Author Topic: Fail zero, or, why this dub makes the show for me.  (Read 4288 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fail zero, or, why this dub makes the show for me.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:44 PM »
I think you may have a crossed wire mike.

Possibly, but unless you explain how her actions in Zero as a six-year-old child make her actions in FSN as a sixteen-year-old whose has spent ten years remembering her father's last words completely unrealistic, that's not going to change.

Also, I only just noticed this:

oh, oh god. I almost forgot, Sola and Kenny are the seen Rider and Shinji. Puts a whole new spin on the finger breaking scene for me.

Hah, awesome. Especially since I could see Rider actually doing that to Shinji if she got the chance.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 03:36:38 AM »
She actually saw what one magi is capable of and frankly given the state of her parents at the end her attitude is completely bizarre.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 03:55:38 AM »
She actually saw what one magi is capable of and frankly given the state of her parents at the end her attitude is completely bizarre.

What do you mean, "she saw what one magus is capable of"? And, what do you mean by "the state of her parents"? If you mean "Tokiomi is dead and Aoi brain-damaged", then the important point is what Tokiomi said to her the last time he saw her. That set the tone for her entire path in life, because you can't argue with someone who is dead....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:45 AM »
Well ok, what magic can do in the wrong hands because technically ryo isn't a magi but child predator via magic. Still it kinda shakes her foundation to go through that, be as intelligent as she supposedly is and not see the massive flaw in her life style. The fact that she goes through that and sticks to that path from a social perspective paints her as kinda stupid or worse crazy.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »
How it could challenge her lifestyle if traditional magi don't do shit like murdering people for lulz?