Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 193209 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Don't talk to me or my son ever again
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #15525 on: April 20, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »
Paladin

Oh my. The knight was sweating a bit in his armor. Such heat was far from healthy for him normally, and being in a suit of plate armor did nothing to alleviate this. He was going to need a rather thorough bath again today. "I must admit, that was rather anticlimactic. Although that was perhaps for the best."

Lucy

"Far better a savage universe with happy end than a happy universe with no hope, hmm? But what if there's already a happy end in mind? What if those starry eyes see less than you think?" Fingers prodded Raf's side. Then they began to tickle her.

Jasey

Huh. That was pretty forward all things considered. Jasey's face was a little red as she just stayed exactly how she was. "Hmm. Dunno. Never really had a plan for the part after asking someone out. Wanna go get a drink or something?"
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15526 on: April 20, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »
Vanguard

The warrior sighed and chuckled bitterly before raising his hands in abandon.

"It seems you have got me all figured out. Yes, I was planning to kidnap all the residents in my secret lab, have them vivisected, turn them into loyal mindless automatons and run insidious experiments using the building as a cover in order to design a weapon that could destroy all creation as we know it. And as it turns out, a little girl is standing right in the way." He answered sarcastically.

"Was that what you wanted to hear?"

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: April 20, 2017, 11:15:52 PM »

Urho

"Oh, she left just like that. Well, whatever, do you do anything else than magic, mister? You know, fun things." He was also bored, but wouldn't follow Oren. It didn't feel right for me him to follow that exhibitionist.
Trivek

The planeswalker sighed. "Define fun. There are many different kinds of fun, some of which I may or may not find fun. Occasionally I splice elementals together with their opposite element to create weirds as familiars for a short time, do research, or attempt to replicate the scenario that allowed me to arrive here. Still no success so far at the last task."  Trivek brushed a leaf out of his hair, turning down the block back towards the place he'd found to call home. "Do you have anywhere to stay, Urho?"

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: April 21, 2017, 01:16:22 AM »
William

He didn't have any delusions about her origins but his was an opportune time to tease her once more. "Naturally, with how dazzling you are, there could be no other alternative." It was pretty clear from his tone that he was joking though.. "But I did mean what I said, feel free to stay as long you'd like, I'd prefer if you did. I just have one request..."

He patted his lap. "Take a seat Noire." He asked her with a grin.

Noire

Noire shook her head. "I don't wanna sit on your lap right now." She leaned up against him, leaning her head on his shoulder. "This is way more comfortable after all, and we'll probably be getting plenty close later, right?"

"And thanks. It means alot to have a place to stay while I'm here. And such a nice one at that, it's almost like a vacation."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15529 on: April 21, 2017, 01:17:20 AM »
Costin

Hehe, she blushed, she totally blushed! Teasing a poor girl like that was surprisingly fun, her reserved reaction was just too cute!

"Sure!" She said with a wolfish grin before letting go of her back and giving her some respectable distance. After all, she'd need to save her best for later when it mattered! "Oh, and pizza too! All this dying has absolutely starved me. You like pizza, right?" She asked Jasey, suddenly a bit concerned.

Lorenzo

The pirate couldn't help but laugh at the puppet's honest response. They really were too alike, it was almost frightening! Then again, did either really have the heart to be scared?

"I really like you, boy." He said earnestly before giving him a good slap in the back. "Well, it would be bad if we let the authorities react in time. I'm thinking a diversion or two could split them up, get them spread and panicking. Then, we use the cracks to slip in, get our goods and get out. Disguises would probably be useful, just so we can lose them more easily."

The pirate put a finger on his chin, as if thinking.

"Hmm, we'd need somewhere to hide the stolen goods though, and maybe a way to quickly escape before things go south. Got any ideas?"

Engetsu

After making sure Shirou was being well tended to, he gave him a key to a room and, after cooking him a meal, realized that there were few ingredients left. He'd need to do some groceries, refill the stock before the next day. With that in mind, he sighed and smiled before heading out to the Asian district.

Some sake would be nice. Sake was always nice.

RED

"Oh. Uh, okay!" She said before handing them the cute little pet. She  jumped off the bench and landed right between the two and smiled friendly. "What's your names?"

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: April 21, 2017, 02:31:39 AM »
Vanguard

The warrior sighed and chuckled bitterly before raising his hands in abandon.

"It seems you have got me all figured out. Yes, I was planning to kidnap all the residents in my secret lab, have them vivisected, turn them into loyal mindless automatons and run insidious experiments using the building as a cover in order to design a weapon that could destroy all creation as we know it. And as it turns out, a little girl is standing right in the way." He answered sarcastically.

"Was that what you wanted to hear?"

Sakura

"No, I wanted to hear the truth; I don't have to sell you a house you know." She said calmly, in a tone that was almost bored. "I would like to help you, but this is important to me." She told him seriously.

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: April 21, 2017, 02:48:49 AM »
Vanguard

Vanguard blinked in surprise, then managed to somehow sigh deeper than the first time.

"Alright, very well. It's not something I wanted to burden you with, but I suppose you're not going to make this easy for me." He said with a bitter half smile. Suddenly, his face turned dead serious. No, it was more than that. Something in his appearance changed, something small, something fundamental.

He copped his silver mane and slid his ebony hand across its glimmering shine, like night traveling across the stars. Was this nothing more than a superficial, perhaps even vain movement? Or perhaps there was some hidden meaning behind that action.

It would be wise to remember that the man who stood before her was not some commoner, but a warrior.

That did little to change the gravity of his voice.

"Well, I suppose it would be useless to hide it any longer. My original vessel was destroyed, and the core that sheltered my soul is no more. I guess if I had been a second too late, your hypothesis would have been correct: I would not be able to stand before you. Though I managed to find shelter in this imitation of a human vessel, but it's nothing more than a different prison."

For a second, his eyes narrowed and his frown deepened as he spoke. For the first time, there was a shred of genuine hostility in his voice, not directed at Sakura herself more than the bitterness of his situation. He had found a body, only to lose it, and he had been decaying ever since. He had managed to have Clover craft this shell using his blueprints, but something like this would pale before the magic of the Gods.

"The more I remain in this decadent shell, the more my spirit writhes and crumbles. Simply put, if you are so blind you cannot tell, my soul is rotting. It is not continuous, as long as I consciously resist it, the degradation is nothing more than superficial. Eventually, perhaps in a few years, I will become nothing more than a beast without intelligence. I do not want that, and I require a laboratory so I may research a manner to prevent that."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:53:06 AM by francobull3 »

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: April 21, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »
William

He gave her a small smile, his hand moved from her back to her hair and he enjoyed the soft feeling of it. "If you're feeling that guilty about living off of me, you could become my maid. I bet the uniform would look great on you. Jokes aside, how close do you want to get hmm?"

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: April 21, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »
Noire

Mmmmm, that felt good. She'd always enjoyed it when people stroked her hair. She snuggled up against him some more, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"This close." She told him. "At least for now. I'll have to decline your offer to be a maid, it seems like that would take too much of my time."

"The fire's pretty, isn't it?" She asked, changing the topic. "I love the crackling sound the wood makes."

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: April 21, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Oka Kurosawa

"Hey hey you ok?" Oka asked Paladin, patting him on the back. "I have some water if you want some."

She walked into the room and saw Anastasia cooling it off rapidly, the rocks cracking from the extreme changes in temperature. The gold on the floor was a molten mess. Still valuable though.

"Should we take the gold, or move on?" Oka asked.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: April 21, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
William

"I've seen too many people burn to enjoy the sound of it." He sounded faraway as if he was reliving something from the past.

"Have you ever taken someone's life?" He asked her seriously.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: April 21, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »
William

"I've seen too many people burn to enjoy the sound of it." He sounded faraway as if he was reliving something from the past.

"Have you ever taken someone's life?" He asked her seriously.

Noire

"Um, no..." Noire answered equally seriously, looking up at him. "Well, unless you count Copypaste, but we rebuilt him afterwords, so..." She shook her head. "I don't think that really counts. We goddesses do our best to prevent wars in our world. I think we've been pretty successful."

"So I take it you have?" Noire asked him solemnly.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: April 22, 2017, 12:39:55 AM »
William

"Maybe..." He left it at that not giving a definitive answer. Being mysterious had its fun parts as well. That and not taking the chance to tease her when he could would be an opportunity sorely wasted.

On the other hand, there was something he needed fixed if this was to go on. And that was Noire's acclimation to his little group so to say, and better start out light with the maid right?

With that in mind he focused on one of the messengers he knew Lucy to have hanging around in the area. Damn girl might as well be spying on him right now. Nevermind that now, he sent them the message he wanted to them to hear, sure that it would reach his intended target. " Lucy, I would appreciate it if you could appear here as soon as possible. There's someone you'll need to know on a more personal level."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: April 22, 2017, 12:56:50 AM »
Lucy

"Far better a savage universe with happy end than a happy universe with no hope, hmm? But what if there's already a happy end in mind? What if those starry eyes see less than you think?" Fingers prodded Raf's side. Then they began to tickle her.

Rafalia

"If that's the truth, it'll be obvious eventually, so, hehe, stop - hyaheheHEeh -"

Rafalia's solemn composure crumbled as the words trailed off into laughter, her shoulders shaking like a flower rustled by a playful wind.

"I'm trying to have some gravitas here!" She snapped from the tickling, with a smile ringing from her voice and leaning forward as they jumped the distance between two more buildings. "Surely you can think of more impressive things to do than make me laugh?"

The night was long, and Rafalia could thing of few better ways to know someone than through their actions.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15539 on: April 22, 2017, 01:01:51 AM »
Noire

"Well that's a vauge answer, haha." She laughed a bit nervously. "So, um, I think I can transform again. Do you want to go somewhere, um... more private" she finished mentally, looking completely away from him and burying her face into a pillow, trying to hide her nuclear blush.