Author Topic: Fate/Extra CCC  (Read 14710 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Extra CCC
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
i hate the guy, really the only reason i have to like him is that he is a bad guy, without that Alice he's worthless to me

BlackestJudgment

• postess with the mostest
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »
To be fair, the dynamic Gil's got going with the protagonist (same goes for either gender of protagonist from what I gathered but that could be inaccurate when it comes to fine details and brass tacks) is entirely different from what the other playable Servants have. If you can stomach, or hell, find fascinating even, working under/alongside a being who can squash you into paste like the bug you comparatively are to him - a fact he frequently reminds the player of early on in gameplay - then its worth your time. It adds an element or atmosphere of unease and danger, and that does wonders to immersion.

Whereas the other Servants are already kinda already in "high love-love points mode". 

The recent Gil wank that this has led to is simultaneously frustrating and hilarious and mindboggling/eyeopening. Really hits home that his position as the so-dubbed King of Carelessness is what really results in any of his losses. Nasu's trollocity is strong as ever, especially when you consider that it's now all most def canon.

I eat that loreshit up though because I'm totally a whore for it. It's my favorite part of Type-MOON bar none. So I'm grateful either way.

Oh and Meltillis for best Sak-Pak member. Girl's got everything going on with her. And Karna is best new Servant. And Pink Lancer is a real effing piece of work.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:10:04 AM by BlackestJudgment »
<INSERT PRETTY AND WITTY AND GAY SIGNATURE OR ARTISTIC MERITOCITY HERE>

#irony #usinghashtagstomakestatesments

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
sometimes canon frustrates me particularly because there's so many myth errors but people accept a guy like Gilgamesh is unstoppable and knows everything (supposedly that's the case now which is bull shit)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
The recent Gil wank that this has led to is simultaneously frustrating and hilarious and mindboggling/eyeopening. Really hits home that his position as the so-dubbed King of Carelessness is what really results in any of his losses. Nasu's trollocity is strong as ever, especially when you consider that it's now all most def canon.
Yeah, I had noticed that Gil does basically seem to be being wanked to unbeatability. Which I'm not sure makes for a great villain....

Oh and Meltillis for best Sak-Pak member. Girl's got everything going on with her.
Lol.

Personally, I think she's missing two very important things from the front of her chest :P

sometimes canon frustrates me particularly because there's so many myth errors but people accept a guy like Gilgamesh is unstoppable and knows everything (supposedly that's the case now which is bull shit)
Well, Nasu is not an expert in ancient myths (and is Japanese, so probably has less exposure to them than we do, since the Greeks, Babylonians, Romans, Egyptians etc. not part of Japanese history in the same way as they are a part of ours), of course he's going to get things wrong. Plus, he then adds artistic license to that (which allows for things like Rider being likeable and Saber being female). So, it's not really surprising that the myths in the Nasuverse are not perfectly followed.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
Personally, I think she's missing two very important things from the front of her chest

agreed

Well, Nasu is not an expert in ancient myths (and is Japanese, so probably has less exposure to them than we do, since the Greeks, Babylonians, Romans, Egyptians etc. not part of Japanese history in the same way as they are a part of ours), of course he's going to get things wrong. Plus, he then adds artistic license to that (which allows for things like Rider being likeable and Saber being female). So, it's not really surprising that the myths in the Nasuverse are not perfectly followed.

doesn't make it any better.

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
At least Nasu's artistic license makes some things cooler. Some concepts like Avalon's Everdistant Utopia and Nine Lives are nice.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
At least Nasu's artistic license makes some things cooler. Some concepts like Avalon's Everdistant Utopia and Nine Lives are nice.
Well, yeah, of course.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
his "rules" on avalon chaff me.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:29 AM »
To be fair, the dynamic Gil's got going with the protagonist (same goes for either gender of protagonist from what I gathered but that could be inaccurate when it comes to fine details and brass tacks) is entirely different from what the other playable Servants have. If you can stomach, or hell, find fascinating even, working under/alongside a being who can squash you into paste like the bug you comparatively are to him - a fact he frequently reminds the player of early on in gameplay - then its worth your time. It adds an element or atmosphere of unease and danger, and that does wonders to immersion.

Whereas the other Servants are already kinda already in "high love-love points mode". 

Pretty much this. And Melty's pretty cool. :) The flatness may not be my thing, but it's not really off-putting for me at all either (Passion Lip's boobs though... >_<). :)

And as for the myth errors, yeah, like Cherry Lover mentioned, besides the lack of knowledge in some spots a lot of it is artistic license. Really, even if he knew the Arthurian legends, stories and retellings completely backwards and forwards in addition to all the other myths he pulls from, he would still have to pull some changes to make it work in terms of the storytelling.  Plus this is far from the only franchise to distill and alter myths like this, not by a long shot. Hell, I'd say quite a few have done quite a bit worse at it. Or at least were... very creative with their interpretation. Final Fantasy's interpretation of Gil for example. Nasu's take is far closer to the actual Epic than that at least.

But yeah, in terms of getting around any potential Goldie wankage, you just gotta remember that he is indeed the King of Carelessness. As long as you got the appropriate counter handy (see the Faker) or if you have someone handy with a good enough strategy and enough power to go toe to toe with him, it's possible for him to go down. 

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Pretty much this. And Melty's pretty cool. :) The flatness may not be my thing, but it's not really off-putting for me at all either (Passion Lip's boobs though... >_<). :)
Well, honestly, I can't say much about her personality because I'm somewhat out of the loop there. So, I'm going mainly on appearance, and I'm not fond of flat-chests in gneral.

And as for the myth errors, yeah, like Cherry Lover mentioned, besides the lack of knowledge in some spots a lot of it is artistic license. Really, even if he knew the Arthurian legends, stories and retellings completely backwards and forwards in addition to all the other myths he pulls from, he would still have to pull some changes to make it work in terms of the storytelling.  Plus this is far from the only franchise to distill and alter myths like this, not by a long shot. Hell, I'd say quite a few have done quite a bit worse at it. Or at least were... very creative with their interpretation. Final Fantasy's interpretation of Gil for example. Nasu's take is far closer to the actual Epic than that at least.
Well, yeah, definitely. Plus, in many cases (particularly King Arthur), the legend isn't exactly consistent anyway, because it's been appropriated by multiple different people for multiple different purposes, and had a load of stuff added accordingly.

But yeah, in terms of getting around any potential Goldie wankage, you just gotta remember that he is indeed the King of Carelessness. As long as you got the appropriate counter handy (see the Faker) or if you have someone handy with a good enough strategy and enough power to go toe to toe with him, it's possible for him to go down.
Well, it's possible to take him down, yes, but only really by virtue of him being an idiot and underestimating you. Of course, you can attempt to ensure that he does, which is what Archer is very good at.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
i'm aware king arthur isn't but his rules conflict all the damn time. particularly that he up ended the last part of the myth so hard. So do excuse me when I ignore LE and the other myth mistakes (particularly joan)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »
So how 'bout that CCC!

I honestly did not tamper with that picture in any way- that is an honest to god screenshot. I've been playing through this thing despite my lack of knowledge of Japanese, and well... honestly despite my lack of understanding of the language and a sad inability to hear the voices at the moment, I'm surprised by how interested I am in BB at this point. I didn't think I really would be, but I am. Granted, I'm not even past Rani's chapter yet, but...

Spoiler for Somewhat minor spoilers for the game! Read at your own risk!:
She's actually really amusing to watch. I'm not kidding. And it gives her a lot of charm. I was expecting zaniness, but not quite so much from BB herself, more from the antics of everybody else up until things start getting dark. I have various screenshots of the BB Channel that I took, but they don't do it justice. And that's even without voices or music. It has to be seen in motion. It just does. And it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. She makes a hole appear right underneath freaking Robin Hood and he falls down it like he were in some kind of cartoon. She's like a Sakura shaped Bugs Bunny or something. ...Though I'm likely missing out on something by not knowing how to read moon runes. Just saying.

So yeah.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:54:24 AM by Alice »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »
i'll be waiting to play the English release but it sounds funny.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
Well, that BB stuff does seem rather amusing, although IIRC she does have a nastier side to her (as demonstrated by the torture chambers where she rips out the circuits of masters...).

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »
Well, that BB stuff does seem rather amusing, although IIRC she does have a nastier side to her (as demonstrated by the torture chambers where she rips out the circuits of masters...).
But of course; that's part of what makes her so interesting. :) Though I just listened to the song that plays while the BB channel segments play, and it's really kinda creepy. So I think they were trying to set up that sort of surreal juxtaposition of funny/disturbing on purpose with her.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:32:41 PM by Alice »