Author Topic: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)  (Read 12155 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
He actually does have a right to post in a public forum. If you want to be able to ban people from threads, make your own forum. Otherwise, get off your high horse and stop trying to be a control freak.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »
Curve your swerves and chill your pills, everyone.

Let's not start being hostile. Lantz has the right to not want Kat here, but Kat wasn't actually being rude or anything right then, so let's not start being hostile towards each other because of a disagreement like this.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:09:15 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
Curve your swerves and chill your pills, everyone.

Let's not start being hostile. Lantz has the right to not want Kat here, but Kat wasn't actually being rude or anything right then, so let's not start being hostile towards each other because of a disagreement like this.

Agreed.

I don't buy the concept of "the thread creator has absolute control over their thread", but when it comes to something like an RP or fanfic thread they should have a bit more power, since the thread exists for them to post their ideas. They can't just airbrush out all criticism, but if someone is just there to be an ass I think they have a reasonable right to tell them to leave.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »
Well sure, but that is yet to happen.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »
YOLF he came in causing trouble before violating the few rules the game has, he's not here to play and after Kaiza asked him to leave he really shouldn't be here.

as for his suggestion, as GM I say no, a program can be manipulated to generate any number and I'm already doing 90% of the rolling for various duties as GM using my dice is far faster, the results more accurate as is the idea of simply taking over the rest of the rolling. My rolling everything is immaterial because the basic requirements of the game are civility and trust

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 02:44:34 AM »
He wasn't really being rude when he offered that suggestion though. Even if he came off as a bit disagreeable previously. He might not be playing, but he wasn't posting out of topic or for no reason.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:57 AM »
YOLF he came in causing trouble before violating the few rules the game has, he's not here to play and after Kaiza asked him to leave he really shouldn't be here.

He was making a legitimate suggestion, though, and he wasn't being offensive or doing anything that appeared to be an attack. As the others have said, you can deny him the right to play in the game, but that doesn't automatically give you the right to stop him posting altogether. Personally, I will look on anything he posts in this thread with great suspicion, but that doesn't automatically mean anything he does is trolling.

as for his suggestion, as GM I say no, a program can be manipulated to generate any number and I'm already doing 90% of the rolling for various duties as GM using my dice is far faster, the results more accurate as is the idea of simply taking over the rest of the rolling. My rolling everything is immaterial because the basic requirements of the game are civility and trust

Well, if you're rolling anyway, then whether the program can be manipulated is irrelevant. Because the only person doing the manipulation in that case would be you, and you can also manipulate dice. But, yes, regardless, it is entirely your decision, and if someone doesn't trust you to roll the dice fairly then they shouldn't be playing in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:02:35 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 04:04:56 AM »
The underlying theme of the statement was distrust, he wants to assume or makes others assume the GM or players can't be trusted. The statement undermines the RP as a whole.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 04:07:58 AM »
The underlying theme of the statement was distrust, he wants to assume or makes others assume the GM or players can't be trusted. The statement undermines the RP as a whole.

Not really, he was responding to a question about D20 rolling with an opinion on how best to RP (which I'm pretty sure is one he himself would hold to).

Anyway, can we please stop discussing whether Kat is a troll or should be allowed to post in the thread, and get back to discussing whether anyone wants to join it...?

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 04:10:16 AM »
No offense, but this was started at a hilariously bad time.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 07:19:18 PM »
...Did I start this one, by prompting Kat to give his statement?

If so, goddamn, this was not my intention.

If not, meh.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
...Did I start this one, by prompting Kat to give his statement?

If so, goddamn, this was not my intention.

If not, meh.

Kind-of.

Anyway, are you interested in the RP?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
Frankly if you want to consider this the same as cross effects then you are seriously mistaken. Cross effects is not a normal role playing game, it's a player driven social game, there's no real plot to speak of beyond what the players themselves do. That's all well and good of course but it's by no means the normal way things are done. The four primary differences I see are the inclusion of actual mechanics of rpgs, an over Arching plot, unrestricted character application in regards to whom you can play and a seriously different atmosphere from cross effects.

Elf can run her game and I can and will run mine but don't think they are at all the same.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
Serious question. I only skimmed over it, but call it curiosity over mechanics. Is the pseudo level-up/ability unlock system supposed to balance out the "unrestricted character application in regards to whom you can play" and even out the player characters?

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
Frankly if you want to consider this the same as cross effects then you are seriously mistaken. Cross effects is not a normal role playing game, it's a player driven social game, there's no real plot to speak of beyond what the players themselves do. That's all well and good of course but it's by no means the normal way things are done. The four primary differences I see are the inclusion of actual mechanics of rpgs, an over Arching plot, unrestricted character application in regards to whom you can play and a seriously different atmosphere from cross effects.

Elf can run her game and I can and will run mine but don't think they are at all the same.
Sure, they aren't the same, but the point still stands that CE 3.0 is days from starting, at most. And this isn't a big site, so everyone is preparing for CE right now and isn't going to join another RP. I really don't understand how this is difficult to comprehend.