Author Topic: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)  (Read 12118 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Glass Moon. (sign up and discussion)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »
It's a bonus

magic determines both damage and resistance stat wise. The skill would be a bonus, if you had say an 10 in magic the skill giving 5 this means you have a total of 15 when calculating magic resistance.

Hmm, I see, so MR just exists from the beginning?

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »
Quick check. Who's rolling the d20?
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
Tip for people: rolls should be done through sites that confirm the roll was done and totally not fudged.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
Depends. For a normal player, yeah, definitely, but if the GM wants you to lose, then you're going to lose anyway, so enforcing such a rule on the GM is less important. Plus, secret rolls can be a thing, and sometimes the GM might even have a good reason for wanting to fix a roll (although I agree it should be rare or non-existent).

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
Katsura leave, you aren't supposed to be in here, furthermore part of the game is trusting the GM and more importantly as GM I have to make rolls for NPCs in the first place, I do not trust rng programs to be fair or accurate.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »
Katsura leave, you aren't supposed to be in here, furthermore part of the game is trusting the GM and more importantly as GM I have to make rolls for NPCs in the first place, I do not trust rng programs to be fair or accurate.

Mathematical programs not fair or accurate? It's just random change generator, it is fair and accurate by definition.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:31 PM »

Mathematical programs not fair or accurate? It's just random change generator, it is fair and accurate by definition.

RNGs are strictly-speaking not random (although, then, neither are dice). They use a pseudo-random algorithm which is, thus, capable of being biased. Not that I think they are, necessarily, but they are not automatically valid.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 03:06:40 PM »
I play most of my games through Roll 20, never had impression that good luck favored us too much or bad luck plagued us too frequently.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »

He has as much of a right as anyone else to post in any part of the forum. As long as he doesn't start anything there is no issue.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
You're not a moderator or admin Lantz. You have no right to say he can't post here. If he posts inflammatory or derogitory statements, then the mod/admin team can deal with it. You can and have banned him from the RP, but you can't do the same for the thread.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 05:41:30 PM »

He has as much of a right as anyone else to post in any part of the forum. As long as he doesn't start anything there is no issue.

To an extent, yes, but if he is here just to cause trouble then he absolutely should not be here, and since he has no desire to participate in the RP (and even if he did I doubt Lantz would let him) then I can't see any other reason he is here, so I think that asking him to leave is reasonable.

I would agree that, so far, Kat has done nothing particularly objectionable, but I do think it would be better for him to leave before he does.

You're not a moderator or admin Lantz. You have no right to say he can't post here. If he posts inflammatory or derogitory statements, then the mod/admin team can deal with it. You can and have banned him from the RP, but you can't do the same for the thread.

Yes, but this is Lantz's RP. Anyone posting in this thread who Lantz does not want to post in here is most likely either trolling or spamming, and neither are acceptable behaviours. I'm not going to say people absolutely cannot post just because Lantz told them not to, but they certainly should avoid doing so in general, because they are unlikely to contribute effectively to a thread about an RP they are not going to join by a poster they hate.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:44:33 PM by Cherry Lover »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »

To an extent, yes, but if he is here just to cause trouble then he absolutely should not be here, and since he has no desire to participate in the RP (and even if he did I doubt Lantz would let him) then I can't see any other reason he is here, so I think that asking him to leave is reasonable.

I would agree that, so far, Kat has done nothing particularly objectionable, but I do think it would be better for him to leave before he does.

Yes, but this is Lantz's RP. Anyone posting in this thread who Lantz does not want to post in here is most likely either trolling or spamming, and neither are acceptable behaviours. I'm not going to say people absolutely cannot post just because Lantz told them not to, but they certainly should avoid doing so in general, because they are unlikely to contribute effectively to a thread about an RP they are not going to join by a poster they hate.
He's posting constructive things. He suggestted using a visable dice rolling website or app. Literally nothing wrong with that. Lantz got pissed. Don't defend that behaivor, wait until he actually does something objectionable.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »
He's posting constructive things. He suggestted using a visable dice rolling website or app. Literally nothing wrong with that. Lantz got pissed. Don't defend that behaivor, wait until he actually does something objectionable.

Right, and have you seen me saying "fuck off Kat" or anything like that? I just don't entirely trust Kat's motives....

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
Fair enough, but don't defend lantz's attitude about it, either.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »
He posted here earlier violating the game's rules Bdoom, specifically the ones about being civil and so forth to other players. He has no right to play as a result and no reason to be here other than to troll or stir up trouble as history has proven he does. He has no business discussing the game which he will not be involved in.