Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 468838 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1815 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
"Oh? So you do have a few tricks up your sleeve. Ok, let's play a bit." Ito responded with a cheerful tone, grinning in return. She was fast, quite faster than before, and the ninja had to admit the lass had some balls. Thus, he thought it would be only fair to turn up the stakes a bit.

The ninja did not seem to move, his body inert even as the lance lunged at his body like a hungry serpent. For a fraction of a split second, it looked like his face twisted in a chilling smile.

And so, Ito simply vanished from sight, so fast and silently it seemed he was never there to begin with. The air grew cold, silent... until a menacing presence made itself present once again.

"What's the matter, I'm over here!" a bloodcurdling sneer came from behind the woman, not even hiding Ito's murderous intent. Waving his hand, a blur sent countless nearly invisible kunais, each aimed to kill his opponent.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:05 PM »
"Oh? So you do have a few tricks up your sleeve. Ok, let's play a bit." Ito responded with a cheerful tone, grinning in return. She was fast, quite faster than before, and the ninja had to admit the lass had some balls. Thus, he thought it would be only fair to turn up the stakes a bit.

The ninja did not seem to move, his body inert even as the lance lunged at his body like a hungry serpent. For a fraction of a split second, it looked like his face twisted in a chilling smile.

And so, Ito simply vanished from sight, so fast and silently it seemed he was never there to begin with. The air grew cold, silent... until a menacing presence made itself present once again.

"What's the matter, I'm over here!" a bloodcurdling sneer came from behind the woman, not even hiding Ito's murderous intent. Waving his hand, a blur sent countless nearly invisible kunais, each aimed to kill his opponent.

Mordred

She reflexively turned around, swatting as much projectiles as she could to protect her head. Some passed through, bouncing off her "invisible" plate armor, few piercing its weak points. Fortunately none of those hit any of vital organs, just sticking out of her body. She ignored the pain. "Do you really think you can stop me easily just throwing those at me?!" she yelled.

He was certainly faster than her, but she survived through worse. Compared to that mad ghost, he was nothing. And she had some tricks in her sleeve to catch him off-guard. The only problem is that she had little energy to spare. She should have really took time beforehand to harvest some Glamour, but she did not expect deep in her heart that she would fight during daytime. However, the knight was sure she would endure his attacks until she got chance to surprise him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 04, 2015, 08:36:49 PM »

Sakura

"I know, but you seem to be in a hurry to get Shirou home, so I wondered if this might count..." Rider said to with a teasing smirk on her face.

“Ri-Ri-Rider!” Sakura exclaimed, her face beet red from the implications. “I was, uh, I was just making sure Shirou was all right just now! There’s nothing wrong with me being concerned!” Sakura babbled out excuses to Rider, all obviously come up with on the spot.

Then, Shirou began to speak: "Ah... I see... I guess it can't be helped... At least I managed to write a note to Tohsaka and Rider what happened... though I'm a little worried what Fuji-nee's reaction will be if she sees the letter."

Sakura adopted an extremely worried expression. “Shirou... Senpai, how is my sister doing? Is she doing ok? Did-Did...” Sakura squirmed. “Did she, uhhh... Did she help you maintain your body...” Sakura finally managed to beat around the bush and ask, her voice was laced with worry and a tint of anger. "You must have, r-right?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:08 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard did not even flinch as the white haired man dashed to him with his wooden sword. Such a futile gesture did not impress him, but the man's stance was quite formidable to say the least. It seemed the warrior would not listen to reason with half hearted measures.

But that man still had much to learn.

Like a whirlwind, the colossal juggernaut blurred before taking kold of the man's side, using his own leg to throw him off balance and slam him on the ground. Of course, Vanguard held back, unwilling to shed any blood. Stepping on the man's chest, the metal warrior pinned him down with his heavy foot.

"Boy, why do you speak of such nonsense? I am no stand or malicious phantom. Nor do not wish to rule or be ruled. I am but a speck in this world, not unlike you, so please cease this."

Too fast. Obviously too fast. Gintoki did not have even time to react, pinned to the ground by the talking armor's foot. "Huh?" he blinked, before it registered in his mind that he was immobilized.

"You obviously wants to rule. Rule over me, you S & M bastard! I'm sure you and your accomplices want to now play with Gin-san's handsome body!" the silver haired man yelled, accusing his opponent of most malicious intentions. In attempt to escape, he swinged the wooden sword which he still gripped in his hand at Vanguard's foot. 

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 04, 2015, 09:28:37 PM »
"Nope." Ito said calmly as a shit eating grin of the highest order crawled up his face. Kicking off the ground, the ninja now leapt at insane speeds around the woman, multiple kunais thrown from all sides and each going for her.

Quickly jumping from lampost to lampost, he now found himself over her, his smile growing as his knives approached her body.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 04, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »
"Nope." Ito said calmly as a shit eating grin of the highest order crawled up his face. Kicking off the ground, the ninja now leapt at insane speeds around the woman, multiple kunais thrown from all sides and each going for her.

Quickly jumping from lampost to lampost, he now found himself over her, his smile growing as his knives approached her body.

Mordred

This was annoying. She had to do something about that man's speed before it was too late and she got overwhelmed by sheer quantity of those knives. All she could do for now is once again whirl around and deflect as much of them as she could with her spear. Again, she suffered some minor injuries, protected by her armor, but at this rate she could bleed out eventually. However, she had a plan.
Channeling the power of one of her Contracts, she radiated with intense light of a summer sun in order to blind Ito. She could not move an inch or her light would dissipate, she also discarded her elemental armor, but she hoped it would buy her enough time to cast another Contract that would hinder the man.

(OOC: She used Battle Bright)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:44 PM »
Ito was about to launch yet more kunais when suddenly a blinding light emanated from the woman's body. The plight caught him by surprise, and he only had the time to throw a few more before leaping back and gaining distance from the girl. The light was far too intense to be bearable, it hurt to simply be in it's vicinity.

His eyes shut, Ito growled in annoyance. Did she really think such a thing would be sufficent to cripple him? He was accustumed to fight in areas where his sight was hindered, such a thing would be meaningless against him.

Taking his scarf, he quickly rolled it around his eyes to protect himself from the light. Quickly he dashed once again, a black blur zig zagging towards her all while throwing more knives. His field would soon be set up, but he needed to be sure to cover the whole area in order to avoid leaving any blind spots.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:19:11 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »
Mordred

Even such short period of delay in Ito's movement helped Mordred a lot, giving her enough room for invoking another Contract of hers. A ring of thorns encircled both her and Ito, limiting the area in which they both could fight to radius of 10 yards. If one of them tried to leave before losing consciousness or before the thorns dissipated on their own after reaching the time limit, he or she would be damaged by the thorns. Mordred did use up almost all of her Glamour, leaving only enough to maintain her Mask, so she had to decide it in straight duel. Somehow. But still, her odds of winning the battle raised as she was more used to fighting in close quarters.

(OOC: She used Crown of Clashing Fire)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 04, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »
Ito suddenly stopped, feeling a sudden heat all around him. The strings he had taken the time to set up melted off one by one, rendering his field useless. Facing his opponent, he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"You... you're not half bad!", yelled the ninja before clapping his hands. "Yes, not bad at all. I acknowledge your skill, quite impressive really."

Sighing, Ito circled around her, he walked calmly with the lighness of a leaf, not a single sound emanating from him. It almost seemed as if multiple bodies walked behind each other, each afterimages of Ito who kept on walking slowly.

"I should apologize for my earlier behavior, truth be told I believe we have met on the wrong foot. My name... is Ito. Ito Kizumi. What is yours?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:13 PM »
Rider smirked once more at Sakura's flustered response and obviously-fake excuses. She loved her master dearly, but she did enjoy a bit of harmless teasing from time to time.

Well, she certainly was checking him out thoroughly.

Before she could say anything, though, Shirou spoke up, leading to a discussion about Shirou's body, and how he had maintained it. The implications of her question were obvious, and it was equally obvious that she would not be happy if the answer was yes, although Rider was sure she would forgive Shirou for it even if it were. With the mood suddenly worsened by Sakura's question, she decided it was better not to reply, and simply waited for Shirou's response.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 05, 2015, 12:09:27 AM »
Richard Maxwell

"Hah, don't worry, if you really are a peaceful vampire then I have no reason to do anything to ya! Even better if you actually go against those who prey on others." said Richard with a smile, rising from his seat.

"I trust you alright, and I hope you won't break that trust. Are we clear?"

theunknownhero

• Amnesic Wanderer
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 05, 2015, 12:29:12 AM »
Shirou (HF)

Ah, I see what Sakura is asking. She is asking if Tohsaka engaged in Prana transfers through sex. I let out a sigh, as I'm about to respond. It's best that I tell her the truth.

"Tohsaka is well. She's making her way through the magical association. And of course after you left, she's take up the contract with Rider, though as her reserves aren't nearly as much as yours she has to take it easy. The fact she's advanced as far as she while maintaining Rider is amazing. As for how I've maintained my body with you being gone, it's also thanks to her, though not in the normal way that you're thinking. Being the skilled magus she is, she used the prana in her gems and managed to transfer some prana off them to me. As for Rider..."

I stop and start blushing recalling a time I accidentally walked in on them.

"They um... had to... umm... engage in more traditional prana transfer..."

Damn it, I must be so red in face right now... And lower half isn't any calmer than it was a moment ago. I try to avoid the alternate Rider's glance as this must be embarrassing for her.
Even I have something I must protect.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 05, 2015, 12:34:17 AM »
EMIYA SHIROU

Shirou was instantly alert when a large man in armor black as night walked in the front door and spoke to Saber. It appeared the two were familiar with each other, as the blond promptly made her way to the man and started fussing over him, calling him “old friend.”

That was strange. How long had Saber been here in the Nexus? He hadn’t really thought about that, although considering she seemed well integrated into the police force, it could possibly be a long time. The newcomer with wavy purple hair also felt off. There was something larger than life about him, something foreboding, almost monstrous.

Shirou wanted to inquire as to who this man was and how Saber knew him, but he didn’t want to interrupt the two and he still had to find Mia. Finishing off his meal, he took his plate and utensils to the sink before making his way to the door, resisting the impulse to start cleaning them off himself.

“Thanks for the room, Saber. I’m going now.” With those words, the archer closed the door behind him and turned to face the new day, and steeled himself to become that hero once again.

LANCELOT

The dark knight held back a sigh at Saber’s fussing. He really wasn’t looking forward to explaining last night’s events, especially not around strangers. At least Forest wasn’t here to set him off again. Putting on his best neutral expression, he nodded his thanks and went to sit down on the couch.

“It is a long story, and I would not keep you from your duties as a detective,” he said.

AKIHOLARME

Aki, now fully armed and armored once again, turned to look at the white haired girl. Breakfast had been an awkward affair, with the girl refusing to look at her and speaking as little as possible. That Donkey person had already left, so there was no one to distract them from the tense atmosphere. She was also wearing that strange headwear that covered her ears again. The dragonborn debated just walking out and having nothing more to do with the girl.

Not that she actually would, of course. Her curiosity and sense of adventure made Rebeca far too interesting to just let go of. Aki sighed with a tiny, rueful smile.

“Shall we go? I do still need new clothes, and that 'gym' looked interesting,” she said to the quiet and enigmatic girl.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 05, 2015, 01:26:39 AM »
Suiren

Suiren broke out of her shock and turned around to see the armored man… well, manhandling the other guy.

Suiren then grinned, “That’s right buddy, hold him down, punch him in the kidney! Show him who's boss!”

She might have been slightly bitter that he just ran pasted her and attacked her opponent. Just a bit. Just a tinsy-intsy bit.

Just

Just walked out of the guard’s sleeping quarters with a yawn, stretching his arms. He had a long night, so he felt like sleeping in for once. Walking around the city for hours on end, trying to find his lord was exhausting, especially in full armor.

He was really getting old, wasn’t he? Maybe he should drag Hamara fishing one day; it would relaxing and interesting to see his lord try and fish.

He walked into the main area, hoping to get something to eat, when he noticed the slightly scorched ceiling and cook wear. With a questioning look at one of his Subordinates they pointed at the small girl sleeping on the couch.

Ahh, the girl Hamara brought back. With an evil smirk he walked up and sat beside her, before reaching over and pinching her nose shut.

Rebeca

Rebeca silently sat there in awkward silence, during her hardest to avoid looking at Aki. Her headphones were turned up so loud only the most surface actions of the mind were noticeable to her. She was somewhat sad. She liked Aki, and she knew she was a good person.

She had learned a lot about her after all. And well, she was lonely. She wanted someone to talk to, to eat with, and so on. Even though breakfast was awkward it was also pleasant to Rebeca. 

And so when Aki asked if she wanted to go check out the gym a massive smile appeared on her face and she nodded, “Ya, let’s go. It’ll be fun.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:41:56 AM by Knick »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 05, 2015, 01:27:01 AM »
Mille
Mille stood freezing in the snow outside the apartment complex. She'd untransformed since landing and had dug the coat she'd stored in her backpack out for warmth, but her clothes were still sopping wet, and the t-shirt she was wearing was hardly ideal for the season even if it weren't soaked.

I should have dressed in something appropriate for all weather conditions. An oversight like that's hardly fitting for a magus, though then I did have to act quickly. Though that's hardly an excuse. Good thing I had that coat ready, though it's not thick enough for this weather. I could only stuff so large of a coat in my bag after all.

Angry with herself for her lack of complete and utter preparation as she was, she almost didn't hear Sapphire whisper to her.

"Psst, Miss Garrison, hide and get down."

Not wanting to take any chances, even if the warning was from Sapphire, (besides, a sneak attack was always optimal), Mille heeded the wand and went for cover. It was a good thing she'd moved quickly, for in the next few minutes, she got to see why the Kailedo Stick had warned her.

The man was tall, and in dark armor. There was an air about him that exuded both great strength and great instability.

I can almost feel his power... could this be a Servant? Are there Grail Wars in this world too?

The shivering magus (damn this cold, it makes me seem like a coward when I'm just freezing...) waited for the man to leave and enter the building before moving again. Her movement was stiff, as her clothing was already beginning to freeze from being soaked, but she did her best.

With a deep breath, Mille stood before the door, debating whether entering at this point was the best course of action.

"Inside this building is the source of magical energy I told you about," said Sapphire. "If you want to reach it soon, you'll have to go inside sooner or later."

Rin
Rin looked down at her plate. Already all gone.

Huh, I must've been hungry. Well, can't go investigating strange alternate dimensions on an empty stomach.

She was about to offer help with the dishes when a strange man came inside. Rin tensed. The man was armored, and seemed strong. Though he wasn't exactly attacking, but that didn't mean caution wasn't warranted. After all, there was something about this guy that put Rin ill at ease.

But then Saber marched up to the towering knight and started chewing him out.

Quote from: Saber
"Where have you been?  Are you alright?  I was worried about you, old friend."

She frowned as she could sense that something was amiss with him.  She pointed to the living room and said, "Come, go sit down and I can bring you something to drink."
Rin sat there, staring wide eyed at the tiny knight still in her pjs berating the huge newcomer before her body finally relaxed.

There's something about that guy that still sets me on edge. But if Saber trusts him, then it's probably fine. Though I shouldn't let my guard down, even if he is Saber's friend. 

Rin looked at him again. That armor... That combined with the fact that he knows Saber personally might well mean that he's a Servant too. Though then, I don't know how long she's been in this weird place either. Still, the fact that multiple Servants are potentially here... Maybe people end up here from different timelines too.

She looked back over at the cell phone Saber had been staring at with concern earlier. I guess now I know who that thing belongs to.

Quote from: Shirou
“Thanks for the room, Saber. I’m going now.”

With the sudden commotion, Rin had almost forgotten that Shirou was still there. She noticed him eyeing the sink with his plates in it with regret.

Knowing Emiya-kun, leaving those plates there is more painful than somehow managing to slice his own hand. He must be in a real rush to find Mia.

"Bye Emiya-kun!" Rin shouted after him. "Try not to shoot people so haphazardly again even if they are vampires! Come back alive or I'll find a way to torment your ghost!"

And out the door he went. All and all, this was certainly an odd start to things.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.