Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 210584 times)

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #20910 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka suddenly perked her head up at his last comment.  "So then you are new here?" she asked, her eye growing wide with surprise.

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20911 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
Marcus

Marcus scoffed, the tension in his body visibly deflating.  He sat back in his seat, a satisfied smirk coming over his face.  "Then I don't need to listen to you," he said, spinning around in his chair. That man could whine all day about his relationship with the fickle mob, but that had nothing to do with him.  He was a person, not a people and would behave as an individual.  Maybe it was he who had to prove himself to this man.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:37:47 PM by yinsukin »

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20912 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:57 PM »
Joe

Joe gave her a nervous smile, scratching his cheek as he said, "Well would you believe me if I said i'm really nervous?  I was talking tough before but i've honestly never done anything this big.  Plus, I think I was sort of talking too much..."

The last time he got one over on the superwoman was because of a boob grab.  This time, he was facing her a second time.  I will earn those boobs! he thought, hoping to whatever god watched over the nexus that neither of them could read minds.  I will earn all the boobs.

And so, with that thought in mind, he strode confidently towards the center of the court, ready to face his destiny.

Sakura Matou

"Haha. well, we're going to try." Sakura had absolutely no confidence that this group could win. Jeanne was just too overwhelming. She wanted to let Joe have his fun though, and was going along with it. "Everyone, we need to beat her! It's all of us versus her! Use any way you can!"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Thedoctor

« Reply #20913 on: January 12, 2018, 11:30:15 PM »
Shinobu

Naps always felt so refreshing. The golden haired vampire was stretching on the couch as she was waking up from her slumber. It looked like her minion was still out again. That girl never took a break did she? She'd have to teach her not to shirk her duties so mcuh, after all how was she supposed to get her precious treats if Medaka always kept running about. With that in mind the vampire made her way out.

"Are you lost little girl?"

The blond had spotted a green haired woman while out searching for her minion. This woman for lack of better words stood out massively against the crowd of normal people, not because she looked differently, although even that was pretty distinct, but mostly because of how she was acting.

Shinobu herself stood out too and the usual crowd of citizens who were minding their own lives seemingly parted before her, it was like they instictualy knew to keep away from this girl if they valued their own normalcy.

"You have the look of someone who is." She smiled invitingly, as invintignly as seeing a pair of fangs glimmering in the light would be.

Aiden

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20914 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:17 AM »
Valerie von Vincke

"And yet, I suspect I would be rather unwelcome should I begin to create the necessary materials myself locally." The vampire released a put-upon sigh, as if such a thing was a great burden she now labored under. Because of course, it was; the living were far too puritanical about life ending. "At least I can hope current company is not hypocritical in that regard."

The dragon comment secretly made Valerie very interested, of course, and she turned her attention back to the greatly impressive Grigori.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20915 on: January 13, 2018, 01:22:02 AM »
Sigurd

"Yes..." Sigurd said, his voice trailing off as he turned around to face the massive pile of bacon and eggs.

The smell was intoxicating and the oils still present on the food gave it this gleaming, almost otherworldly quality.  Drool began to trickle down his lips as the scents of addictive fats bathed in his nose.  A near silent step accompanied his approach, as if this was pray that needed to be stalked.  It was as though he expected the food to suddenly sprout wings and fly away.  Dirty hands sunk into the pile of eggs and bacon, the food parting as his dirty fingers disrupted the pile.

There was something uncomfortable about how the food felt against his skin.  It reminded him of something comfortable, something he used to have.  Yes, that is why he stayed away from anything resembling luxury.  It was a reminder of the things that he had just lost.  As he stuffed his mouth with bacon, tears began to stream down his cheeks.  He remembered the smiles that accompanied each meal, the disgruntled frowns that came with the rising sun.  He remembered how once those fats sunk into their taste buds, those tired frowns weakened, just a little bit.

The former hero king turned his head, the tears of the past gleaming in the light of the future.  "Thank you," he said, his voice cracking a bit.  He wiped those tears from his eyes and continued.  "You are a kind soul.  What is your name?"

Fran

Fran recoiled a bit from the overblown display. The young girl was just a bit freaked out by his overreaction. She'd just given him bacon, why was he freaking out like this. She knew bacon was amazing and the food of the gods, but this was ridiculous. "F-fran..." She said quietly, taking a step back.

Aiden

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20916 on: January 13, 2018, 01:24:28 AM »
Sage

She did not realize someone was approaching until they spoke up. That wasn't too strange on the face of things in such a big distracting crowd like this. What was strange is that once Sage turned around to face the speaker, she still couldn't feel anything from them! The young (?) human (?) with blonde hair made the other humans react like a predator was nearby. Unlike this druid, she did not try to hide how dangerous she was from the world around her.

"Ah?" She put her arms behind her back, exposing her bare armpits and pushing out her chest a bit as if to puff herself up and look more dangerous. "I guess you could say I got a little lost on my way here."

Not that Sage had any idea why the female was coming off as trouble. She smiled back nervously. "I have never been to a city before."

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20917 on: January 13, 2018, 01:35:44 AM »
Grigori

She waved her hand at the praise. "It was merely a whelp. If it was any dragon worth speaking of I would need far more preparation. Still, Lady Valerie, there are ways to go about such things with a more subtle hand. Fatalities occur in this city rather often, and the wilderness is a rather plentiful source of materials as well."
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20918 on: January 13, 2018, 02:39:15 AM »
Sakura and Shirou

Neither Sakura nor Shirou fully understood what the girl was talking about but, nevertheless, they understood enough to realise what her plan was. And, whilst they didn't know whether it would work, they saw no real reason not to attempt it. Even if the spirits were detected, they likely couldn't be traced back to them.

"Yes, that would be fine", Shirou said with a smile. "What do you think, Sakura?"

"Yes, it seems like a good plan to me", she replied.

"Although, if she does detect the spirits, is there any way she could trace them back to you? If there is then it could be dangerous, otherwise the worst that can happen is the spirits get blown up", she added.

"Yes, I agree", Shirou replied. "If she can trace them then we need to consider it carefully, if not then I don't see any issue as long as you're fine with the possibility of her destroying the birds."

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20919 on: January 13, 2018, 04:56:51 AM »
Sigurd

The old man smiled at the girl and said,  "And mine is Sigurd.  I apologize, but there is a reason why I stay away from civilized life.  The memories are still so strong and still so dear to me."

He walked around the pile of bacon, re positioning himself so that he could continue to eat the bacon and still maintain eye contact with the girl while they talked.  He sat down on his knees, a gesture of respect to authority.  The old man began consuming the meat, keeping his lips shut to avoid startling the girl any more than he already had.  There was one thing he wanted to ask her, but he avoided speaking, instead silently consuming the eggs and bacon instead.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20920 on: January 13, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »
Julius

"Do as you wish. I will only point out that if your actions collide with my convinctions, I am not going to stay idle." If he broke the peace here as he bragged, then he would undertake necessary actions. He did not seem to be armed, and Julius' trenchcoat was a metaphorical bag of holding which included many tools in case he was armed after all.

Hence, he was semi-confident that he took on him unless he hid some trick he couldn't expect and sense with his talent for uncovering the unnatural. Honestly, taking on true monsters in a way was quite easier if one took into account they quite a lot of weaknesses that could be uncovered and exploited to gain upper hand. And with God's blessing, he gained more prowess when facing such horrors.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20921 on: January 13, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »

Anastasia

Much to her dismay, the wizard discovered that she couldn't afford everything she needed for the most comprehensible version of tests she wanted to undertake. She had run out of cash by the time she bought everything required to test affinity for various elemental magics that were known to her world. But at very least, she might be able to confirm or rule out Medaka's affinity for that branch of sorcery. They could test for other types later or she could just borrow money from someone. She didn't like the second idea as someone who liked to be self-sufficient to a degree.

Either way, it would take some time to get back to her place where Medaka was supposed to still be.
Anastasia had her eyes metaphorically open for any distractions that could have awaited her on her way back.

Link

• Spiritron
  • I don't even know arithmetic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20922 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:47 PM »

Rikuyo

The force of the blow would have been pretty devastating if not for the fact she could also regenerate. "Kuh, it's not like me either, getting trashed around like that!" She exclaimed in frustration at her mistake. Thankfully, the attack propelled her enough to put some distance between them.

Her tactic of switching to her more powerful but slower form when she was in Bey's range paid off only partly after all. She was able to deliver rather powerful attack, but her opponent managed to exploit Rikuyo's speed and reactions slowing down and countered too fast for her. She had no choice but too count on her regeneration again. She at least learned one thing: her foe was too fast for her trick to work. She had no choice but to whittle down him first. Maintain her speed and circle her like a wolf or shark and snipe at him from range. After all she could use her energy attacks. She couldn't afford to charge up, so she would just attack in small, quick bursts, hopping quickly from a tree to a rock and other obstacles and so on to hopefully not get caught again.
Bey

"Eh? Tired already? Kahahhaa!" Bey did not stop his assault the moment the punch connected; as soon as she was propelled backwards, he followed. The force behind his strike was enough that it propelled her backwards, but he was sure he'd get closer to her. "Playing defensive is only going to get you killed. You see, I don't like letting my prey get away." His speeches does not stop his movements, and it was much akin to a dog barking and chasing something smaller than it for the sole sake of toying with it. If anything was launched at him from the distance, he'd take it and seek to deliver his own set of multiple punches in the blink of an eye.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:13:15 PM by Link »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20923 on: January 13, 2018, 05:28:43 PM »
Anastasia

And as she kept her eyes open to distractions, something has caught her senses. Something akin to fount of magical energy in that direction. Interesting. It's location fluctuated a bit, but it wasn't a completely unknown for a stationary leyline or source of magic to feel like that. This one source of magic was very condensed which meant one thing: the magic could have condensed into something portable and easy to exploit, like one of exceedingly rare crystallizations of mana. Naturally, it was her patriotic duty to seize one of these before any irresponsible person found them.

"It's not like Medaka will blow up anything if I take a little detour." Hopefully.

When she arrived at the location where approximately the source of magic was, she found two weirdly dressed people (for modern people standards, not hers. As far as she was concerned, she didn't find it any strange). Well, a stranger and Oka. Maybe. Or her slightly older relative. One of them must have gotten their hands on the crystallized magic, she could bet that. So again, it was her patriotic duty to ensure that those weren't in irresponsible hands.

So the girl in jeans and white sleeveless shirt approached the eccentrically dressed duo and made her own assumption. "Hello, I'm one of Oka's acquaintances. Have you came to visit?" She greeted the purple haired woman, completely buying into her own flawless logic.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20924 on: January 13, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
Olga Marie

Olga nodded. That made sense, but she was a bit disappointed. She’d hoped her teacher was able to take out such a monster without prep. Maybe she was just being modest. “Yes, subtlety is key.”