Author Topic: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)  (Read 12559 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
You aren't really missing anything and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is the only answer to your first question.

...wut? What is that emoticon? I've seen some of Santo's work, but this is something else.

I'll try explaining, at risk of being yelled at.

Nachos as CoGM enforced the rule that posts be at least decently written and respect proper grammar and punctuation with lantz's beginning post in CE 2.0. Because Elf wants CE to be a well written RP. lantz left because of his claim that he cannot improve his grammar due to a certain unspecified issue. I honestly think that even with such a thing it's possible to improve one's grammar and that even if he couldn't, there were other means he could have handled it, but that's not here or there. So lantz quit, and feels it's "exclusionary" because Elf wants the RP to be well written and thus posts of his usual quality aren't deemed acceptable. And that's about it really.

Oh. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:55:37 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
as for you Bdoom, Cross effects is an exclusionary game, I don't pay attention to it as I cannot be involved. I didn't know it would be posted literally a day after mine was posted.

I'm sorry, but how is cross effects exclusionary? To be specific, What do you mean by the term exclusionary, and how, in your opinion, does it apply to cross effects?

In the sense that Lantz isn't allowed to participate in it....

He never got kicked out. Lantz left of his own volition.

That's an extremely misleading statement. It's like saying Nixon never got kicked out of office because he resigned. Sure, technically, he did leave, but he did so knowing that he would otherwise he kicked out.

I'll try explaining, at risk of being yelled at.

Nachos as CoGM enforced the rule that posts be at least decently written and respect proper grammar and punctuation with lantz's beginning post in CE 2.0. Because Elf wants CE to be a well written RP. lantz left because of his claim that he cannot improve his grammar due to a certain unspecified issue. I honestly think that even with such a thing it's possible to improve one's grammar and that even if he couldn't, there were other means he could have handled it, but that's not here or there. So lantz quit, and feels it's "exclusionary" because Elf wants the RP to be well written and thus posts of his usual quality aren't deemed acceptable. And that's about it really.

Lantz can't improve his grammar. I don't know exactly why, but I see no reason to assume that he's lying about it given the trouble it causes him. Whilst he could have found ways around it, that would have required me to take on the responsibility of beta-reading all his posts. And, aside from how difficult it would be for me to do that in a way that allowed him to keep pace with the other posters, I don't even trust myself to meet Names' standards (particularly since it was pretty clear Names had no willingness to be even remotely fair or understanding about it), and if my grammatical errors had got Lantz kicked out I would have felt really awful about it.

Plus, it wasn't about grammar anyway. That was just a convenient excuse. Names just wanted to find any reason he could to kick Lantz out, and the grammar was the easiest way to do so.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:07:14 PM by Cherry Lover »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2014, 09:11:27 PM »
Oh fuck I did it again.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
@IcntIm: No problem. :) ...believe me, Umbra's right in that you aren't missing anything by not knowing much beyond that. Well, aside from headaches, but I'm guessing you don't mind not experiencing that. Also, don't blame yourself. lantz tends to be... kinda controversial. You're fine. :)

@Mike: Given that I accidentally got  a bit OOC with my narration at one point at the very tail end of 2.0 and yet that still made it through, and only one or two other people besides lantz have been warned for their grammar, I don't think Nachos is as harsh as you think.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
I cannot improve my grammar Bdoom, my attitude was fine, I simply wanted other players to follow the rules and my rping is fine, I did everything I was asked to do whenever someone had an event idea. As a result you are completely wrong.

I am excluded for something I literally cannot help. I won't let you make up things that are not true.

@YOLF

curiosity is fine but for something like this I find it a waste, nevertheless, it does serve as a balancing method for character creation but it's primary purpose is because the system is story wise based on the moon cell
Alright lantz, listen. Just because you think something doesn't make it automatically true.

No, but nor is it automatically false....
sure, it's just demonstratively bad.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »
@IcntIm: No problem. :) ...believe me, Umbra's right in that you aren't missing anything by not knowing much beyond that. Well, aside from headaches, but I'm guessing you don't mind not experiencing that. Also, don't blame yourself. lantz tends to be... kinda controversial. You're fine. :)

Yeah, this argument has been going on for over a year, this isn't your fault at all.

@Mike: Given that I accidentally got  a bit OOC with my narration at one point at the very tail end of 2.0 and yet that still made it through, and only one or two other people besides lantz have been warned for their grammar, I don't think Nachos is as harsh as you think.

In general, sure. But, Names made it pretty clear that Lantz had one chance and only one chance, and I didn't see any indication that he was willing to show any kind of leniency. I think it's much like what happened with me on BL after the ultimatum. They'd pretty much decided to ban me and were just looking for absolutely any excuse, no matter how ridiculous. Under that sort of situation, there is no way you're going to survive, because everyone makes mistakes.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »
After all, CE 1.0 is archived.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »
After all, CE 1.0 is archived.

Yeah, if someone wants to read through the whole 100+ pages of it....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »
Yep. And lantz's posts are so noticably below the quality of all the rest it's astonishing.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »
That's an understatement.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »
Both. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much for your own sake though. I don't think Old Man Henderson will be able to pull remotely what some of lantz's characters pulled, you're fine. :)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2014, 11:26:57 PM »
Yep. And lantz's posts are so noticably below the quality of all the rest it's astonishing.

Do you mean just grammar? Or in pulling off things he really shouldn't be able to do within the setting? I'm curious about this one because I've got an Old Man Henderson in the setting.

Both, but as long as you've explained what your character can do on the sheet and had it approved, there shouldn't be any issues with it being used in-story. And, if there are, I wouldn't expect them to be particularly harsh on it if it's something they had legitimately not noticed before.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »
Both. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much for your own sake though. I don't think Old Man Henderson will be able to pull remotely what some of lantz's characters pulled, you're fine. :)

Hopefully, Elf will be fine with me accidentally murdering a sub-plot by wrecking a faction meeting in my quest for Lawn Gnomes, then...

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 12:01:25 AM »
As long as it's not disruptive for the other players (which this doesn't sound like it will be, it sounds like a typical introduction for this type of character :P), you're fine. :) No need to worry so much.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2014, 12:31:23 AM »

Do you mean just grammar? Or in pulling off things he really shouldn't be able to do within the setting? I'm curious about this one because I've got an Old Man Henderson in the setting.
There's also the noticable quality drop of the posts compared to the others.
Both, but as long as you've explained what your character can do on the sheet and had it approved, there shouldn't be any issues with it being used in-story. And, if there are, I wouldn't expect them to be particularly harsh on it if it's something they had legitimately not noticed before.