Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 202889 times)

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #19200 on: October 12, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »
Lorenzo

Mhh. She had a point! He probably would have straight up burned her if she did that. But then, Nep came back, which didn't surprise him as much as what she said next. Was a friend of hers in trouble? This made things complicated.

"Alright! Well, if you put it like that, I can't really say no now can I? Gee, you're really good at forcing my hands and tying them up yknow? But in this case, I do have another condition." He turned to glance at Nep, and it almost looked like he was truly grinning. "My friend here can show too, right? In this case if either of us win, you'll make your boss let her friend go."

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: October 12, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »
Ito Kizumi

Ito's expression turned soft, sad even. Despite that, he managed to smile bitterly under his scarf. His tone was kind and gentle. "There's no need for that. You've already found him."

Repentance huh? That was a pretty word. Exquisite even. If only it was enough to erase his sins, he might have found peace back then. But no matter how hard he'd pray, the lives he had taken would never come back. That was his sin to carry. He spread his arms wide. "The one who killed all these men... was me."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: October 12, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »
Raikou

Combative elation was no further from her opponent's face than her own, evidenced by Raikou's gaze blazing at her from behind his dark lenses, yet a moment later, his muscles stopped coiling and his stance ceased to be set like a drawn crossbow. He relaxed, and despite the pain he flicked the blood off his sword and rested it on his torn shoulder.

"I've got a better idea," he proclaimed, and pointed high with a reckless swing of his monster-hunting arm. The opaque tip aimed an invisible line at the simple, wide shape that rose only slightly over the irregularly stacked buildings before it. "Let's get signed up for this tournament, and settle our fight there. No holding back, no half-measures."

He didn't know what to make of it when it first crossed his field of vision, but there was no doubt as to the identity of the building even with only its silhouette and a glimpse of its walls. It was a stadium, almost a colosseum, and if there was going to be a fighting tournament that interested this furry crazy, she had to be running there.

The hybrid goaded her, reaching out his other hand with a half-inviting, half-grasping gesture. "How about it? I promise I won't be disappointed, but can you hold back until then?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: October 12, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
Alicia

She paused for but a moment. And while her smile remained small it was nevertheless genuine. "You are no base murderer, Ito. I have weighed your heart in my hands. I do not believe you took pleasure in this act or any similar one you have done before. Regret weighs heavily on you, does it not?"

"Do you think the sin of one man can outweigh the mercy of the divine?"
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
Ito

"You really are a kind person." He smiled and shook his head. He seemed and sounded truly grateful for her words. But if words could change his heart so easily, he wouldn't be suffering like this in the first place.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right. Maybe God will forgive me, maybe you and everyone else already did. It doesn't matter. I can't forgive myself."

And with a tired voice, he revealed a trembling metal hand from his cloak, cold and unfeeling.

"I just want to use these bloodstained hands for something good. Isn't it selfish? Even if I show regret now, nothing will change. But if I can at least make something good out of this pathetic life, maybe I can give some sense to all the death I've caused. That is the only reason I'm still alive. I want to believe..."

For a moment, his mind and words spaced out, as if he was in a completely different place. But as soon as he snapped back, regret crawled on his face and he stopped.

"Forget it. Someone like you shouldn't carry this burden too. I'm not going to crush someone along with me again. Let's talk of more pleasant things, okay?"

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:31:17 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19205 on: October 12, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
Alicia

Her face grew just a bit fierce then. "And do you think I would be content to watch you crush yourself as we play at pleasantries? Would you ignore a man with a fatal wound because he does not wish to burden you with his own pains? That is what you ask of me, Ito."
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: October 12, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »
Ito

"..."

The former assassin didn't answer the girl or let her affront him any further. Instead, a metal arm wrapped around her waist and he burst into motion, disappearing from the graveyard. Even if she wanted to struggle, it was litle to no use. He was strong. But even that was nothing compared to his speed, there was no animal alive that could match his speed.

"I want to show you something." He told her, his eyes fixed on the horizon. Despite the cold metal, somehow, it felt warm.

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: October 12, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »
Alicia

She held tight onto his arm, her stomach heaving a little from traveling at such great speeds. But Alicia maintained her composure, despite the slight taste of bile in the back of her throat. "Then do so. I will see all that you will allow me to."
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: October 12, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
Ito

Before long, they had gotten away from the city and were traversing a forest. Just what could he be intending to show her, away from civilization? And what could there be in an isolated forest such as this one?

The answer was soon revealed when they arrived at a clearing by a pristine lake. But it wasn't just the breath taking view that he wanted to show her, but rather, the wooden hut by the lake. Its architecture was notably Japanese, and it was large enough to house about ten people.

"There, we've arrived. Are you alright?" he asked her before they so much as went inside.

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: October 12, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »
Alicia

It seemed... homely. It was rather comfortable here. Restful, even. Alicia waved off his concern with a hand. "Yes, I'm quite fine. I'll tell you if anything particularly wrong happens. Now please, show me what you wanted me to see."
hamara
was the best antag

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: October 12, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
Saber

"Whenever I had the chance to. There is not point in living if you're not truly living. So it's best to sample these experiences when you get the chance too, you'll never know when you'll get it again. I take it you have been busy doing field work for a while, so take the time to relax now before you're dragged in again." Her master needed some cheering up, she did look completely overworked and she wouldn't stand to see Olga work herself to death.

"Lavishing parties weren't uncommon and sometimes they went a bit wild, caused scandals every now and then but no one was really willing to tackke it" She seemed to be thinking about something in the past as she spoke.

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »
Ito Kizumi

The sun was beating, the cicadas were chirping. The ninja smiled and nodded before walking forward, sliding the door open. But behind it awaited their doom, sure death unlike anything else.

"Teacher!" About 5ive voices cried out in unison before slamming straight into him, with such crushing strength that there was a gust of wind that knocked the leaves off the ground.

"Oof! Woah there, you've gotten stronger haven't you?" He smiled with a huge grin at the sight of his usual companions, five young red onis had slammed right into him and were practically crushing him.

Some even noticed the girl, tiny little devils weren't they, though not all of them had the same complexion. Some were blue, green, or even yellow, baring different monstruous features. Yet who in their right mind could consider such beings monsters?

"Whozzat?" One of them tugged at his cloak and pointed at the holy girl, but he could hardly muster up a response.

C-can't breathe...

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: October 12, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
Nep-Nep

"You don't need to help me Lorry, I'm a goddess remember." The Cpu of Planeptune threw the empty bag of Popcorn aside, loitering the roof without care as she descended from the chimeny. If you can truly call a small jump a descent but that's beside the point. The point was that she was rapidly advancing on Lucy.

"Your boss isn't here... What did you do to her?" Neptune grabbed hold of the taller girl's maid outfit. "Show me." She challenged Lucy head on cause that was how she rolled.

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »
Lucy

She put a finger to her lips and hummed in consideration. "I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you that. If I did, I might get in a lot of trouble with the boss. But I can promise that as of now I'll stop anything I might have been doing to her. As a sign of good faith and whatnot."

Alicia

"Ito..." Alicia looked over the scene for a moment before smiling. It seemed they were not so different after all, even if he was a tad foolish at times. But she could hardly say that she was without her moments either.

She kneeled down so she was closer to the children and answered, "I'm Alicia. Ito brought me here to show me what he's been doing."
hamara
was the best antag

Bern

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: October 12, 2017, 08:28:09 PM »
Jeanne

She didn't miss the way Sakura glanced at her, something was probably wrong. "What's the matter Sakura? I'm just having some fun." It was true, she wasn't planning on doing anything drastic.

"But it's the truth Joe, What you did was really impressive." She refused to let him go and opted to cling to him as Sakura gave them the tour of the mansion. "I wouldn't recommend throwing grenades around here though, the bill would be astronomical."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:03:20 PM by Sinib »