Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 468850 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1035 on: January 25, 2015, 02:52:41 AM »
Rider smiled as she watched the two shaking hands on an agreement, glad at any turn of events that would make Sakura safer.

Then, she turned to address the newcomer, still smiling.

"Hello, Vanguard. My name is Rider, I am Sakura's servant and protector. I too hope that you will live up to your promise, and protect Sakura with everything you have", she said.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 25, 2015, 03:07:16 AM »
Vanguard

"Yes, it is a great honour to serve by your side, Rider. Surely we shall overcome many challenges as fellow shield brethren.", Vanguard declared before turning to his new master. He was quite pleased to meet such a dependable ally, one could tell she was a being who had accomplished many exploits in her past, to bask in the tales of their deeds would be a pleasurable experience.

The warrior of metal paused for a bit, ever since he was summoned he noticed some sort of presence in the surroundings, but Vanguard could now feel it much more clearly. Something... demonic was lurking, perhaps multiple creatures.

He took heed to the presence and carried on.
"Sakura, you stated you were master of two, however only Rider stands here and now. Who would this other servant be?", he quizzically asked.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:28:54 PM by francobull3 »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:15 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

It took sometime for Mathew to convince the doctor and the nurses to let him go. Sure, it is probably a good idea to stay for the observation period, but he would be damned to stay in the Medicae Center for a full twenty-four hours! Besides, a patient has his full right to deny treatment.

So, a compromise was made: the Dragoon gets to leave, his weapons in hand, as long as he is in a wheelchair until he exit the building (Procedure and liability nonsense, apparently).

And so, the nurse pushed the grumbling soldier into the waiting room, which, to Mathew's surprise, Noel and the Inquisitor were sitting in...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:15:53 AM by MissingMandible »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 25, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »
Grenth

Grenth nodded to the man as he left. He waited a few moments before speaking, “Keep a close eye on him.” And at his words she shadows in the room shifted, before following Kayneth, making sure to keep a far enough distance as to not be noticed. 

And then he closed with book and threw it back on his desk before leaning back. There was a lot to be done, he still had to create a Soul Horror out of that man’s soul, but that was not a priority. The body was already preserved in ice, and he could call back the soul whenever he wanted. Instead he was more concerned about the movement in the sewers his Soul Horrors have reported.

He supposed he should take a walk tomorrow, but for now he would relax, do some work, and have a good sleep. He would need his energy.

Crest

Crests drank some water and ate some of his jerky in silence, until he noticed his companion fell into a sleep. His gaze stayed focused on her, taking note of her soft breathing and peaceful look. He then changed his focus to her armor and weapons. They were of high make, far better than anything he has ever had.

Rejection of Sound

An almost invisible film of black appeared on him as he grabbed his machete and held it to her neck. It would be so easy. It would give him food, armor, weapons…

Crest just sighed and put the machete back where it was before leaning back, his rejection vanishing a moment later. Eventually he allowed his eyelids to close and the calm of sleep to take him.

Fire fell, armies clashed, brilliant light danced in the sky and darkness met it. Black ribbons moved in impossible patterns, ripping though the world, cutting away at all that was there. But yet it was stopped by the brilliant white light. Walls and spears, brilliant light that purged the oblivion the ribbons created. 

It was a clash of titans, a clash of things which fought on levels incomparable. Their wielders, an old man, clad in armor and royal attire stood with purpose, the ribbons originating from his form, and a young girl danced with the light, she had an otherworldly presence, and yet she seemed similar to the man before her.

The two clashed, their powers matching, two beings that have transcended understanding stood against each other. Symbols and leaders of their armies who sought what they viewed was the best.

A man, who sought what was beyond the world, stood against the girl that sought to preserve the world she held so dear.

And so they clashed, in a battle which would decide the future.

Crest awoke and sat in the silance, before he let lose another sigh as the dream that prevented his sleep quickly fled from his mind until he could not remember the simplest of details. It was happening a lot recently, he could sleep in bursts but never for any extended time.

He looked to the small fire that burned on the tile floor in front of him, it seemed to wane down since he let sleep take him, and prepared himself for another frustrating night as he placed some more wood on the fire.

Hamara

Hamara gave the girl a soft smile as she took his hand. And together they walked towards the city. It would not take too long until they arrived at the building he and his guards were staying. It was a long day, and he was sure that this girl was exhausted from her experience with the abominations.

He would task some of his guards to take care of her, get her what she needs and make sure she was well. He felt there was much to think about tomorrow.

But before that he had no doubt they would both benefit from some sleep.

Mia

Mia nodded and agreed with the offer for food as she kept her grip in Shirou's arm, she was very hungry after all.

Rebeca

Rebeca nodded at Donkey, “Sure, you can get the couch, I got a futon in my room, so we can set that up for Aki.” The apartment had a surprising amount of stuff when she moved in, it was really useful.

She turned to Aki at her question, taking note of how different her house was to those in Aki’s world. She somewhat wanted to know more it. “A place to put your armor? Well, there should be room in the closet, but if you want to close to you I guess you can just lay it down in the corner or something. It shouldn’t be an issue.”
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:10:44 AM by Knick »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »
"Don't thank me," he says, looking around the room for a bit before settling his gaze on the woman bowing to him, "Remind him to carry some silver next time he goes out by himself on a full moon."

"Anyway," Guts says, stretching out a bit, "The punk's probably going to tell you when he wakes up, but the city guard is going to be after us now."

"...Eh?" Yukina looked confused when she heard what she was told. "But this city does not have city guards."

"Ya' retarded bitch, he means the fuckin' police!" Neo interjected, meaning he heard what was said. "And fuck you, nigga, I ain't carryin' shit!"

"Ah..." His explanation did clear up any confusions the Japanese lady had. She then said, "I do not think he minds being chased around by the police, stranger. It is not strange for him to get in trouble with the law, and I think he does not care at all." She then giggled, while rubbing the back of her head.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 25, 2015, 12:59:35 PM »
Mordred

(It is assumed it's Morning Day 2 from now on for Mordred)

Bright sunlight peeked through the cracks in the wall of the abandoned building, waking up Mordred. Fatigue and injuries aside, the weird sensation in her body she experienced from the overuse of her Token faded away. "Uhhh" she grumbled as she suffered from a nightmare again this night. All she recollected were 'arrows' raining down from the sky. It could have been a memory of a battle or just how her brain processed such an eventful night.

She could stand up, but still barely. I hoarded those for later, but I guess I have no choice this time... Reaching for two fruit she harvested from that dangerous place, she healed her majority of her wounds, but her body ached here and there. Damn him for mocking me like that! She gritted her teeth at the thought of the magus and his company of familiars.

Though that was just a guess on her part, she had a feeling that her Mask hid her Mien once again, and carefully confirmed that. None of few pedestrians who were walking around minding their businesses reacted in unusual way to her looks.

Maybe I should rely less on my spear here... She pondered, thinking about the way how to avoid such complications in the future. A new Contract or a less potent Token but one carrying a lesser risk would be a neat solution.

She still could not overlook the fact there was somebody that looked like her. Given she confirmed that this person was not her Fetch, she was more curious why that stranger looked like her than regarded her as a potential obstacle. Mordred also had barely any memory of her life before being abducted to Arcadia, hence she did not exclude possibility she could have been even a relative of hers, probably a younger one given the difference in height.

"I guess it will be as awkward for her as for me" she sighed, expecting that the girl could have been as surprised as her about the identical looks they shared.

But, she already set her mind on finding her, so she set out to find any rumors about the girl.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:11:14 PM by Kat »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 25, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »
Grendel has stopped grumbling about the loss of his weapons by now, having mastered himself once more as he waits for the Dragoon. Fortunately, he is not long in coming, though he's being transported on a wheelchair for some reason...

"Welcome back, Dragoon," Grendel says, "I trust your injuries weren't too severe?"

"No matter," Grendel continues after a moment, "Now our main concern will be lodgings. Ms. Noel? Would you happen to have any place that could accommodate us?"

"...Eh?" Yukina looked confused when she heard what she was told. "But this city does not have city guards."

"Ya' retarded bitch, he means the fuckin' police!" Neo interjected, meaning he heard what was said. "And fuck you, nigga, I ain't carryin' shit!"

"Ah..." His explanation did clear up any confusions the Japanese lady had. She then said, "I do not think he minds being chased around by the police, stranger. It is not strange for him to get in trouble with the law, and I think he does not care at all." She then giggled, while rubbing the back of her head.

"My problem isn't that they'll be chasing him," Guts says with a sigh, "My problem is that I'm going to have to police after my ass as well. And given that I can't hide myself nearly as well as I used to be able to."

"And kid, Neo, whatever," Guts continues, "Your funeral. We both know full well that those police and that werewolf had your ass dead to rights."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 25, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
"My problem isn't that they'll be chasing him," Guts says with a sigh, "My problem is that I'm going to have to police after my ass as well. And given that I can't hide myself nearly as well as I used to be able to."

"And kid, Neo, whatever," Guts continues, "Your funeral. We both know full well that those police and that werewolf had your ass dead to rights."

"My ass have been dead to fuckin' rights evah since I was seven years old, dipshit." Neo retorted. It is slowly becoming obvious that he was recovering. He then sniggered and said, "'Sides, I can always kill these mo'fuckin' pigs, just like that time in Tulsa. They killed mah girl, so I went to their HQ and massacred their asses into last week. Total fuckin' wipeout, nigga!"

He then scoffed. "And fo' a badass merc who wrecked demons, ya' sure 'fraid of the pigs, huh? Ya' got yo' weapons and shit, yanno? Ya' can handle it, champ."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 25, 2015, 02:22:51 PM »
"My ass have been dead to fuckin' rights evah since I was seven years old, dipshit." Neo retorted. It is slowly becoming obvious that he was recovering. He then sniggered and said, "'Sides, I can always kill these mo'fuckin' pigs, just like that time in Tulsa. They killed mah girl, so I went to their HQ and massacred their asses into last week. Total fuckin' wipeout, nigga!"

He then scoffed. "And fo' a badass merc who wrecked demons, ya' sure 'fraid of the pigs, huh? Ya' got yo' weapons and shit, yanno? Ya' can handle it, champ."

"First of all, most of the demons didn't have guns. Second of all, I run a gym. It would be a bit of a pain if I ended up in prison, especially with those upstart werewolves trying to play protection racket. And it takes forever to get the blood off the equipment, but that's not something I can't deal with. Also, what kind of gear were the ones in this Tulsa place carrying?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:24:03 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 25, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »
"First of all, most of the demons didn't have guns. Second of all, I run a gym. It would be a bit of a pain if I ended up in prison, especially with those upstart werewolves trying to play protection racket. And it takes forever to get the blood off the equipment, but that's not something I can't deal with. Also, what kind of gear were the ones in this Tulsa place carrying?"

"Guns, man. All sorts of fuckin' guns." Neo answered. "And did you know what I carried back then? A couple of knives and poison gas, motherfucker."

"And stop complaining about blood on yo' shit, man. If you don't want blood on it, then stop fuckin' kickin' ass!" He scoffed again, apparently showing that he was reacting negatively to the mercenary's complaints and disregarding the fact the he was running a honest livelihood. "Jesus fuck, nigga. You might be badass back at yo' home but when people had their gats, ya' suddenly become pussy! I mean, what the fuck?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 25, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
"Hey," Guts interjects, "I'm not complaining about the blood on the gear. Also, you had poison gas. All you'd need to do is fight smart and those guns wouldn't be able to do shit."

"Also, you probably shouldn't be talking like that after getting your ass handed to you by four guys with guns."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 25, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
"Hey," Guts interjects, "I'm not complaining about the blood on the gear. Also, you had poison gas. All you'd need to do is fight smart and those guns wouldn't be able to do shit."

"Also, you probably shouldn't be talking like that after getting your ass handed to you by four guys with guns."

"Ass handed by those pigs? Haha!" Neo laughed. "A couple shots and ya' think I'm wrecked already? Fuck no! Even you weren't there, they would turn me into a beehive and I still wouldn't go down, nigga! A couple shots is nuffin' compared to the shit I've got from fighting in Guadalcanal and Okinawa!"

"And about the poison gas, well, I did fight smart, motha'fuckah. I alchemized that shit, dawg! I made it myself! But you? Hah, you tellin' me now dat I shoulda be fightin' smart, but you bitchin' 'bout dem guns now, asshole! Whuda fuck do you think I am?!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 25, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
Noel walked over and took control of the wheelchair. She turned to face Grendel and responded to his question about housing.

“I don’t have anything for you, I’m sorry.” She said ruefully. “You see, I only have space for one additional person, and that’s reserved for the injured man right here. I’m very sorry about this. There are a fair amount of motels, inns, and other forms of temporary housing  throughout Nexus City, just ask around and you’ll find one soon enough.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
"Ass handed by those pigs? Haha!" Neo laughed. "A couple shots and ya' think I'm wrecked already? Fuck no! Even you weren't there, they would turn me into a beehive and I still wouldn't go down, nigga! A couple shots is nuffin' compared to the shit I've got from fighting in Guadalcanal and Okinawa!"

"And about the poison gas, well, I did fight smart, motha'fuckah. I alchemized that shit, dawg! I made it myself! But you? Hah, you tellin' me now dat I shoulda be fightin' smart, but you bitchin' 'bout dem guns now, asshole! Whuda fuck do you think I am?!"

Guts sits there for a moment, highly tempted to just slug the kid right here and now and wondering why he hasn't already done so. However, he figures that it wouldn't quite be worth the effort to get up from this rather comfortable couch to do so. With this in mind, he drops the hand on his artificial arm, pulls out a powder charge, loads it in with a ramrod, then pulls out a cannonball and loads it in as well, saying nothing as he goes about this.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:20:19 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 25, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
Sakura looked at Vanguard with confusion. Where is my other servant? He’s right there, how did he not notice Faust?

“Um, Caster is right there, did you not notice him?” She said, pointing at Faust, who was wearing an expressionless mask. “He’s my teacher as well as me loyal servant. Please treat him with respect.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end