Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project  (Read 30418 times)

Jacktheinfinite101

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Greetings DSM, I bring a gift.  The full release of the RN project:

Fate Stay Night Realta Nua English Full Release

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygpumuc7t4ib1ug/Fate+Stay+Night+Realta+Nua+English.rar

For those who want Koto's version: http://realtapatch.tumblr.com/

Spoiler for Hiden:
Credits:

Project leads: Jacktheinfinite101, Waku Waku, Koto.

Jacktheinfinite101: Lead editor, programming, some image editing.

Koto: Lead translator, text editing, some image editing.

Waku Waku: Lead image editor, programming consultant, PS2 resources.

Quibi: Lead programmer.

Hyarion: Initial translation of Fate H alts.

MeruP: Programming.

Dallas Hickan: Additional image editing.

Taka-jun, ArchDemon, Tjm, and puKKa from Mirror Moon: Original translation.

bishopcruz and Annonymous: First H uncensor patch.

Himeros and Belldandy100: Second H uncensor patch.

Special thanks to Terrafire for full text comparison
files between FSN and RN for every single scene.

Originally created by Kinoko Nasu and Type Moon.

Special thanks to any other BL members who helped out.

If you find any mistakes do not hesitate to post them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:00:06 AM by Jacktheinfinite101 »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
What's the difference between your version and Koto's version?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
It's in the FAQ on the tumblr page for Koto's patch. Koto's patch is the non-h one, while Jack's (the first link below the video) is the H version.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Eh, I thought they had some sort of option to switch between the H and non-H version. Also, what does "non-H" mean? There's a bunch of non-H stuff that has been terribly censored in the RN version of HF, and I don't want that aside from to laugh at the stupidity of it.

Jacktheinfinite101

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Eh, I thought they had some sort of option to switch between the H and non-H version. Also, what does "non-H" mean? There's a bunch of non-H stuff that has been terribly censored in the RN version of HF, and I don't want that aside from to laugh at the stupidity of it.

Ok it goes like this.  We inserted the MM TL into RN, then someone gave us full comparisons of the Japanese text between FSN and RN.  Koto got around to applying those text changes to the patch, but there's a lot of stuff I figured people wouldn't want to see changed or taken out, especially since a lot of it is just censoring down violence like replacing uses of the word blood with "something red".  Since a lot of people think of RN as FSN with new additional features, I didn't want them to feel like they were being downgraded by going from the 4.2 RN patch for 2004 FSN to this, since in a way this was originally, before the RN changes were translated, just a more efficient version of the RN patch for the orignal where we put the FSN text into RN instead of putting RN effects into FSN.  That said we also wanted to have a patch that was just a straight up translation of RN and nothing else since it's not, on an ethical level, right of us to put out a heavily altered version and not have the unaltered version available.

So the short version of that is: Koto's is just pure RN 100% while mine is a mix between FSN and RN text.  Basically some RN changes are in mine, like removal of certain lines like "Tohsaka says this" because the voices make them pointless, and the removal of things that are almost universally disliked like some of Shirou's more infamous sexist comments in Fate, but if there was something it contributed to the story, other lines were left in.  Such as the bit in Fate where Saber wipes Illya's cheek and comments on how beautiful her hair is, Shirou has a bit of narration that was cut that kinda references Saber's friendship with Irisiviel so that was left in since it contributes more to the experience.

Now about things pertaining to Sakura's abuse since I know that' what you care about most.  Sakura's actual abuse is made more vague, and her relationship with Shinji was totally re-written, so what I did was use if statements so that if you turn the H patch on, you can view the 2004 version and with the H patch off you will see the new RN version, letting the readers choose what they prefer basically.  So if you want to read the Sakura abuse stuff the way you remember it then keep the H scenes turned on basically.

Holy shit two posts in on DSM an already a textwall, I'm trying too hard.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
I thought you said you were doing a thing with the H scenes removed but with the rest of the RN censorship removed. Some people might want to remove the H scenes, that doesn't mean they want Sakura's character totally mangled by shitty censorship....

Using the description "H-free version" for the full RN thing is misleading, and will con people into reading the shitty censored version that totally fucks up Sakura's backstory and characterisation, and they have no way of even knowing that there is a better version there.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:31:15 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
That's what he did. Jack's version has an h/non h toggle, and his non-h version is a mix between F/SN vanilla and RN. The H version, if I'm reading that right, is pretty much F/SN as you remember it. Koto's is the pure RN version.  That make it clearer for you?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:38:56 PM by Alice »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
>Granting Sakura more dignity

>Shitty censorship

Are you really Sakura's fan or derive enjoyment from her suffering and you are complaining about her suffering given more dignity?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
That's what he did. Jack's version has an h/non h toggle, and his non-h version is a mix between F/SN vanilla and RN. The H version, if I'm reading that right, is pretty much F/SN as you remember it. Koto's is the pure RN version.  That make it clearer for you?

Yeah, that's clear, I just wish the announcement would say so, so people don't pick the inferior censored version by default.

>Granting Sakura more dignity

>Shitty censorship

Are you really Sakura's fan or derive enjoyment from her suffering and you are complaining about her suffering given more dignity?

In what sense does it give her "more dignity". It's still fucking obvious she is being raped, Zero outright states as much. The only difference is that a bunch of stuff is changed in a totally non-sensical manner, such as Sakura responding to Shinji beating her up despite having never done so before. It's just fucking stupid and makes no damn sense given her character.

And, Jack showed me some of the changes before, and the censorship in HF is just plain lazy at times. It's not like they've altered things to make more sense, they've just cut out any reference to sex and then glued together whatever is left with the minimum possible amount of effort. Hell, they didn't even bother to change the CG in the Shinji death scene to make Sakura be fully dressed (even though there is no reason she would not be given the lack of rape).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:51:44 PM by Cherry Lover »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
I thought you said you were doing a thing with the H scenes removed but with the rest of the RN censorship removed. Some people might want to remove the H scenes, that doesn't mean they want Sakura's character totally mangled by shitty censorship....

Using the description "H-free version" for the full RN thing is misleading, and will con people into reading the shitty censored version that totally fucks up Sakura's backstory and characterisation, and they have no way of even knowing that there is a better version there.
We need a switch, pronto!

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
In what sense does it give her "more dignity". It's still fucking obvious she is being raped, Zero outright states as much.

Realta Nua is more canon than Zero.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Mike, again, there's a switch on Jack's patch. The explanation's in the video. If you wanted him to expand on it in his OP, you could have just asked him nicely to do so.

Also, preemptive admin stuff, play nice people. I'm already sensing some hostility in here.

Koto

• Spiritron
  • When in Rome...
    • View Profile

Love you too, Mike!

Jacktheinfinite101

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Nice to see this went over so well from the start :/

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
In what sense does it give her "more dignity". It's still fucking obvious she is being raped, Zero outright states as much.

Realta Nua is more canon than Zero.

No, it's not. Plus, RN doesn't say "Sakura was not raped", it merely carefully avoids saying she was.

Mike, again, there's a switch on Jack's patch. The explanation's in the video. If you wanted him to expand on it in his OP, you could have just asked him nicely to do so.

Yes, I'm aware there is a switch in the patch, but it's not so well explained in the OP, and I really don't like the RN censorship of HF.

Love you too, Mike!

It's not your fault, you didn't write it....