General Discussion > Real World Topics

2014 FIFA World Cup

(1/11) > >>

Cherry Lover:
So, what do you guys think of the World Cup so far?

England seem to be in a bit of trouble, you would rather not lose your first match, but I think we played reasonably well and were somewhat unlucky. Based on Uruguay's last match I think we'll beat them, and I think we probably should be able to beat Costa Rica as well, so I think we'll go through.

Spain, on the other hand, are in real trouble, IMO. They've pretty much got to win their remaining two games now (and Chile are a pretty good team), if they lose they're out, and if they draw they're in big trouble (because their goal difference is so bad). And, if they do make it through, they're almost certain to play Brazil in the second round....

Arch-Magos Winter:
6th fastest goal in World Cup history just pulled off by an American. 32 seconds into the game he pretty much walked that thing into Ghana's net

Cherry Lover:
Yeah, that was pretty impressive. I think you'll win this game now. But, you've still got to play Germany and Portugal yet....

Arch-Magos Winter:
HAHAHA SWEET SWEET REVENGE.

2-1 US victory. First first match win for the US since the 1930's. Fucking hell this Group of Death just gave the US a gasp at struggling into the cup proper.

Cherry Lover:
Well, obviously winning is better than losing, but I'm pretty sure Ghana are the weakest of the other three teams in the group. I don't see you beating Germany (although it's not impossible), so it'll probably come down to the game between you and Portugal (although a draw will probably be enough, since Portugal got hammered by the Germans).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version