Author Topic: Fate/EXTRA - The original game  (Read 7479 times)

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
Fate/EXTRA - The original game
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:32:19 AM »
Since we already have a thread for CCC, might as well make one for vanilla EXTRA, since people who might want to discuss the original and the CCC thread will contain spoilers for vanilla EXTRA no matter what we do.

I'm currently on my first playthrough with Saber and male protagonist (yay for emulation! The fact that it plays at a perfectly normal speed at my crappy PC is also a bonus) and I'm loving the game, though I'd wish that leveling-up would be easier (the amount of EXP needed is way too high). I'm also not a big fan of the rock-paper-scissors RPG but I can handle this.

So far I'm about to face Julius and his Servant (took Rin route), and out of all Masters, I loved Alice the most. Lil' Ronnie was just plain weird (then again, bulimic cannibal...). And despite getting the weekly healing item, I still visit Sakura in the infirmary every day ^_^

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/EXTRA - The original game
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:29 AM »
The exp isn't really, especially with saber. The reason why it's a bit high is because of the suggested level mechanism in the game. If you are above the suggested level, assuming you concentrate on the servants primary stat you'll destroy bosses without trying. Heck I'm readying a digital copy save for when CCC Gets released. I've done everything in the game

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:48:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm currently with Saber at A strength (focusing more on STR, but also on DEF) and she can destroy pretty much any mooks with three hits (and the third is only needed to take care of a little amount of HP left).

And some patterns are too easy. Lil' Ronnie's Lancer spends his entire second turn guarding so I just need to spam break and... bam! Eight hits!

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:51:54 AM »
Strength  till A+ then defense till same Ronnie  often uses seal break  so it's not absolutely free 8 hits

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:55:36 AM »
Yeah, she used Seal Break in the pre-elimination battle battle, but in the real battle she used Add Poison, so I got eight hits twice (she did use Seal Break once but since her Lancer was already at red health, I just spammed skills and killed it around the fifth action).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:17:05 AM »
You got. Lucky, what difficulty are you on?

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:23:04 AM »
Playing on normal.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 02:24:34 AM »
Seems like she uses seal break more on easy then

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:59 AM »
Well, that or you just got really unlucky. It seems odd that she'd use a more useful skill more often on the difficult level....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 03:17:55 AM »
Extra is bizarre that way. Oh, gab, is it your first play through if so over level after the fight with leo

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »
I have noticed a few things on my play through of extra recently

1) Sakura seems to only have a frown or worried look sprite, that could be a decision made because she is an npc but I find it odd given  her obvious nature as something more

2) the private room design is built for archer, the items from taiga for saber yet neither character is given a tangible presence in the story (in fact in archer's case it outright tells you that emiya doesn't exist) caster on the other hand is the only one who exists in the story without the player.

3) Sakura only tilts her head up to address the player, this could be skimpy sprite work  or a subtle nod to her looking up to the player

4)  Gawain is almost completely made up in terms of his attitude and issues, nasu was taking a piss here

5) Rin, is seen in a desert area in the real world, as such this leads me to believe then that the haraway group doesn't control north America in extra as the three major deserts are either within the boundaries of the us or resource rich

that is it for the moment

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 02:55:20 AM »
I have noticed a few things on my play through of extra recently

1) Sakura seems to only have a frown or worried look sprite, that could be a decision made because she is an npc but I find it odd given  her obvious nature as something more

Well, presumably she's always worried because of the situation everyone is in....

2) the private room design is built for archer, the items from taiga for saber yet neither character is given a tangible presence in the story (in fact in archer's case it outright tells you that emiya doesn't exist) caster on the other hand is the only one who exists in the story without the player.

Well, Archer makes sense because he was obviously added due to his presense in FSN. As for Saber, I dunno, maybe she was there to look like FSN Saber, even though she is an original character.

3) Sakura only tilts her head up to address the player, this could be skimpy sprite work  or a subtle nod to her looking up to the player

Eh, what do you mean here?

4)  Gawain is almost completely made up in terms of his attitude and issues, nasu was taking a piss here

That's hardly surprising, he doesn't care much if he completely messes with mythology, and Arthurian mythology is hardly clear in general anyway.

5) Rin, is seen in a desert area in the real world, as such this leads me to believe then that the haraway group doesn't control north America in extra as the three major deserts are either within the boundaries of the us or resource rich

What?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »
Well, Archer makes sense because he was obviously added due to his presense in FSN. As for Saber, I dunno, maybe she was there to look like FSN Saber, even though she is an original character.

not what I mean, I meant that without the play choosing them they have no impact on the story where as caster was twice's servant canonically.

Eh, what do you mean here?

what part is confusing exactly.

What?

the haraway's seek to control resources as a way to make their government ideal work, Rin would upload from a presumably safe location, with that in mind that desert must not be under haraway control. thus we conclude that america and canada are not under haraway control

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
not what I mean, I meant that without the play choosing them they have no impact on the story where as caster was twice's servant canonically.

Yeah, I know that's what you meant, I was just trying to explain the discrepancy.

what part is confusing exactly.

Well, I'm not sure what context the "only" is in.

the haraway's seek to control resources as a way to make their government ideal work, Rin would upload from a presumably safe location, with that in mind that desert must not be under haraway control. thus we conclude that america and canada are not under haraway control

I understand that, I just don't get how the idea that the only desert in the world that the Harways wouldn't control is in the US folllows from that.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
I understand that, I just don't get how the idea that the only desert in the world that the Harways wouldn't control is in the US folllows from that.

they are looking for resources, of the worlds deserts the ones in the US are largely worthless for that purpose, hence why the haraways would not control them, fairly simple.