Author Topic: Fire Emblem Megathread  (Read 1100 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Megathread
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
So yup, talk about any and all of the Fire Emblem games in here! I'll be getting a copy of Awakening pretty soon, so I should be able to contribute to the discussion very soon.  ;D Though I do have the Fire Emblem game that was released on the Game Cube (or one of them at least), and remember that I was more paranoid than normal about losing units since their losses are permanent, but still had fun regardless. :3

So let the conversations begin!

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Megathread
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
And got my copy of Awakening and just beat Chapter 3. I really like this game so far. :3 Plus what people were saying about it being the shipping game of the year were correct, and I'm not even that far in. Plus the gameplay is great. I like tactics RPGs a lot, so that's always a draw for me. Though I do have a question- that Old Man in the main menu before you load up your save. The one that randomly tests ships for you. ...Is anything he says ever accurate?

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:40:17 AM »
Well, I also got Awakening, started playing about a month ago, and after beating it, I gotta say I loved it. The story, the characters, everything. I still have to beat all the DLC, plus some of the Paralogues, as well as getting all the Supports for the characters. And, then, I'll have to replay it with the opposite gender Avatar to get those supports...
Though I do have a question- that Old Man in the main menu before you load up your save. The one that randomly tests ships for you. ...Is anything he says ever accurate?
The Hubba Tester? Nah, that's just for fun. Trust me.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:46 AM »
Ah, OK- yeah, after messing with it some more, I kind of figured that it was just for kicks. :3 But yup, got even further and now I'm scrambling to have half a dozen female characters get Galeforce. ^_^" But it will be worth it. Oh yes will it be worth it~ >:3

As for the shipping part, I think I'm regretting a few pairings so far. Next time I may pair Virion with Tharja because I just got their first support, and it's great. :3 But I guess it's my first run through the game and I was just getting to know the characters, so I suppose I can't be faulted too much. :P

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »
The Hubba Tester? Nah, that's just for fun. Trust me.
I will forever remember the eternal OTP that he has given me: Gregor X Owain. Dem dreams man.

So yeah, just noticed this thread, and I felt it appropriate that I bring it back to the front page (lel) while I tell you all about my current playthrough on lunatic+.

To some it all up in a single word:

Reset.

To sum it all up in a single, more profane word:

FUCK

For a finishing word, Kjelle is best grill. Well, other than my cute daughter Morgan of course, but I meant in a wife way. And there AIN'T NO BOYS TAKIN' MAH DAUGHTER FROM ME OR MARRYIN' HER WHILE I GOT MAH SHOTGUN/CUSTOM ALM'S BLADE.

It has 20 base damage. 20. Owain stop looking at my daughter, bitch imma cut you.

SO YES

Favorite Awakening characters, which is yours? Mine is Morgan, because daddy's proud.

Saber

• King.
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
Do I miss anything if I only play Awakening?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
To my knowledge, no, other than a few references (like who Marth was in a previous Fire Emblem game) and who some of the DLC characters are. In other words, you should be fine. :)

And I think I'm staying away from lunatic difficulty for now- even if it makes me a filthy casual, I prefer a more laid back playthrough anyway, at least for now, so there you go. :3

And hmm, not sure who my favorite character is, so many cool peoples to choose from. I'll just say it's Krom for now so I have something resembling an answer and since I made him mah husbando in-game and stuff. :V

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »
Played it, beat it, it gets a pass. It's good but not as great as people claim. Experimenting with what the model viewer saves this play through