Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Anime  (Read 35135 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Anime
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2014, 03:30:29 AM »
No Kaiza it's not, that's a serious misconception about unlimited blade works. Fate is his ideal explored, unlimited blade works is the confrontation between his idealism and the prospect of failure. HF is the abandonment of the scales of justice Shirou holds and largely is about the concept of self interest and moral ambiguity of the world at large. Neither ubw or hf function for shirou (and hf falls flat for Kirei) without the fate route to demonstrate the start.

There's no misconception, you just missed the entire point of the three routes in your vigorous Saberfagging.

Fate = Pretty much entirely about Saber's ideal, and how Shirou can see, from an outside perspective, how stupid ideals like his and hers are (Even though he still doesn't stop pursuing it because he's stupid).

UBW = Actually realizing that his ideal is stupid, but something worth pursuing regardless.

HF = Abandoning his ideals for a single person, and facing the consequences.

Of course it's entirely pointless to argue with you because you'll go "nuh uh you're wrong I'm right because I said so" like always. I'm just putting it as it actually is; By giving an answer not tainted by your stupidity or Mike's extreme insistence in his headfanon that Sakura is totes a good person.
Its scary when me and chris are on essentially the same page.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 03:32:12 AM »
I have explained Iris, about how the whole novel fits together and the lack of the baseline which causes a failing in understanding.
And that really brings nothing to the table right now. This is an adaptation, an anime, not a vn. Stuff doesn't work the same way.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 05:27:26 AM »
Except that it's an adaptation of the VN, so they are intrinsically connected. Ignoring the source is just bad form. Although I'm probably just wasting my breath since no one here like Shirou or Saber. I appreciate the whole story and these guys don't want to tell said story.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
Because Deen already did a great job telling it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:55 AM »
....Okaaaay, I maybe jumped the gun a bit earlier, but you officially jumped the shark into Avalon drama territory, lantz.

Although I'm probably just wasting my breath since no one here like Shirou or Saber.

Take that crap to Avalon over on BL. I've tolerated you spouting this crap for awhile now, but you've officially crossed the line where I can't ignore it. I won't give you a warning. Instead, until you can actually contribute something that's not just you whining because your waifu isn't getting a route:

You are not to post in this thread, lantz. At all. You knock off that whining, fine, you can post in here again. But until then, you come back here and post that crap again, and I will give you a warning. Got that?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:26 AM »
You go girl.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
Thank you. :3

Okay, now. I don't mind if discussion in here isn't completely positive, or hype filled, or whatever. But I don't want it gunked up with stuff whining about it not being Fate. There was a shit load of drama in BL over this sort of thing, and even though it was worse than even lantz's complaining, I want to nip that sort of thing in the bud. In fact, I'm going to probably put a note about that in the OP of both this thread and the Heaven's Feel one.

Now, let's change the subject. I think the topic before this happened was about the new content, wasn't it?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2014, 06:04:32 AM »
You told me to kill myself Alice, a statement for which you have never apologized. As far as I am concerned regardless of your position i cannot accept you as an authority. I do not have a wafeu or whatever the hell. I respect the story. I have said repeatedly that it's about more than just a single character.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »
You told me to kill myself Alice

Geez you haven't done anything to deserve that I'm sure.

Brahmastra

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2014, 06:18:05 AM »
You told me to kill myself Alice, a statement for which you have never apologized. As far as I am concerned regardless of your position i cannot accept you as an authority. I do not have a wafeu or whatever the hell. I respect the story. I have said repeatedly that it's about more than just a single character.

Lantz you dumb bint you were told not to post. You're a member of the forum just like anyone else, you don't get to choose which mods you do and do not respect, that is not how it works.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:54 AM »
OK, everyone, I want you to chill out.

Discussion about the new anime, speculah and such is fine; but let's not start bringing personal conflicts into this. Both of you go take a break, and don't start chewing each other out, or else I'll be forced to boot both of you from the thread. For your own good.

I do agree with Alice about not wanting people just coming in to complain. If you don't like the adaptation or the way it's being done, that's fine. But if you do, please be ready to actually defend your points. Don't just come in to ruin other people's fun.

Now, let's get back to discussing the possible new scenes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:24:05 AM by KAIZA »

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »
Lantz I've only been here for now 19 posts and I have already seen you repeatedly disrespect Rae a multitude of times. You won't receive any pity on this.

Edit: What Kaiza said.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:22:53 AM by Dallas »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2014, 06:56:22 AM »
The thing I have been going on about is story structure, VN adaptations are average to crap when turned into Animes. Such is usually the case even light novels get messed up. What I've been saying (and I even brought up the ubw movie to support this point.) is in order to adapt something from one form to another you need to understand why it works and preserve key elements to preserve the spirit of the work. Deen's adaptations and jc's Tsukihime adaptation screwed this up. Fate and Tsuki by adding too much, ubw by cutting too much. The point everyone brings up is adding stuff to ubw to make it function like the fate route substitute. That is exactly like deens plan with fate. Thus I feel it will end in a mess. I'm not specifically concerned with a single character but the story as a whole. FSN is a continuous story in the way the routes are constructed. By skipping one my issue is it degrades the other two. This is a simple principle with anything. I think I have the right to express the conclusion I've drawn. I'm assessing, not complaining or fan boying. This is how I see it.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2014, 08:33:01 AM »
OK, this is really getting out of hand.

Lantz, one thing I will point out. As I said before, I don't want the two of you bringing personal drama in here. Regardless of what happened, this:
As far as I am concerned regardless of your position i cannot accept you as an authority.
Does not fly. Have some respect for us. If one cannot bring personal conflict into it, neither should the other. So, from here on out, lantz, please listen to what Alice says. If you undermine one, it undermines all of us. So please, don't do this again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:33:41 AM by KAIZA »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
Except that it's an adaptation of the VN, so they are intrinsically connected. Ignoring the source is just bad form. Although I'm probably just wasting my breath since no one here like Shirou or Saber. I appreciate the whole story and these guys don't want to tell said story.
Hahahaha.
It seems you are unaware saber is my secondary waifu.
Or that shirou is one of my favorite characters.
Also, even Inhanyou isn't saying that the anime/ movie will suck over on BL, and he has easily made the most drama there.