Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread  (Read 193207 times)

yinsukin

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #15495 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
Hazel

With a gentle push, Hazel clicked shut the back of her car's trunk.  The sleek black BMW was now holding the body of her fallen comrade, Kuma.  Turning her head to the side, she caught Parker leaning up against the door to the backseat.

"Take his body back and tell the others," she said, removing the cigarette from her mouth to speak.  A small puff escaped her lips as she spoke.  "I'm going for a walk."

Parker nodded, biting his lip as he looked down at the closed trunk.  The second his eyes met hers, he said,  "If I may, I'd like to say something before I go.  It's not your fault."

She met his gaze with a lethargic stare, her eyes twinkling with a tinge of sadness.  She immediately turned around and began walking away.  "I know," she said, starting her path down the sidewalk.  "Its his fault for underestimating the children of this city.  He dug his own grave."

She could hear the sound of an engine revving as she walked away, followed by tires grinding against the city streets.  "That doesn't mean I can't miss him."

Hazel took small contemplative steps as she walked down the city streets.  She took her time as she passed each shop, taking in the architecture, and people that surrounded it. It was nice to filter the thoughts of her surroundings with the ones in her own head, especially at times like these, where the world just seemed to exist.  Its almost evil, how the world moves on, even when someone dies.

After passing a block or two, she ran into something tht caused her face to grimace with annoyance.  A young lady was apologizing to a store owner for some reason, while a young man stood triumphantly holding another in his whip.  She strolled over to the man and tapped him on the back.  "What are you doing?" she asked.

francobull3

• Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: April 19, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
Costin

Costin smiled and gave Jasey a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"You know, I was honestly surprised. I didn't think someone would ask me out like that, much less a murderer as cute as you." She played with her hair a bit, then leaned on the girl. Cold dainty fingers traced down her lovely curves while she smiled. "It was pretty bold of you, I don't dislike it. Though we do have a problem now..."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:40:13 PM by francobull3 »

francobull3 - Today at 8:12 PM nazis are pretty cool

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: April 19, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »
Black Heart

Black Heart laughed at him with a faint undertone of embarrassment, and then pressed her body up against his. "Ohhhh, so do you read naughty books? How crude William~" she teased him before she stepped back. "I like reading all sorts of books." She flew up to the higher shelves and looked at the selection. "Oh, are these history books?" She asked. "Are they about the Nexus?"

She pulled one off and began reading it. "Huh, doesn't seem like it." She said, putting it back on the shelf.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: April 19, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
William

She was correct about those books not being on the history of the Nexus but she were wrong if she thought her teasing would go unanswered. "No those books are from the original owners, they seem to have passed away some time ago and left a collection on Homunculi among other things." He chuckled a bit. "Heh.. And then they came into my possession."

He leaned in closer and whispered. "I only read those 'naughty books' for inspiration. And I wouldn't recommend teasing so much Noire, or do you think you can handle it?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Don't talk to me or my son ever again
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: April 19, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
Lucy

If the other girl was particularly phased about being stopped she certainly didn't show it. Instead she sighed and nuzzled up against the rider. "You just have to change your perspective, Raf. Show a bit og empathy, hmm? What if this world is simply confused? A nascent bubble grasping out blindly, searching for meaning."

"Why not show it what really matters?"

Jasey

This was all a little... distracting. Her own hands grasped the vampire, pulling her just a bit closer. "Well, I am a bit blunt. If there's something I want I just go for it. It's not like there are a lot of things that can really stop or hurt me either. But what's the problem?"
francobull3 - Today at 3:36 PM
hamara
was the best antag

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: April 19, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
Black Heart

"Hey hey hey, let's not get too crazy." Noire told him, backing away. "You'll get what I give you and no more." She said, speaking very slowly to make sure he understood. Hopefully he wasn't a deviant like Sadie. That would be bad. Extremely terrible. She'd be screwed if he was like her.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:26 PM »
William

He matched her pace perfectly, maintaining the exact same distance as she tried to back away. It was a futile decision. He was grinning now. Noe the real fun had begun.

"Do you really think I'd let a naughty little girl like you escape? It's high time for you to get your well deserved punishemnt. This will be fun."

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: April 19, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
Black Heart

The girl pushed him back, gently yet forcefully. "Seriously William, I'm not interested in that kind of play. Stop." She replied, making it very clear she wasn't comfortable with this.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: April 19, 2017, 10:58:15 PM »
William

"Aww can't even get a hug, you wound me so greatly. Oh what a world, to be cast down by the illustrious goddess herself." He was laying it on real thick. Then he turned to look at her seriously. "What's with the reaction even? It was a joke."

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
Black Heart

"I have um, a dear friend who... gets way too pushy..." Black Heart said suspiciously, obviously hiding the truth from him. "Do you have a fireplace in this big castle? A fire would be nice." She told him, smiling at him while looking past him, too embarressed by her outburst to do so.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: April 19, 2017, 11:09:55 PM »
William

"Yeah follow me." He walked out of the library and turned back in the direction they had initially come from, walking with a determined pace.

Are you sure it's nothing? It's sounds like you and this friend have some history together." He pushed a bit deeper this time than before using the question to jogg her memories and bring what he wanted to the surface, he should be able to observe a scene like this, although he couldn't be entirely sure what he'd see. This method was rather indirect after all, it had a very low chance of her detecting anything though.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: April 19, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »
Noire

"Yes, I'm sure about it." She told him as she followed him, wrapping her arm against him and leaning her head. She didn't notice William trying to intrude, but none of the memories came to the surface, as if they were all locked away and buried deep within her mind.

Thedoctor

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: April 19, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
William

Only images of some very short girl with white hair and a plushy flashed him by. That was odd. Why would she have such a reaction over such a cute girl? An odd question he could really ask her right now, perhaps later.

He opened a new door which brought them to a room with a nice fireplace and a sofa with a table right next to it. Other than that there were only some paintings of questionable taste lining the walls, picturing landscapes that appeared to have been painted by sub par artists.

Not mindind that he lit the fireplace and then sat down at the sofa next to her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her concerned about her earlier outburst. Well appearing to be conerned at least.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: April 19, 2017, 11:39:34 PM »
Oka Kurosawa

"No point in doing anything fancy like that." Oka said, dismissing Anastasia's concerns. "Wormy, Fiery Dance." She told him quietly. "Set it ablaze."

With that said, Oka suddenly began running back with Sylveon in tow. "Come on, get back here where it's safe!" She called out to the other two.

Meanwhile, Wormy had begun to dance rapidly, flinging scales off of his wings and blowing them into the room, setting it utterly ablaze. The heat was amazingly fierce, even from that far away. Inside it was even worse, as if someone had set the entire cave itself on fire.

Sylveon had summoned up a protective barrier, protecting them from the worst of the heat. Eventually, it died down, and the cave began to cool off.

"Who wants to go first?" Oka asked in a jokey manner.

Sinib

• Administrator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: April 19, 2017, 11:43:19 PM »
Noire

While he was lighting the fire, the goddess suddenly said "oh." and detransformed. As William sat down next to him, she snuggled up against him, holding onto his arm, like couples did in the games. It felt kinda nice. She liked it.

"I feel fine, why?" The girl asked him softly, basking in the warmth of the fire.