Author Topic: Grail War RP: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 10504 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Grail War RP: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2014, 02:04:42 AM »
I'm still interested, although as I said I am unlikely to have much time to work on this this week.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »
Welp, we might have another one dead in the water. Unlike CE, where lull periods are pretty much inevitable, unless we have a sudden surge in turn ins or something, I'd say we're done here for now.

HOWEVER. That's not to say that the whole idea is dead in the water. Honestly, I'll say this, after thinking about it. Next time we need to probably enforce it so that only people that are absolutely guaranteed to turn a sheet in within a reasonable amount of time can participate. So none of Xam's "I'm waiting on someone to help me with my sheet for forever lol, sorry guys."

It would probably mean a roll call after about a week in order to check things. Anyone that doesn't respond period just gets kicked, and we re-recruit. Though the other problem is that we need a slightly larger player base. Though we were so close this time.

So then. Should we call this one, have me try again in a few months when things have slowed down for people in terms of academics, or give some more time?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
Personally, I vote a mix: give another week or so of grace period, then shelve the idea for a while until we get 1) an actual GM who will organize and run this RP, 2) a broader mix of individual schedules that hopefully have have more free time again, or 3) do some brainstorming on how to get this thing going once it's re-announced so the current problems don't turn up again (and we can start sooner, natch).

:V

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »
Given the total lack of responses to "is anyone actually still interested", I don't think this RP stands a chance as it is. Of course, people can keep anything they've done to submit for next time. I have no problem with continuing to wait, but given that even the GM has not said anything I think we're probably screwed here.

Also, Alice, how exactly are you going to enforce "only people that are absolutely guaranteed to turn a sheet in within a reasonable amount of time can participate"? How do you know if someone is going to turn a sheet in or not until they actually try? Or, do you just mean you'll ask them how it's going?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:46:03 PM by Cherry Lover »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
I'm still interested in this, but at the same time I feel like we could modify the HGW formula a bit to streamline it for RP'ing purposes.
i.e. Go with something more like the 1st-2nd Grail War: less than Seven Master-Servant pairs.

Maybe even make an NPC/GMPC Master-Servant.
Not sure. As usual, I'm full of ideas but not all are good. =P
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
Nah, you're fine Lyco.

And to answer your question, Mike, I mean like with what I said about asking for a status report- IE, doing a roll call to make sure everyone is still there to even turn in the sheets in the first place. If they respond, then they get a reminder about turning sheets in. If there's no response whatsoever in the thread within a few days tops, then they're kicked unless they manage to show up with a good explanation and can guarantee their participation (through the slots would be treated as open, so if they come back too late, then unfortunately that's just how it is).

Also, being stricter with getting the sheets in. IE, if the GM says there's a deadline, unless you have a situation like mine where you're pretty much done anyway and were just waiting on everyone else, if you don't have a sheet in, you're out unless you can produce one before all the slots get filled again.

Does that all make sense?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2014, 02:09:46 AM »
I'm still interested but like I said before I don't want to join a dead RP.