Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 193380 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #19185 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:28 AM »
Swims-With-Salmons

"Ehh, seems so? Something really distracted her or caught her attention, but with my eyesight I shouldn't have any problem about tracking her. So it's your call if you want to pursue her." As long as she wouldn't be blamed for aiding and abetting the stalker. She would just pretend he could detect Neptune on his own, so that she could throw him under figurative (or literal) bus if she got into trouble.

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: October 12, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
Lorenzo

The pirate acted purely on reflex, you may call it instinct or whatever, but the woman's voice or words didn't even register until after he shot the fireball straight at her, incinerating the intruder into a black charred mummy.

"Oh crap. I've done it. I've really done it this time." The pirate was biting his fiery nails as he looked down at his handiwork. His expression was the sort that said this was bad. Really bad.

"Hey, sorry Ellie, but it looks like I have work to do, so you're going to have to leave." He said, his last words sounding kind of ominous. Digging bodies was no casual thing to do, but maybe there was more to it than that.

The ship immediately moved at immense speeds, crossing a great distance as it descended on a rooftop like a sword of fire that cleaved the skies in half while he grabbed the blackened corpse and flew the opposite direction. Or was it a corpse? Did he really not realize who had entered his heart in that moment? Of course not!

The fiery man landed line a burning pillar behind the silver-haired girl, burnt body in hand. He just tossed it on the ground at her feet.

"Yo."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:53:24 PM by francobull3 »

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: October 12, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »
Dr. Nimdok

"You are at a hospital, dear. My name is Dr.Nimdok, and this is my assistant Sarah." The nurse bowed in a curtsy. "You have been unconscious for some time, but your wounds and injuries have fully healed by now. I am happy to say your treatment was a success. You are free to go, but first we would like to ask you some questions. But before that, please, enjoy." He waved his arm to the platter full of food.

Considering the fact she just regained consciousness, she'd need strength, and it was only expected that the sight of food would be even more irresistible than ever.

Umbra of Chaos

• Don't talk to me or my son ever again
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: October 12, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »
Alicia

In time the group split off with Alicia and Ito heading to the surface, but it was to her slight surprise that she found herself with him amongst graves. She kneeled by one of them, eyes only a bit forlorn. "Did you know them?"

Lucy

The body dissolved into dark smoke as it struck the ground, but Lucy didn't seem too bothered. "Jeez, Lorenzo. You sure know how to make a girl wait. Didn't you want to seem me again? I thought you wanted me." A pout crossed her features.

"You didn't have to kill them all, y'know. They're alive. They feel things, and think their own thoughts, even if they do listen to me. But what's ten murders to us? I'll forgive you. So why don't you invite me up?"
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
Lorenzo

"Gee, you're making me look like a bad guy here." He rubbed the back of his skull awkwardly before flicking her forehead, pouting as well. "C'mon, don't pout like that. Just thinking of all the wrinkles your face'll get just breaks my heart. I'm here, so if you got something to say to me shoot."

Ito

The ninja was caught by surprise at her question, but his eyes soon gave in to sadness. "No."

He looked down at the graves solemnly. Even if they became mindless monsters, they had to have been human once. They probably had hopes, dreams, families, loved ones, and things to laugh and be happy about. He envied that girl. If her creed was true, then he had no doubt he would find himself in hell. But he didn't care about that. At least, he wanted to honor their memory in the now.

"Can you pray for them?" He asked her, his face looked pleading for a second.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:56:40 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: October 12, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »
Lucy

"Hmph! You were probably picking up girls, weren't you? You don't want me up there because you want to keep them to yourself." Lucy frowned and poked him right at the center of his skull in return. "But if you want to get right to business I can do that. Do you want to help me with a little tussle or two?"
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »
Lorenzo

The pirate was surprised, but his expression was as blank as it was accepting. He didn't even hesitate. "Sure. Someone bothering you? Hmph, unforgivable! Only I am allowed to do that!" He joked. "Ah, and don't worry about having to repay me or anything. You know what I want." He grinned amiably.

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: October 12, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »
Lucy

"Well, there's going to be this tournament! And I'm doing a bit of scheming to make sure I grab the only prize that matters. So I need someone strong to shoo away all the weaklings and get the strong ones real pumped for this fight!" But then she held out her pinky finger.

"But I know a rogue like you won't do anything for free. Winning is real important for me, so I'll give you something important too. If you help me win, I'll grant you a body. Just as good as the old one! Blood in your veins, flesh on your bones, the mad pump of your heart. That'll be your reward."
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: October 12, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
Lorenzo

"Woah woah woah! Slow down lass. That's a lot of information for a really short amount of time." He held his hands out as if trying to push the mass of info away from crushing him. Despite that he seemed to genuinely be thinking on what she just said, putting a finger on his chin as if to think.

"Heh, you sly dog. Your prize must be one helluva prize for you to ask me of all people. Who am I to deny a damsel in distress? A gauntlet of battles, the winner takes all, valorous warriors clashing bodies and soul to come on top! Oooooo, this gets my blood pumping already! Hehehehe! You sure know how to catch a fish. You've got just one thing wrong. I don't care about a body right now. There's one thing I want."

His grin turned wolfish as he revealed his true intentions. His fire seemed to glo and intensify around his eyes.

"I want a rematch."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:06:51 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »
Alicia

Alicia nodded and clasped her hands, head bowed. "Oh Lord, forgive these resting dead of their sins. I pray that their hearts were turned towards You before the end, that they might sit by Your side in Heaven and live life eternal."

"And Lord, I pray for their murderer. That they might repent for their heinous crimes, that their hardened hearts may become soft. For truly, the worst among us are in the greatest need of Your aid. Just as You sat among sinners before I beg that Your presence be with this one. That they might turn from their way and find peace in You."

Lucy

"Bah!" Lucy wave her hand dismissively. "Then you'll have to wait. I'm grounded from using that. And I don't really want to fight you with those toys again. Don't you want a real battle, to really fight me as I am? With real weapons and actual power! Then you'll have to help me get my prize. I'll even get myself all pretty just for you!"

The pinky finger waggled a bit. "I promise!"
hamara
was the best antag

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: October 12, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »
Vanguard

"Hmph." He let go of her arm as roughly as he picked it. Despite that, his features somewhat softened. "I see. That is unfortunate. But I'm glad you both made it back." He told her with no hint of gentleness, but there was a hint of concern in his words.

"You've worked well so far. I think a reward is long overdue. Is there anything you wish for?"

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: October 12, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »
Lorenzo

"Haha, sure! It wouldn't be a rematch if you were holding back now would it? Such a cheap victory won't settle our score." He seemed pleased and agreeing, but all of a sudden, something unexpected happened. A merciless karate chop slammed on the poor Lucy's head, bearing no pity whatsoever.

"Don't you think your approach is a little too on the nose? I'm not that easy to manipulate."

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: October 12, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
Ito

The ninja didn't interrupt in any way. He just listened to her prayer and stared at the graves, thinking of her words. He only had one thing to say once she was done.

"Amen."

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: October 12, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
Nep-Nep

The sound of popcorn being devoured greedily could be heard on the rooftop, cutting of the discussion between the flaming skeleton and the silver haired woman.

"Really guys, a tournament and you're not even inviting the heroine, this is goddess discrimination." The purple haired girl in question was sitting on top of a nearby chimney munching on the bag of popcorn that she somehown managed to hold on to after her freefall. She turned to look at Lucy. "And don't think I've forgotten, I'm gonna save Noire from your evil clutches."

Umbra of Chaos

• Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Lucy

"Owwwww!" She rubbed her head with her hands, light leaking from them to get rid of the pain in a heartbeat. "I don't know about that. In this case, honesty seems like the best policy. Wouldn't you have been even meaner if I tried lying? Let's have some fun, Lorenzo."

"What's going to happen next, it'll be pretty exciting. There will be friends, and adventure, and fights, and death, and a little dirty dealing! Come on this adventure with me." She knew that Noire's friend had made her appearance but Lucy had to wrap up!

Once she finished Lucy just bowed her head, letting out a good natured laugh. "Of course! That's the way things work. Goddesses may go unsaved for a while but not forever. Although you should probably be shooting for my boss rather than me. He's a real pervert."

Alicia

She eventually stood up, casting one last glance at the graves before looking at the man. "I don't suppose you managed to catch the killer? I would have wished to speak with them. Even if the justice of man demands their death, a chance to repent lost is a sad thing."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:37:13 PM by Umbra of Chaos »
hamara
was the best antag