Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 210326 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Howl Loudly, My Resentment
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #20895 on: January 11, 2018, 07:45:14 PM »
Thugkura

"If he's just going to run right at you blast him in the face." He was fast but definitely not too smart. A bladed tendril emerged from her shadow, casually deflecting the bullets as she swung her bat right at the guy, several more bladed limbs lashing up from her shadow to attack him the moment he tried to dodge her strike.
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3 - Today at 7:35 PM
raping all the time makes rape boring

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »
Swims-With-Salmons

"I cannot make it out what they're talking about unless I focus especially hard. But there's more optimal solution. Beseeching spiritual servants of Grandfather Thunder. I'd summon Stormcrows, humbly ask them for cooperation in our spy endeavor and get information through those 'little' birds. I probably don't make much sense given that you don't have the context and we don't have the time for lengthy explanation, but will you entrust this to me? I cannot guarantee we will go undetected yet we might glean more informations thanks to assistance of those curious spirits."

She was willing to take the risk, but she wasn't the only person with say here. If they shot down her proposition, she would relent and look for another way. Summoning minor spirits could be still detected after all if their quarry could pick off such subtle cues. The couple was quite on guard about the alleged demon due to the incident they mentioned.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:12 PM »
Joe

Joe lowered his eyes, reflexively sighing at Sakura's suggestion.  "Yeah, lets not do that..." he said, rubbing the back of his head.  It was best to put that one down, even if he knew she was joking.

Getting new recruits was not too hard.  All he did was walk up to people who were exercising and asked if they felt like playing a game.  At first, the people they asked didn't seem particularly interested.  Altough that could be their choice of location.  After all, they started by asking the runners and guys on the bicycle machines.  However, their luck changed when they moved to the tennis court.

"Hey," Joe said, giving two guys on the court a quick wave and friendly smile.

"Oh hi," one of the guys responded, his breathing heavy from a recent rally with his friend.  The fact that he actually was a bit tired from knocking the ball around meant they were both good enough at tennis to go through a rally that lasted more than two back and forth cycles.

"So we are looking for a few players for a pickup game.  You interested?" Joe tried his best to make sure he sounded confident.

The guy tilted his head back, gesturing at Sakura.  "Is she playing too?  Who's team is she on?"

"Yeah its her first game.  If you join, you'll be on our team."

The two guys looked at each other before turning back to Joe.  "Sure, we're in!"

This wasn't uncommon.  A lot of the guys asked if Sakura was playing or less subtly, asked if she was dating Joe before agreeing to play.  Of course, by the time the team was gathered, they all already knew he and her weren't dating and he didn't even mention Jeanne.  In any case, he got what he came for, a small squad to battle the superwoman in a revenge basket ball game to feed his ego! get Jeanne back for the apartment.

Before they entered the court, he turned to Sakura.  "Are you ready?"

Sakura Matou

"Yeah." The purplehead responded. "What about you?" Sakura asked him. She'd been pretty impressed by his seeming complete calm just propositioning people for a game.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: January 12, 2018, 12:39:15 AM »

Julius

"Those who cannot find peace often value it most. Do not take me for a spoiled gentleman. I have faced outlaws who found nothing more pleasurable than tormenting the weak. I have braved dark castles filled with horrors that crushed sanity of many. If you want to break the peace, then I won't just sit idly."

There was solemnity in his words. And a hint of irritation. He really disliked idea of someone just treating the peace casually like that. The state of peace was fragile. His era was an era where Europe was engulfed in wars and his land of Transylvania was filled with monsters who treated the region as sort of holy land due to its reputation. This city wasn't any different.

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: January 12, 2018, 12:52:02 AM »
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka shook her head.  "No as far as I know, I was born with this strange phenomenon," she said, taking a step closer.  "So then, tell me.  How can you walk on the wall like that?"

Adrienne

"Interesting. Well, for me, I am not made entirely of physical matter. I don't know the specifics, but it has strange effects on how the laws of physics affect me. I had an incident a while ago that turned part of my body into 'thoughtform,' although that is a concept I don't quite understand just yet."

Medaka

Medaka looked a bit dissapointed, thinking Adreinne would know much more about his abilities than her own nature.  However, it was interesting just how abstract her abilities seemed to be.  Somehow, this felt different than magic.

"I see," Medaka said, placing a finger on her chin.  She had to be sure.  "Is this a form of magic?"

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: January 12, 2018, 01:01:58 AM »
Marcus

"Oh boo hoo," he said, his laid back facade breaking as a single twitch of his brow signaled his own irretation.  "Just because your life is sad doesn't mean your words have any more weight than mine."

Ugh, he thought as he stood up, getting out of his seat.  This guy is one of those stupid hero types.

Marcus pointed his finger directly at the man's chest, growling with the intensity of someone who wanted to fight.  "So what?  Your not scared of the dark, big whoop.  Heroes and villan's aren't all that different.  I would know.  Ive played both.  If you want my respect, you'll have to earn it."

Aiden

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: January 12, 2018, 03:14:59 AM »
Sage

She had given herself a challenge to start her journey off right: walk out of the great big forest she'd protected all her life in a human form. Not only that, but Sage couldn't ask the animals or plants around her for directions! No, she could only use her gifts to hunt for food along the way; she would find her way out the hard way. It had taken much longer than Sage was expecting, and she'd gotten so lost even she couldn't figure out where she'd gone!

The druid knew every inch of her territory, no matter how big it was, so this meant someone had done something weird - or she'd somehow missed this part? Sage really didn't know, and touching a tree trunk here and there left her feeling like a stranger. This land had never known her... and that meant she was going in the right direction. She settled in to hunt and gather, part of the challenge, and get to know the locals! And by locals she meant birds and rodents and stuff. Sage took the shapes of burrowing things and climbing things to explore where the clumsy human body couldn't, and rested in a bough of branches.

The sun fell three times before she moved on to continue her journey, stopping here and there and encountering stranger places still. One had once been a thriving grove fed by ashen soil, now a burnt and battered ruin left by magic or monsters. Sage sighed in regret for not being there to protect it, then settled in to send thick tendrils of her own mana deep into the earth. She knelt in place at the center of the destruction and breathed deeply, drawing in nature and pushing out power. She became one with the broken land - a substitute heart to fill it with life until it was ready to be on its own. It took a two risings of the sun to set it on the path to recovery, and then the druid moved on.

She found then what she'd only seen in the distance with eagles' eyes from the sky: the big stone pillars where the humans lived. It made her way-too-small heart clench tight. So Sage took a deep breath, and sighed with a little forced smile. "Well, I knew this part was coming. At least I'll get to see if it's anything like the books!"

-------------------------

It was sorta like the books, but not really. There were all sorts of big moving metal things, black clouds choking the air, way too many humans in one place, and almost no wildlife worth mentioning at first glance! She was getting looks too, some of them strange and others a little predictable. Sorry humans, I'm not in my mating cycle! Sage stuck to smiling and waving and trying not to look nervous even though she was twirling her human form's long green hair a bit at the ends with her fingers.

Too many.

EmbreFrosste

• ಠ_ಠ
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: January 12, 2018, 03:27:12 AM »

Medaka

Medaka looked a bit dissapointed, thinking Adreinne would know much more about his abilities than her own nature.  However, it was interesting just how abstract her abilities seemed to be.  Somehow, this felt different than magic.

"I see," Medaka said, placing a finger on her chin.  She had to be sure.  "Is this a form of magic?"

Adrienne

"I'm not a very experienced magic user, but I know the feeling of magic moving through my body. I know that the power itself is not magic, but the power exists because of magic. During the 'incident' I mentioned, I felt magic changing me, but I have not felt it since that day when using any of the things I gained from it."
EmbreFrosste - Today at 9:54 PM
We need Sir Blasty McSplode the Dark JoJo.

Taakoking - Today at 9:55 PM
Snrk

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: January 12, 2018, 03:52:51 AM »
Joe

Joe gave her a nervous smile, scratching his cheek as he said, "Well would you believe me if I said i'm really nervous?  I was talking tough before but i've honestly never done anything this big.  Plus, I think I was sort of talking too much..."

The last time he got one over on the superwoman was because of a boob grab.  This time, he was facing her a second time.  I will earn those boobs! he thought, hoping to whatever god watched over the nexus that neither of them could read minds.  I will earn all the boobs.

And so, with that thought in mind, he strode confidently towards the center of the court, ready to face his destiny.

yinsukin

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: January 12, 2018, 04:02:47 AM »
Medaka

So there were other ways to draw from the strange power known as "magic."  This was vary interesting but more so than that, the blue haired girl was interested in something else.

"I see," she said, adjusting a strand of hair as she looked up at the boy.  "But tell me, what have you gained?"

EmbreFrosste

• ಠ_ಠ
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: January 12, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
Adrienne

Adrienne looked out into the distance for a few moments, thinking about how much she should say. She settled on starting with the pieces that weren't her greatest strengths and only withholding the rest if she happened not to ask.

"Well, because of the 'thoughtform' thing I told you about, I can step back and forth between reality and the place that 'thoughtforms' belong. Of course if I try to step back into reality from a different part of that place, I might not end up in the same reality I came from. And that's kind of how I ended up here."
EmbreFrosste - Today at 9:54 PM
We need Sir Blasty McSplode the Dark JoJo.

Taakoking - Today at 9:55 PM
Snrk

Thedoctor

« Reply #20906 on: January 12, 2018, 08:12:43 PM »
Neptune

"Hey!" She rushed back and grabbed the offensive tail and pulled her with all the might of a simple annoyed human. "Stop trying to seduce my ex captain, I'm the only one allowed to that!" She declared something so silly, but she did it sounding entirely one hundred percent serious. This demon lady was reallt stealing the spotlight from her.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:00 PM »
Julius

"I need no respect nor I want to strive for it. I do the thankless job of protecting people. One day I get showered with praise but another day I am viewed like a lunatic who should have settled down instead of picking up fights. Yet I stubbornly fulfill my role." The Count stood up and declared full of convinction.

Fickle people like this man probably were even less respected by Julius than unabashed crooks and villains. Playing both? He would know? What a farce. Many of enemies he encountered were wiser even if steeped into evil and didn't take the difference between the light and the dark, the virtue and the vice, the good and the evil as lightly. 

Thedoctor

« Reply #20908 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »
Jeanne

At the center of the court a lone blond woman was awaiting them, but she wasn't merely standing still and waiting for them, no she was actively moving around practicing the art of dribbling. Even in the short time they'd been gone, a noticeble improvement could be seen in her technique, no longer was she fumbling with the ball. She strode forward confidently at a brisk pace the ball hand switching back and forth as she moved it in front of her.

Then just like that she stopped as she noticed them and caught the ball without slipping up.

"AH I see, numerological superiority. You plan to swarm me with people to cover for your own failings." She couldn't help but teasng him when she saw the number of people he had brought. It would be rude though to not greet them at the very least. Thus she bowed deeply to them.

"HI! I'm Jeanne, I hope you will all have fun and try your hardest here!"

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: January 12, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
Jeanne Alter

Jeanne smirked at the man flying at her through the air. Idiot. He should have dodged.

Too late! She told Sakura. The fire burst forward towards the man just as he grabbed her neck, instantly consuming his hand as the fire enveloped it, spears bursting forth from all directions to pierce him as the fire consumed the fool's body.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end