Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 202905 times)

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #20175 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:10 AM »
Lizzie

"And do you use this for other acts, such as raising the dead against their will and forcing them to march on for whims?" Lizzie kept moving until she was right in Grigori's face
 Even if the fact she as half a head shorter lessened her threatening stance.

"I wouldn't like killing you Grigori. But don't be mistaken, that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it if I had to." She frowned yet stayed determined to see this through, to test the resolve of the other girl.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:16:00 AM by Bern »

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: December 05, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »
Grigori

She let out a derisive snort. "I enslave nothing. Do you know how troublesome it would be to cast such magic? The enemies I would make by binding a soul to a carcass just to puppet it about? At worst I make use of empty bones and skin. And even then, my experiments are voluntary."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:25:59 PM by Umbra of Chaos »
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

yinsukin

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
Relius Clover

The scientist continued to search through the cervices of the soul, going over each detail of the soul with painstaking detail.  He took peices from her memories, extrapolating on them, her anguish coming together like pieces of a puzzle.  Perhaps the most interesting facet of her soul was the sheer strength of it, the ability to avoid the gradual erosion of time.

It appears my hypothesis was wrong.  The power did not corrupt her soul.  Instead, it simply formed a few cracks....

There are times in everyone's life where dark thoughts take over, overwhelm the mind.  Everyone has their own way of enduring them.  For some they repress those thoughts, seeking to avoid their problems and distract their minds.  Others argue with themselves, using a cold logical edge to combat the burning nature of negative thought.  In her case, he would bring those memories to the surface, make those thoughts overwhelming.  By the end of this he would find his answer.

What is the true nature of your soul?

yinsukin

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: December 05, 2017, 10:06:22 PM »
Medaka

It seemed like her answers were only infuriating the girl.  Perhaps a more comprehensive explanation would satisfy her.  "I once asked a man to revive someone I hold dear in exchange for part of my soul.  He took the soul, but never revived my friend.  However, when I went to look for him, he seemed like a different person, someone far stronger, with a cold warrior spirit.  The reason for my half vampire state is because he is keeping my soul."

Joe

Joe felt his face swell with blood.  Shoot, im way too antsy, he thought to himself, trying to keep himself in check.  Wait.. its Jeanne's turn!  Maybe if I divide my attention, it will keep me from doing anything stupid again.

"Don't worry, I don't mind," he said, using the opportunity to lean to the other side to help Jeanne.  It was probably best to treat her like someone who never played video games.  "So just press this button right here."  He pointed at the A button on the controller.  Once he was done, he glanced back at the screen.

I know its just the start, but there is something wrong about the newbie already getting ahead of me on the first turn.

Once they got the game going, maybe he could start chatting over the game.  They didn't seem all too interested in it for whatever reason.

Marcus

The more he looked at the maid girl, the sweeter the sound of those sirens sounded.  The thought of dealing with cops was much less complicated than whatever was going on here, unless they had some hot sadistic cop with super powers.

Oh jeeze, I am REALLY happy I got off the ground.  If she went all nuts like that on me when I was on the pinned, i'd be screwed, he thought as a pink aura flared up around his body, granting his body her superior strength, speed and durability.  He took a casual side step backwards, swiping the arm to the side with a frown.

"You know, I think the scariest thing about this whole thing is that i'm enjoying this."  Indeed, he could still feel the stiffness down below.  Hopefully it would go away as things heat up.  "Oh and don't bother trying to fight me if you don't want to tangle with the cops.  I have all of your powers."

Megan/Sera (soft retcon)

Sera moved to call a security guard, moving out of the store.  If she had stayed, she might have been killed, or worse, lost all the people closest to her.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:05:05 AM by yinsukin »

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:08 PM »
Molly

Pink...

The maid's eyes got stars in them as she let herself be pulled along with his swipe completely and ended up pushing her exposed breasts against his nice muscular chest.

Dealing with the police did bother her but not in the sense he was clearly thinking. all they'd amount to was ruining the mood completely and she wouldn't have that, no not all.

She looked up at him, amused that he was still trying to act so though but otherwise she didn't appear threatening anymore. "Or how about you save me from the cops and then I'll reward you~"

yinsukin

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20180 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:04 AM »
Marcus

The movement was met with surprisingly little resistance.  In fact, she managed to move her body to press against his own, her breasts rubbing up against his chest.  Shit that felt good.. he thought, his bulge twitching with approval.

He lowered his eyes at her, taking a step back just to be safe.  "Uh huh," he said, his voice seeming to evaporate into a dry groan.  "I may be impulsive and horny, but im not dumb.  Didn't you just try to choke me?"

The suiren's were getting really close now.  He would have to make a decision.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:24 AM »
Rider

Rider continued to moan as even more vines wrapped around her breasts, squeezing them roughly as the other two girls talked. She could tell that the blonde girl was proud of her creation and, judging by the way her nipples were poking out of the cloth, pretty aroused, too.

Now that they were in this world, there was nothing stopping the two girls from having their wicked way with her. The thought of them dominating her, using her, hurting her was such a turn-on. Her panties were absolutely drenched with her juice.

"Y..yes, please, Emily", she said in response to the blonde's statement, desperately wanting more. "Show me what you can do with these tendrils."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: December 06, 2017, 02:54:02 AM »
Anastasia

"That's what you get for trafficking with such fiends. They will take a price, but bend their word to the point that that you regret making a deal. I cannot sense any demonic corruption on you, so maybe you should count yourself lucky. The danger is not gone, so don't be surprised if I will have to turn on you if any symptoms happen." There were many people foolish or evil enough to make pacts with demons, and Medaka belonged to the first type. It was an abnormality from the wizard's viewpoint though that she couldn't detect anything suspicious about it.

"For now I'll give you some benefit of doubt. Though I have a question. Assuming you get your soul back and it's not damaged in any way, do you know a difference between being a half vampire and a full vampire? Just my personal curiosity."

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:18 AM »
Molly

Geeze I'm throwing myself at him...

"That little thing? I was just checking your reflexes...." She rewarded him with a smile as gentle as the rays of the morning sun.

"...They were decent enough." Molly took a step forward to match his retreat. He really should feel lucky after ruining her top like that... But the pink aura did intrigue her and most importantly... It was pink. That was a good enough of a reason on it's own.

yinsukin

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20184 on: December 06, 2017, 04:12:46 AM »
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka simply stared at the girl's lecture.  She had heard this from everyone that she told the story too.  While she did think about the implications, she decided a while ago that helping people was something she did for herself and for now, that included trusting people as well.

"A full vampire is more sensitive to light and has more powerful regenerative abilities." she asked, staring at the girl.  She paused, as if she was unsure if she should ask the question.  "Is it my vamperic nature that fascinates you, or that man?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22:57 AM »
Anastasia

Focus on the more important matter or fall to a distraction?

"Honestly, your nature is an unknown to me while demons are something fairly known. I should not distract myself too much, but if you may, go on. I definitely heard some stories about your kind avoiding the sunlight, but regenerative abilities is something new. Huh, if they took your soul and you're just half vampire, so the seat of your power also lies in your body? Considering you know about your full potential, I assume you were born like this, right?"

Anastasia proceeded to make her own conclusions. She wasn't trained to be a scholar, but a soldier had to know a potential opponent. Even with a truce, she planned to learn enough in case she was forced to make a move.

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: December 06, 2017, 04:35:17 AM »
Engetsu

The tension was almost palpable, a clear hostility that could shake the world off its foundations. A warrior's nerve was not such a fragile thing, but once it was struck the results could be quite destructive. But that didn't really matter. All of the ruckus did however manage to wake the sword up from its nap, to which it replied with a lazy yawn.

"Oh my. Did something happen?" He said tiredly, most likely only half awake.

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20187 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »
Vanguard

"Indeed. But before we get to any paperwork, let me answer. The tournament will consist of a gauntlet of battles consisting of different environments and rules. Thanks to our magic, we can change the arena into taking different forms. Say, a dark jungle at night, or a pit of dangerous snakes. The rules can also vary, such as do not touch the ground, or reach a certain goal before your foe, etc..."

The warrior smiled mysteriously, as if recalling a fond memory. There was once a tournament of the sorts, though this was nothing but a trifle in compare. This was, after all, a ceremony for that purpose. He was walking around them, his steps being the only rhythm to accompany his words.

"Small things like that, though of course, that was only a hypothetical scenario. The areas and matches will be picked over a lottery as to not grant some fighters unfair advantages, though some fixing may be required in order to make sure fights remain fair. Nothing of underhanded nature I can assure you, but we do also need to make sure fights last long enough to offer a proper show."

He finally reached a statue of a hero, an armor of stone wielding a mighty halberd, striking down an invisible foe.

"I'm afraid I cannot divulge any further on the nature of the matches, in fact I might have spoken too much already. Still, I hope that answered your questions. It is nice to meet fellow warriors on the field." He looked sad for a second, or perhaps nostalgic. Either way he smiled as kindly as he could. His age showed in that expression alone. "Is there anything else I can confirm for you?"

Auspicious Breeze

"Ohh, that sounds almost as weird as the time they made me fight that guy who bled live scorpions!" Breeze bounced a bit in excitement at the thought of it, then frowned. "Good thing I only hit him with my fists... erm, anyway. You can sign me right up for that!"

It was something to take her mind off of things. It might even attract people who knew more about how to get back home, if not among the fighters then with the crowds! Sorcerers loved watching people kill each other for sport, right? Not that Breeze wanted to kill anyone even if she had plenty of times, but um, right it still worked out!

Oka Kurosawa

Oka shook her head. Everything he'd said made sense and excited her. The tall girl was almost quivering in excitement. She could barely wait! But wait! She did have one question! "Pokem-Familars.. are acceptable too, right?" The girl needed to make sure. She obviously wouldn't be able to fight on her own. She hated how she had to use different names for her friends. It made her feel almost dirty.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:12:41 PM by Sinib »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: December 06, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
Set

For a moment Set took the time to think upon her situation. Far above the city, she oversaw the land from above. She floated about, idly playing with the mundane cuffs on her arm and leg. Things were so chaotic here, barely managing to hold onto the semblance of normality. It was...

Infuriating.

Impossible. She couldn't understand it. What were the chances that this phenomena could place things in such a way that something mundane could form? Why do great beasts not appear within buildings and streets, why hasn't the land been crushed under a thousand different geometries? There was a guiding hand here, a force that kept this shallow world from devolving into madness. But who?

Any spell would have frayed upon her entrance. No ritual upheld this, not that she could sense. Then perhaps a divinity? But she could not sense such a thing anywhere. If the totality of this world held naught but this one city then its places of worship would be located here. Yet the stench of the gods was nowhere. Their miracles and overwhelming might were nonexistent. Then... whose game was this?

The rules had been so simple before, the targets made obvious. Now everything changed. But the answer, the answer had to be the same. Freedom for those who had never known it. Liberation for those that had been slaves.

She blinked. And laughed, laughed so hard that that she nearly started to cry. "Ah... I'll just break it all."

From her position in the sky she carefully oversaw the Nexus. There was so much here, she couldn't possibly do it herself. So for now she could wait, enjoy herself, but there would be an opening soon. She could feel it. Humming a small tune, she descended back to the earth.

francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: December 07, 2017, 02:51:54 AM »
Lizzie

That voice... could it be?

"Oh, Engetsu. Did you sleep well?..." Her voice which at first sounded excited and cheerful quickly turned more strained as she continued. "... I was talking to this mage to see if she was a despicable necromancer or not. And it appears I was right." She'd turned her attention back to Grigori.

"It doesn't matter if you're binding their souls or not. Merely making their bodies move once more is a disgrace of the highest order!"

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:52:56 AM by Bern »