Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 210151 times)

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #19665 on: November 05, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
Vanguard

A booming explosion resonated like a hammer of steel, an eruption of force that mortal men only dream about. But this time, something was different. Something did not go as he expected. The explosion of kinetic power did not come from him, rather, his head was subjected to the entirety of the ultimate blow, torn asunder in a dozen pieces by the unimaginable force.

Her trump card had succeeded, destroying his skull and thoroughly decapitating the warrior of steel. His vice grip softened and released her throat as what little life remained in his vessel faded, if one could consider it life in the first place. He crashed unceremoniously through the floor and fell below, almost shattering the next one under the weight of the impact and causing a cloud of dust to rise.

For a second, his soul and aura faded, almost like he was truly dead. For far too long, there was not a single shift within the smoke. It was only logical. No creature should be able to survive without a head, conventionally speaking this was nothing short of a fatal blow.

And that is why it failed. Because the man who named himself Vanguard did not follow conventional logic. He distinguished himself from the masses by being a man who lived and died performing the impossible, and the fact he stood right now was a testament to that.

Interesting...

Despite everything above his shoulders being gone, he looked up, as if staring above at her. His words rang through the entire construction site, reverberating like a calm and icy lake. They were absurd, ludicrous. Terrifying.

"Are you done?"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:21:02 PM by francobull3 »

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: November 05, 2017, 10:56:28 PM »
Rider

Rider continued to watch the show, feeling a little jealous but also aroused as Emily and the Saber lookalike groped each other's rear. Soon after, though, the red-haired girl seemed to notice her and, seemingly happy to see her, called out before sending a vine towards the servant.

If she wanted, Rider could have easily avoided the vine, but she chose not to, her panties dampening slightly as the girl she had been on a date with the previous night ordered the vine to wrap around her waist and lift her up, before pulling her over towards the pair of nude girls, the vine pushing up on her breasts and almost forcing them out of her dress.

As she was placed in front of the girl, she looked at her questioningly, wondering what was going on.

"Not that I mind the show, but what are you up to?" she asked, before turning to the blonde.

"Hello", she said. "I'm Rider. Who might you be?"

Sakura

Sakura winced and let out a small yelp as the girl gave her a hard flick, almost knocking her off her feet.

"What did you do that for? That hurt!" she said, obviously a little annoyed at the casual violence.

Meanwhile, the man who had purchased their meal returned, asking who the man she was healing was.

"He came in here with a hole in his hand and collapsed, so I stopped the bleeding", she said. "It needs to be cleaned out, though, so it won't get infected when I heal it properly."

Then, she turned to the man lying on the floor with a smile.

"Thank you", she said, glad that he was standing up for her.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:04:46 PM by Cherry Lover »

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19667 on: November 05, 2017, 11:45:58 PM »
Lucy

Well, looks like she wasn't getting that chance. That Hazel girl and Lorry left, then Neptune, and now she and Noire were chasing after her. "You might be getting a bit aggressive about this, Noire."
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

Thedoctor

« Reply #19668 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:01 AM »
Neptune

Contrary to their expectations Neptune hadn't transformed nor was she falling. She had merely jumped to the next building over which happened to be a level shorter than the first one.

She turned around with a sigh, caught red handed as she was. "If you wanted to read the magazine so much you should have said something Nowa!" She moved back to them and pulled it out again. "Here. I didn't get to show thi to ya last time Lucy since you were out cold and stuff." She flipped the pages infront of Lucy, the pages displaying various shots of Neptune in swim suits.

Thedoctor

« Reply #19669 on: November 06, 2017, 10:16:21 AM »
Lizzie

"Demons.... when they aren't busy killing your neighbours they dress up as clowns and try to pawn you off your soul." Her response was genuine or was it? The seemingly experienced warrior took a sip of her tea in between responding. "Truthfully they come in just as many shapes as humans, some even make humans look like depraved pieces of garbage disposal. This tea is really well put together, I can see that you take good care of your guests."

The change in subject come out of nowhere. Neither her expression nor her tone changed as the topic did. No it went beyond that, an unnatural calm had taken hold of her. Or perhaps it had always been and the surface layer had only now been peeled away. It spoke volumes of the self control that only a long life of constant struggle could bring.

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: November 06, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »
Orianna

That seemed wise. So Oriana opened up her dress and pulled at her midsection. It popped open like a panel and then she just grabbed the regenerating girl and shoved her into her stomach compartment. It was a tight fit but that just meant she had to mash the girl up a bit. Then Orianna sealed it and turned to follow her master.

"Your cooperation is appreciated."
hamara
was the best antag

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: November 06, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
Neptune

Contrary to their expectations Neptune hadn't transformed nor was she falling. She had merely jumped to the next building over which happened to be a level shorter than the first one.

She turned around with a sigh, caught red handed as she was. "If you wanted to read the magazine so much you should have said something Nowa!" She moved back to them and pulled it out again. "Here. I didn't get to show thi to ya last time Lucy since you were out cold and stuff." She flipped the pages infront of Lucy, the pages displaying various shots of Neptune in swim suits.

Noire

Noire hurummphed at Lucy's comment. So what if she was being a bit agressive? She'd gotten called over by Neptune and now the girl had seemed to be leaving without a word, as she always did. She wasn't happy about that at all! As always!

As a result, when it turned out Neptune only had jumped to the next roof over, and was suddenly showing them the calender again, Noire was stupified into silence. What was the point of that? Why why why why why.

Ignoring the calander being shoved in her face, Noire went straight for the point. "Why do you think Lucy is evil and tricking me or whatever?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: November 06, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
Irene

Furious clangs from the inside of Orianna would soon make her body tremble even through sickening crunches and gurgling, but the vampire's resistance could not amount to much in her situation. There was no real choice other than to bide her time.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
Relius Clover

"Well done Orienna," he said as they reached the top of the Sewer.  His words were strangely tender, especially for him.  It was as though he were speaking to his own daughter, even if it was still tinged with the almost sarcastic politeness typical of his inflection.  "I believe I caught you enjoying yourself."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »
Raikou

The half-angel half-vampire chuckled, "All in a day's work."

He took the shoulder clasping in stride and brought out his black sword, posing as the stabbed the tip onto the ground and rested his hands on the handle. Looking good - or failing that, eyebrow-raising, was important to get to know people. Even coming off as a striking asshole was pretty good when you wanted people to find you as much as the other way around.

"So, what's your share of rotten fruit all about?" He asked only loud enough for one next to him to hear when the camera prepared to flash, not looking away from the photographer.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Thedoctor

« Reply #19675 on: November 06, 2017, 09:48:20 PM »
Saber

He was more skilled than he let on, so not only was he quirky this mage was also humble about his skills as a painter. She had seen many painters who wished they could sketch as good as him. Her master raised a good question, she'd never heard of this Izzit herself. But...

"Am I not enough master? Do you require statues of me to admire now? Perhaps I should relinquish my services and fnd a more appreciative master."

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: November 06, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Lucy

"Ohhhhhhh..." Lucy was certainly paying attention now. Then she gave Noire a pretty scrutinizing look. "So that's the kind of stuff you do for popularity at home, Noire? I didn't think you had it in you! We should set something up!"

Orianna

She nodded firmly. "Yes, Master. The fulfillment of my purpose is my greatest joy. To perform the task I was equipped for under your orders makes me truly happy."
hamara
was the best antag

Thedoctor

« Reply #19677 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:27 AM »
Molly

The hunter brushed some dust off her precious maid uniform, she'd even managed to not get it torn this time around. Her right foot was pretty sore right now but that was a small price to pay for such a resounding victory over her mentor. Of course she was done could he not see the folly of challenging her right now. In this place and time there was but one to say that would seal his fate.

"Yes. It's over Vanguard, I have the high ground!"

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19678 on: November 07, 2017, 04:15:21 AM »
Engetsu

"Why thank you." He smiled sincerely at the praise, though really it was nothing but a trifle. But afterwards, his expression turned somewhat grave, if not worried. "I know many who would agree with you. I also know many who would go so far as to say that humans are the vermin of this world, and they would not have a shortage of examples as well."

He managed to smile, but he seemed sad, if not troubled. "I believe what matters is the individual and the actions one takes, rather than the nature of one's blood. I am not so foolish as to say that humans and demons are alike. In fact, we couldn't be any more different. But I believe in a future where we can accept our differences and nurture friendly relations."

Just like he once did.

Engetsu immediately snapped back and realized the atmosphere had grown quite gloom. He closed his eyes and smiled sincerely, if noy a little abruptly. "Oh my, your cup is almost finished. If you enjoyed the tea so much, let me pour you another. It's on the house."

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

Thedoctor

« Reply #19679 on: November 07, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
Neptune

Neptune nodded along with Lucy's great suggestion and was completely ignoring the question Noire had raised. The other girl had completely hit the nail on the ploy of the century, surely Noire would crack under their two front assault. "Nowa's more into cosplaying, isn't that right? Magical Noirina-chan~"