some "artistic license".
There are many unknown sources of stimuli so the author has some room for different interpretations for both.
And then the "butterfly effect", as in random things that actually occurred differently in the new timeline.
With enough writing skill the possibilities are almost limitless.

And for this reason I don't know what else to say.
I can detail how I imagine Matou Rin and Tohsaka Sakura but that'd be just one of the many possible interpretations.
Oh well, I might get to that later.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »
Well, it's not going to be literally just a "complete switch", no. But, at the same time, it's difficult to work out exactly what the difference would be. Sakura in particular is a very different person as a result of her upbringing.

I did say that there would be differences, though, and I outlined some of what I thought they might be. Honestly Rin is probably easier to see than Sakura, because Rin's natural personality comes out more. I see her as more likely to fight Zouken initially, but she would then break hard after a while. Most likely she would be much more obedient in spirit than Sakura is. Sakura does what Zouken tells her to do in general because she knows not doing so is generally a spectacularly bad idea, but when it matters enough to her she has the capacity to disobey him. I'm not sure a Matou Rin would retain the same capacity, and as a result she would likely end up fighting in the Grail War even despite her likely feelings for Shirou.

Tyrnek

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 05:53:37 AM »
Different elemental affinities, so you'd probably see less fireblasts and more weird dimensional shit from TohSakura.

MakiRin... yeah, she'd fall later but harder. Assuming that some things stay the same, though, she'd project some kind of image to hide how broken she is on the inside, which might manifest itself as delinquent behavior a la Mitsuko Souma. That might actually lead to an interesting school situation, where super-nice school idol Sakura and bitch queen Rin constantly butt heads.

Oh god. Evil dominatrix Rin sounds really fucking scary. She'd definitely be the type to set BFA on the school if she gets Rider... but a better match for this interpretation of Rin may actually be Medea. Which is, arguably, even worse.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:58:16 AM by Tyrnek »