Author Topic: Meido Quest (Discussion)  (Read 1916 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Meido Quest (Discussion)
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »
As per the rules in the main thread lengthy or contested points need to be resolved here. Use as you need to.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Meido Quest (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »
What's the difference between Hisui and Kohaku in terms of maid outfits?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
Hisui's is a western style and Kohaku's is a kimono

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 12:57:12 AM »
4) Changing meido’s opinions (attempting to at any rate) players must start the statement with “Meido wonders if” otherwise it will be taken as an idle thought and only acted on should I deem it smart or funny

5) Gaining powers or items is done actively by saying “meido remembers her training with (insert ability, person etcetera)” and “Meido checks her pockets for X” respectively. Again as with her opinions anything else will be taken as an idle suggestion and ignored unless I find it smart or funny.
Quests are when a bunch of people decide/propose something and one is chosen by chance/votes

if a writer(Because that's what a quest giver is, a writer who writes other people's shit into reality, not the author of his own work) gets the right to veto things according to his tastes on "Smart or funny" it stops being a quest, it starts being "writing with general suggestions."

And that should not be in the RP section.

Fite me, Maiku.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »
4) Changing meido’s opinions (attempting to at any rate) players must start the statement with “Meido wonders if” otherwise it will be taken as an idle thought and only acted on should I deem it smart or funny

5) Gaining powers or items is done actively by saying “meido remembers her training with (insert ability, person etcetera)” and “Meido checks her pockets for X” respectively. Again as with her opinions anything else will be taken as an idle suggestion and ignored unless I find it smart or funny.
Quests are when a bunch of people decide/propose something and one is chosen by chance/votes

if a writer(Because that's what a quest giver is, a writer who writes other people's shit into reality, not the author of his own work) gets the right to veto things according to his tastes on "Smart or funny" it stops being a quest, it starts being "writing with general suggestions."

And that should not be in the RP section.

Fite me, Maiku.

There's no "veto right" here. The statement is "if you use this particular type of statement, it will work, otherwise I won't necessarily take notice of it".

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 01:20:54 AM »
>Will only be acted (as in will only happen) on if I (in other he himself) thinks (as in his thoughts) that it is funny or smart. Funny or smart is subjective and he picks what's funny or smart.

So he subjectively decides what's in the "Meido" thing depending on his preferences and stuff he doesn't find "funny or smart" he reserves the right to disregard.

there's a word for that

V for vagina, E for ethanol, T for tonka-toys, O for orichalcum

VETO

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 01:23:34 AM »
Only if you fail to start your statement with the words he gave.

Honestly, it looks to me like you are searching for an excuse to move it when you have none.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 01:56:55 AM »
honestly look, like, that's not even an argumentative statement, have you even read what I and he said?

Even if you write it like he says he decides whether or no shit goes along with it, removing the community-driven part of it and making him the head decider

which is like not a quest anymore

which is my point

which lrn2read

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »
Even if you write it like he says he decides whether or no shit goes along with it, removing the community-driven part of it and making him the head decide

Erm, no, if you say it as he says then he will go along with it, unless there are conflicting instructions (in which case he can't, for obvious reasons).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 02:05:26 AM »
You've misinterpreted the intention of my statement names. The phrases are to confirm what people want. It's there to differentiate asking the group what should be done and having Meido do something.

when I did this on bl no one complained they just played. The one who has the problem Names is you and it's one of misinterpretation and semantics.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 07:34:58 PM »
Nachos is right and I trust his judgement, he has experience in the field of quests after all. I participated in few, and this is not anything remotely similar to them.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »
Looking at it:

The intention is supposed to be:
4) To change meido’s opinions players must start the statement with “Meido wonders if”, otherwise it will be taken as an idle thought. Idle thoughts may only be acted on should I deem them smart or funny

5) Gaining powers or items is done actively by saying “meido remembers her training with (insert ability, person etcetera)” and “Meido checks her pockets for X” respectively. Again, players must start the statement with the above quotes, otherwise it will be taken as an idle thought. Idle thoughts may only be acted on should I deem them smart or funny.

I think people are misunderstanding that part due to lantz's usual wording style.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:45:35 PM by KAIZA »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »
I'm just accounting for the right to conversation, it's a quest for sure. The difference is that in other quests out there or ones I've done this is a group controlling and developing a single character as they adventure.