Author Topic: Fate/Extra CCC  (Read 14628 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Extra CCC
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 02:16:25 AM »
While I'm not an absolute authority since I can't moon rune, I have played the game to an extent, so I can help clear some of this up. :)

Ah, good.

Though I'm sure some moon runer is gonna come in and correct me on these things someday, but I think I'm at least 96% correct on stuff. :P

Yeah, I hope so :P

Spoiler for Putting all this into this spoiler tag so I can talk freely: This is just basically how the plot starts, but with some MASSIVE SPOILERS, so open with care:

That same day, the MC finds Sakura ill and takes her to the nurse's office.

Hang on, but isn't Sakura the nurse? :P

Later that evening (or the next day, my memory on the Prologue is a bit fuzzy), the school is attacked by shadow monsters like the ones Dark Sakura summons in Heaven's Feel, and they attack the students. MC sees Shinji get snagged by one of them and flees to the roof.

Hmm, interesting. I assume that's caused by BB....

S/he is cornered, but is told by a voice to jump (I think, I cannot moon rune).

See, jumping is useful for more than just showing off :P

It turns out that the world the MC was in was a fabrication- the real Far Side reveals itself (or something like that).  Now the MC's goal is to figure out what is going on, who is the cause, and the true nature of that fabricated dream world and their separation from their Servant. Connected to all this is a mysterious dungeon known as the Sakura Labyrinth, the portal to which is a large, glowing cherry tree next to the old school building that now serves as the MC's headquarters.

Hmm, interesting....

Presumably you've not got as far as actually working it out yet....
Spoiler for Spoilers here too. Sakura log:
BB herself is playful and mischievous while also being sinister and cruel. Many of the other magi she has found have been tortured for their magic circuits, and is responsible for messing with the minds of Rin, Rani, and later Jinako in such a way that their Secret Gardens must be unlocked to not only progress through the Sakura Labyrinth, but to free the girls themselves as well. Secret Gardens are not limited to these girls however, as the MC's own Servant has one, as do the Alter Egos and even BB herself.

Yeah, BB does seem like a very interesting character. She seems playful, but at the same time tortures people she captures.

Why is she doing that, anyway? I mean, why does she need magic circuits, and why is torture necessary to extract them?

Passion Lip is far more on the Passive side than BB. However, she is somewhat Berserker-like in nature, as she can be rather aggressive when finally provoked into anger. Her attack patterns also resemble those of someone from a Berserker class.

Hmm, I see.

She is rather soft spoken and, in a sense, strives for those ideals often associated with being a good housewife. She develops an obsession with the MC due to kindness shown regardless of their gender, and refers to them as her "Prince."

Hmm, so that sounds like a sort-of combination between Normal Sakura and Dark Sakura....

She is often harassed by (Green) Archer, and is harassed quite a bit in general, including by Alice and Nursery Rhyme. She acts as a recycle bin of sorts, with bits of junk data being stored in her freakishly large breasts, which causes them to increase in size.

Lol, I see. So, that explains how they got so large, then?

In a bad ending, the MC will be turned into a cube and stored in Passion Lip's breasts for the rest of eternity (creepy huh?).

Hmm, odd. How does that end up happening...?

In other words, Passion Lip is often docile, soft-spoken and sweet, but quite yandere, and will become quite aggressive regarding certain things revolving around the object of her obsession.

Ah, OK.

As for Jinako, she's more than a bit of a hikikomori and tends to hide out in her room on most occasions. Her Servant is Karna (yes, that Karna). He acts as somwhat of a father figure to her, urging her to leave her room, but with not much success. Jinako prefers to stay safe in her room eating various snack foods and playing video games. She is the Number One gaming champion. She is, however, willing to help regardless, and is a valuable member of the MC's team. She's also somewhat silly and definitely very geeky, but she's adorable because of it. :3

Ah, OK. She sounds pretty nice, actually, although she's blatantly put in to appeal to the expected market (that being hikikomori guys :P).
Well, based on what I've read:

Spoiler for CCC:
It's sort-of a sequel. It follows on from week 5 of the original game, and all the masters in the far-side were sucked in milliseconds before they were deleted.
Which, still goes with the "different route" thing I said. :P

Well, yeah, a bit.  The point is that they are connected.

Pretty much what Cherry Lover said,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Though they were sucked up from the Near Side, not the Far Side. :3 It was the Far Side where they were spirited away to

Isn't that what I said?

It's kinda both in a sense, and really depends on which ending you get. Some endings tie in with Fate/Extra's ending, others are sort of like a different route, just like KAIZA said. So in a way it's both.  ;D

Spoiler for CCC:
Are you referring to the servant endings which, IIRC, involve looping back into Extra again?

Then how does Gil work? And how is rin not a master, or rather then it means rin is canon while rani isn't, I'm ok with that BTW  just probably piss others off

Spoiler for split:
I think the point where CCC diverges comes before the route split in Extra, actually.

And I just discovered what "CCC" stands for... But I didn't except it to be THAT...

What is it, then?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:17:27 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
That will be week four then

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 02:21:20 AM »
And I just discovered what "CCC" stands for... But I didn't except it to be THAT...

What is it, then?

Spoiler for Hiden:
CCC stands for "Cursed Cutting Crater", and is the name of BB's NP.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »
That will be week four then

Hmm, possibly not, then, although I'm not totally sure.

What is it, then?

Spoiler for Hiden:
CCC stands for "Cursed Cutting Crater", and is the name of BB's NP.

Ah, OK.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2013, 02:29:39 AM »
Isn't that what I said?
Nope, you said it the other way around- it was probably just a typo. :)
Spoiler for CCC:
Are you referring to the servant endings which, IIRC, involve looping back into Extra again?
Spoiler for Not quite:
Basically, besides the CCC ending there's the Extra ending and the individual Servant endings. Extra ending obviously just loops back into Extra. The Servant endings, however, vary somewhat. Archer's is similar to the Extra ending for example, but the MC wakes up in their real body, and a living breathing Archer is assigned as his/her survival coach. Caster's I know involves staying on the Far Side, and Saber's I don't really remember as well, but I think hers involves staying on the Far Side as well. Gil's also loops into the Extra ending somewhat, but then what Gabrielios described happens. So again, it just really varies with the Servant.

Spoiler for split:
I think the point where CCC diverges comes before the route split in Extra, actually.
Spoiler for Extra route stuff:
It's actually after the split- it's after Gato/Lil' Ronnie is defeated and is the round with Julius- it's actually week 5.
As for uber massive spoiler post of doom, (the first half of your post) I'll get to answering that in a bit. :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:33:04 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2013, 02:38:44 AM »
Isn't that what I said?
Nope, you said it the other way around- it was probably just a typo. :)

Ah, OK.

Spoiler for CCC:
Spoiler for Not quite:
Basically, besides the CCC ending there's the Extra ending and the individual Servant endings. Extra ending obviously just loops back into Extra. The Servant endings, however, vary somewhat. Archer's is similar to the Extra ending for example, but the MC wakes up in their real body, and a living breathing Archer is assigned as his/her survival coach. Caster's I know involves staying on the Far Side, and Saber's I don't really remember as well, but I think hers involves staying on the Far Side as well. Gil's also loops into the Extra ending somewhat, but then what Gabrielios described happens. So again, it just really varies with the Servant.

Ah, I see.

Spoiler for split:
Spoiler for Extra route stuff:
It's actually after the split- it's after Gato/Lil' Ronnie is defeated and is the round with Julius- it's actually week 5.
As for uber massive spoiler post of doom, (the first half of your post) I'll get to answering that in a bit. :P

Ah, OK. So, it does follow one of the routes but we don't know which?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 04:36:27 AM »
Yup, that's pretty much it, at least from what I understand. :) ...Also, I will get to answering that spoiler post of doom. Eventually. ^_^"

Gabriel

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »
I've decided after playing CCC that GilgameshXMain is the most terrifying master/servant team in Fate/stay history. Even worse then Kotomine and Gilgamesh.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 09:46:14 AM »
It makes sense- he's freaking Gilgamesh, and he/she forcefully tears and dives into their enemies' own psyches and exposes everything about them. ...which really is pretty scary, if you think about it. O_O

Gabriel

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
It is worse then normal Gilgamesh though. Was reading some of his scenes and he basically flat out later in the game tells the Main that all he has to do is say "Gilgamesh I think you should do X" Or "Gilgamesh I believe this treasure would be useful" and Gil will pull that treasure out instantly and this is Including EA as well. Gilgamesh is seriusly willing to pull EA out the moment the guy/girl asks. Gilgamesh and the main near the end is basically Gilgamesh 100 percent serious and actually listening to a cooler head.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
...Now that you've explained it in more detail.... I'm starting to think you're 100% right. D: To be honest, I've only used Archer so far and haven't thought about Gil too much, so I didn't think of all that. ^_^" But yeah, I feel sorry for anyone who has to face them by the time the endgame rolls around.

Gabriel

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
Yeah. Honestly I love the Gil route the best because of the dynamics. They start out flat out hating each other and giving death threats constantly. But as it goes on and they get to know each other Gilgamesh starts mellowing out while the main starts getting more snarky with him. Which is a rather interesting change from the other three servants who really start out already liking the Protagonist. You can really feel the growth of the characters in that route.

So far I think it goes something like Gilgamesh>Saber=Archer<Caster route wise.

Nerroth

• NPC
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 07:07:45 AM »
In the midst of a new interview with Aksys posted on Siliconera, the subject of whether or not they will handle Fate/Extra CCC was raised. (Un)surprisingly, a straight answer was not on the cards:

So... you worked on Fate/Extra and I heard that Fate/Extra CCC was being shopped around to publishers… can you say if Aksys is working on this at all?

Hmm… I heard about the game and it was released in Japan. Fate/Extra is a great game and I highly recommend everybody pick it up, but don’t start with Caster unless you like frustration for the first hour of the game. And my answer is: yes, I like curry very much.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »
Wow, yeah, that is a really uninformative answer.

Still, I assume that means they are at least considering it, although I imagine that it also means it's not by any means certain just yet.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
I think Gil x Twice would make most sense.

Both hate stagnation of the modern world and both have radical solutions to the problem. Gil by culling unworthy through AM mud Bond Villain plot, Twice by causing a massive world war to change things (and then a war occassionally once things get fixed). He is in right, kind of, by thinking that it's a good solution. WW2 kickstarted modern age by introducing fundaments of many modern technologies. From computers to nuclear energy.