Author Topic: Fate/Extra CCC  (Read 14640 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Extra CCC
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »
Well, that BB stuff does seem rather amusing, although IIRC she does have a nastier side to her (as demonstrated by the torture chambers where she rips out the circuits of masters...).
But of course; that's part of what makes her so interesting. :) Though I just listened to the song that plays while the BB channel segments play, and it's really kinda creepy. So I think they were trying to set up that sort of surreal juxtaposition of funny/disturbing on purpose with her.

Well, yeah, true. I guess she is still Sakura, though, so being basically nice deep-down is something I'd expect....

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:13 AM »
Jinako is adorable.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
Yeah, I have found myself rather liking the sound of her.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
she does sound interesting

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 10:58:51 PM »
Hmm, so, what actually goes on in CCC? What's the point of it?

Also, what are the different Sakura's like? And Jinako, also?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »
Hmm, so, what actually goes on in CCC? What's the point of it?

Also, what are the different Sakura's like? And Jinako, also?
While I'm not an absolute authority since I can't moon rune, I have played the game to an extent, so I can help clear some of this up. :) Though I'm sure some moon runer is gonna come in and correct me on these things someday, but I think I'm at least 96% correct on stuff. :P
Spoiler for Putting all this into this spoiler tag so I can talk freely: This is just basically how the plot starts, but with some MASSIVE SPOILERS, so open with care:
Basically the MC is going on with their day to day life when they go inside a closet and find Jinako inside.

She also encounters a strange nun. We'll get to her another time. S/he also encounters a fair few notable people from the first game, such as Leo, Shinji, Rin, and Rani.
That same day, the MC finds Sakura ill and takes her to the nurse's office.

Later that evening (or the next day, my memory on the Prologue is a bit fuzzy), the school is attacked by shadow monsters like the ones Dark Sakura summons in Heaven's Feel, and they attack the students. MC sees Shinji get snagged by one of them and flees to the roof. S/he is cornered, but is told by a voice to jump (I think, I cannot moon rune). S/he does, and has something like this happen:

It turns out that their Servant was the one calling out to them (?). They were separated, but the strength of their bond brought them back together. It turns out that the world the MC was in was a fabrication- the real Far Side reveals itself (or something like that).  Now the MC's goal is to figure out what is going on, who is the cause, and the true nature of that fabricated dream world and their separation from their Servant. Connected to all this is a mysterious dungeon known as the Sakura Labyrinth, the portal to which is a large, glowing cherry tree next to the old school building that now serves as the MC's headquarters.

Into this place they must delve to find the answers they seek. 
Spoiler for Spoilers here too. Sakura log:
Besides the Nurse Sakura NPC mentioned earlier, there are of course BB and her two Alter Egos, Passion Lip and Meltlilith:

BB herself is a bit of an enigma at this point for me since I'm only at the start of Chapter 4, but she's incredibly interesting regardless. She's the apparent mastermind behind all this (though there may be more sinister forces at work, as revealed in the CCC route), and contacts our Student Council via the BB Channel:

BB herself is playful and mischievous while also being sinister and cruel. Many of the other magi she has found have been tortured for their magic circuits, and is responsible for messing with the minds of Rin, Rani, and later Jinako in such a way that their Secret Gardens must be unlocked to not only progress through the Sakura Labyrinth, but to free the girls themselves as well. Secret Gardens are not limited to these girls however, as the MC's own Servant has one, as do the Alter Egos and even BB herself.

Passion Lip is far more on the Passive side than BB. However, she is somewhat Berserker-like in nature, as she can be rather aggressive when finally provoked into anger. Her attack patterns also resemble those of someone from a Berserker class. She is rather soft spoken and, in a sense, strives for those ideals often associated with being a good housewife. She develops an obsession with the MC due to kindness shown regardless of their gender, and refers to them as her "Prince." She is often harassed by (Green) Archer, and is harassed quite a bit in general, including by Alice and Nursery Rhyme. She acts as a recycle bin of sorts, with bits of junk data being stored in her freakishly large breasts, which causes them to increase in size. In a bad ending, the MC will be turned into a cube and stored in Passion Lip's breasts for the rest of eternity (creepy huh?). In other words, Passion Lip is often docile, soft-spoken and sweet, but quite yandere, and will become quite aggressive regarding certain things revolving around the object of her obsession.

Melty, the last one, I don't know so much about yet since she's a later chapter. She has a very nice voice. She is on the more aggressive side, but has more of a cool personality as far as I can tell- in other words, less hotheaded than Passion Lip could be. Interestingly, if you play with the Archer/Fem MC pairing, she will go yandere over Archer instead of the MC, but will favor the Male MC over Archer if you are using the Archer/Male MC pairing instead.

As for Jinako, she's more than a bit of a hikikomori and tends to hide out in her room on most occasions. Her Servant is Karna (yes, that Karna). He acts as somwhat of a father figure to her, urging her to leave her room, but with not much success. Jinako prefers to stay safe in her room eating various snack foods and playing video games. She is the Number One gaming champion. She is, however, willing to help regardless, and is a valuable member of the MC's team. She's also somewhat silly and definitely very geeky, but she's adorable because of it. :3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:19:33 AM by Alice »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 01:26:39 AM »
I just want to know if the game is a sequel or not

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 01:27:31 AM »
From what I remember reading, it's supposed to be like a separate route...so, no.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 01:30:53 AM »
Then why do the servants act like they know you?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 01:31:22 AM »
Well, based on what I've read:

Spoiler for CCC:
It's sort-of a sequel. It follows on from week 5 of the original game, and all the masters in the far-side were sucked in milliseconds before they were deleted.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 01:33:39 AM »
Well, based on what I've read:

Spoiler for CCC:
It's sort-of a sequel. It follows on from week 5 of the original game, and all the masters in the far-side were sucked in milliseconds before they were deleted.
Which, still goes with the "different route" thing I said. :P

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 01:41:23 AM »
Pretty much what Cherry Lover said,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Though they were sucked up from the Near Side, not the Far Side. :3 It was the Far Side where they were spirited away to

It's kinda both in a sense, and really depends on which ending you get. Some endings tie in with Fate/Extra's ending, others are sort of like a different route, just like KAIZA said. So in a way it's both.  ;D

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »
Then how does Gil work? And how is rin not a master, or rather then it means rin is canon while rani isn't, I'm ok with that BTW  just probably piss others off

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2013, 02:01:12 AM »
Spoiler for Moar Spoilers:
Both of their Servants are gone. Lizzy Lancer shows up as both Rani and Rin's Servant in their respective chapters. It's Rani in fact that has to endure her horrible yet adorable song. Rin and Rani essentially act as part of Mission Control while the MC goes out and does stuff. The Extra ending ends with Rani I think, though I'm not sure. I don't know if anyone has tested or said anything about whether your save game file from Extra effects that ending or not. No one ending is confirmed as canon as far as I can tell, since both Gatou and Lil' Ronnie both show up (though Gatou is much more prominent, and in fact becomes more awesome because of this game. Before I didn't care about him much, now I like him.

As for Goldie... I'm not really sure, I haven't been paying as close attention to the Gil route stuff really. I think he pretty much flips off the Moon Cell and does his own thing to get there, but I'm not sure at all. I'd have to look into it a bit more to be perfectly honest.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:02:31 AM by Alice »

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2013, 02:06:43 AM »
Gil is exclusive of the Far Side, it's explicitaly mentioned that he can only exist there, though...

His route ends like that:
Spoiler for Hiden:
*back at the Near Side*

Gil: Hi, Master.
MC: HOW?
Gil: Who cares? As if rules could restrain the great me! The moon is boring, let's go to another planet on my spaceship!

I REALLY wish I was making this up, but I'm not. Gil's route REALLY ends with him and the MC going to another planet on his ship because "lolfuckthemoon".

And I just discovered what "CCC" stands for... But I didn't except it to be THAT...