Author Topic: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)  (Read 12488 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
Kind-of.

Anyway, are you interested in the RP?

Apologies for starting that shitstorm.

And I'm already invested in CE 3.0, and between that, a Comp Sci major, the story we're planning, and whatever else gets thrown my way, I've honestly got enough on my plate already.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »
Are you actually interested in playing YOLF? If you are, sure I'd be happy to answer, if not then I feel explaining would be a waste of my time.

as for you Bdoom, Cross effects is an exclusionary game, I don't pay attention to it as I cannot be involved. I didn't know it would be posted literally a day after mine was posted.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
Frankly if you want to consider this the same as cross effects then you are seriously mistaken. Cross effects is not a normal role playing game, it's a player driven social game, there's no real plot to speak of beyond what the players themselves do. That's all well and good of course but it's by no means the normal way things are done. The four primary differences I see are the inclusion of actual mechanics of rpgs, an over Arching plot, unrestricted character application in regards to whom you can play and a seriously different atmosphere from cross effects.

Elf can run her game and I can and will run mine but don't think they are at all the same.
Sure, they aren't the same, but the point still stands that CE 3.0 is days from starting, at most. And this isn't a big site, so everyone is preparing for CE right now and isn't going to join another RP. I really don't understand how this is difficult to comprehend.

It's not. Lantz is well aware that this is horrifically bad timing. But, he posted this before CE was posted, and had no idea that Elf intended to post CE at this time, so it's not like he could really have done anything about it.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2014, 07:17:55 PM »
If you want me to be frank, no, I'm not interesting in playing because I've kind of got a lot on my plate as it is and the premise doesn't particularly incite me. I was asking out of curiosity of your intent in the mechanical design.

It's not a complicated question. Just yes or no.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »
Frankly if you want to consider this the same as cross effects then you are seriously mistaken. Cross effects is not a normal role playing game, it's a player driven social game, there's no real plot to speak of beyond what the players themselves do. That's all well and good of course but it's by no means the normal way things are done. The four primary differences I see are the inclusion of actual mechanics of rpgs, an over Arching plot, unrestricted character application in regards to whom you can play and a seriously different atmosphere from cross effects.

Elf can run her game and I can and will run mine but don't think they are at all the same.
Sure, they aren't the same, but the point still stands that CE 3.0 is days from starting, at most. And this isn't a big site, so everyone is preparing for CE right now and isn't going to join another RP. I really don't understand how this is difficult to comprehend.

It's not. Lantz is well aware that this is horrifically bad timing. But, he posted this before CE was posted, and had no idea that Elf intended to post CE at this time, so it's not like he could really have done anything about it.
He could take it down and restart it another time, instead of sentencing it to death on arrival.
Are you actually interested in playing YOLF? If you are, sure I'd be happy to answer, if not then I feel explaining would be a waste of my time.

as for you Bdoom, Cross effects is an exclusionary game, I don't pay attention to it as I cannot be involved. I didn't know it would be posted literally a day after mine was posted.
You could if you improved your grammar, rping, and attitude.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
I cannot improve my grammar Bdoom, my attitude was fine, I simply wanted other players to follow the rules and my rping is fine, I did everything I was asked to do whenever someone had an event idea. As a result you are completely wrong.

I am excluded for something I literally cannot help. I won't let you make up things that are not true.

@YOLF

curiosity is fine but for something like this I find it a waste, nevertheless, it does serve as a balancing method for character creation but it's primary purpose is because the system is story wise based on the moon cell 

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
I cannot improve my grammar Bdoom, my attitude was fine, I simply wanted other players to follow the rules and my rping is fine, I did everything I was asked to do whenever someone had an event idea. As a result you are completely wrong.

I am excluded for something I literally cannot help. I won't let you make up things that are not true.

@YOLF

curiosity is fine but for something like this I find it a waste, nevertheless, it does serve as a balancing method for character creation but it's primary purpose is because the system is story wise based on the moon cell
Alright lantz, listen. Just because you think something doesn't make it automatically true.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:58 PM »

@YOLF

Alright lantz, listen. Just because you think something doesn't make it automatically true.

No, but nor is it automatically false....

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 07:58:03 PM »

I'm sorry, but how is cross effects exclusionary? To be specific, What do you mean by the term exclusionary, and how, in your opinion, does it apply to cross effects?

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
It's exclusionary in that we mandate a general level of 'Dude, don't be an idiot and type legibly.'

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 08:31:49 PM »
This has me curious about what got him kicked out, because I went through somewhere in the ballpark of 10 pages of the first CE before I got distracted by homework, and Lantz still had Satoshi in there at that point.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
He never got kicked out. Lantz left of his own volition.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »
Okay, now I'm confused. How would one have cause to call it exclusionary (aka, being excluded to begin with) when they left of their own volition? Or am I just missing something here?

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
Okay, now I'm confused. How would one have cause to call it exclusionary (aka, being excluded to begin with) when they left of their own volition? Or am I just missing something here?

You aren't really missing anything and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is the only answer to your first question.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 08:53:07 PM »
I'll try explaining, at risk of being yelled at.

Nachos as CoGM enforced the rule that posts be at least decently written and respect proper grammar and punctuation with lantz's beginning post in CE 2.0. Because Elf wants CE to be a well written RP. lantz left because of his claim that he cannot improve his grammar due to a certain unspecified issue. I honestly think that even with such a thing it's possible to improve one's grammar and that even if he couldn't, there were other means he could have handled it, but that's not here or there. So lantz quit, and feels it's "exclusionary" because Elf wants the RP to be well written and thus posts of his usual quality aren't deemed acceptable. And that's about it really.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.