Author Topic: Fate/EXTRA - The original game  (Read 7409 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/EXTRA - The original game
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
I think nasu limp wristed the whole issue, i don't think he considered the historical perspective in the "real world"

I don't think he really considered how it would come about, no.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 03:55:24 AM »
Exactly as such I take it as America and Canada are free

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:28 AM »
Time for me to chime in a little, probably. ^^" On the topic I brought up earlier, my first playthrough was Archer. :) And now to the more serious stuff.

Well, the US does have Death Valley, which is yeah.
However, from the tone of Extra, I'm pretty sure it was in the Middle East.  Hell, for all we know the Harways could be controlling the States.

Spoiler for Some CCC ending spoilers:
There's also Archer's ending in CCC. In that he's wearing Middle Eastern garb when the MC wakes up.
Since I can't Moon Rune I can't confirm it for sure, but I think that Reincarnated!Archer here is about in the same area where Rin's resistance group is. That type of garb is pretty typical of the Middle East, so besides tonal stuff, there's also that.

However taking the US is a very bad idea.  If someone tried to take over the country they would be met with excessive deadly force.  There's a reason why our military is one of the most feared in the world.

Now they could be allies to the Harways, like they're allies to England.

Yeah, exactly. Really, the way the Harways would take over the US would likely be through using their corporate assets to line the politician's pockets, thus essentially buying the government over time. Taking our military would be suicidal, but corrupting our politicians into a corporate run nation of sorts is sadly not quite as difficult.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
Exactly as such I take it as America and Canada are free

I, however, consider that highly unlikely, because I see no reason to believe Canada would fight the Harways any more than any other country would, and your argument seems to rely mainly on blind patriotism, so....

Well, the US does have Death Valley, which is yeah.
However, from the tone of Extra, I'm pretty sure it was in the Middle East.  Hell, for all we know the Harways could be controlling the States.

Spoiler for Some CCC ending spoilers:
There's also Archer's ending in CCC. In that he's wearing Middle Eastern garb when the MC wakes up.
Since I can't Moon Rune I can't confirm it for sure, but I think that Reincarnated!Archer here is about in the same area where Rin's resistance group is. That type of garb is pretty typical of the Middle East, so besides tonal stuff, there's also that.

Ah, OK, so it is likely the Middle East, then?

However taking the US is a very bad idea.  If someone tried to take over the country they would be met with excessive deadly force.  There's a reason why our military is one of the most feared in the world.

Now they could be allies to the Harways, like they're allies to England.

Yeah, exactly. Really, the way the Harways would take over the US would likely be through using their corporate assets to line the politician's pockets, thus essentially buying the government over time.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'd expect. They wouldn't conquer the US, they'd take it over using soft power.

Taking our military would be suicidal, but corrupting our politicians into a corporate run nation of sorts is sadly not quite as difficult.

I would say it's not only "not quite as difficult" but that it has already happened, frankly. The US is a "corporate-run nation", the corporations are just doing a good job of keeping this well-hidden from the majority of Americans.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »
It's based on historical events. Canada has taken a lot of crap, we aren't about to fold outright

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
It's based on historical events. Canada has taken a lot of crap, we aren't about to fold outright

Like I said, though, it's not even a matter of "folding". I very much doubt they would be conquering the US or Canada by force (or anywhere else, for that matter). But, to be in control of the world as a whole they do need to control North America. Otherwise they're only ever going to be a regional power at most.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »
i honestly think that is what they are during extra, if they really controlled the world they wouldn't need the grail.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »
i honestly think that is what they are during extra, if they really controlled the world they wouldn't need the grail.

That is true, but the impression I get is that they are at least the most powerful entity, which wouldn't be true if they didn't control the US.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »
They need it to ensure absolute rule. There'll always be pockets of resistance (such as Rin and her friends), so the idea is to ensure and gain absolute control. Make an absolute empire, in other words. That's kinda what I understood, anyway, though that's probably not a perfect explaination. 

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
Yeah, that seems about right.

From what I can tell of Extra it's pretty clear they have control over most of the world with only a small amount of resistance, and that simply wouldn't be true if the US was not under their control.

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
I'm beating a dead horse here, but in EXTRA, Rin explicitly mentions that she is in Middle East because that's a region that's not under the control of the Harways.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »
I'm beating a dead horse here, but in EXTRA, Rin explicitly mentions that she is in Middle East because that's a region that's not under the control of the Harways.

Well, yeah, that's kind-of conclusive proof....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
That just proves that the writer is very very ignorant of world politics

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
That just proves that the writer is very very ignorant of world politics

Again, I really think it is ridiculous of you to assert that Canada is somehow special and incapable of ending up ruled by the Harways....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »
In a resource war the haraways not controlling an area like the middle eastis just ignorance on the writers part or otherwise a mass of stupidity on the haraways part, it's vastly dumb