Author Topic: Gaian Mighty Shapeshifting Fera Rangers or weaboo Werewolf 20 chronicle  (Read 2672 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Peeps, I'm planning a Werewolf chronicle set in Okinawa, Japan, parodying themes from tokusentai and being generally weeb.

We have three players already, Magos, Gray and Soldat. Two more players would be neat to reach the perfect number for a sentai (that's actually how packs are called in Hengeyokai setting).

You can pick any of Changing Breeds (including Garou, of course), but those typically outside Japan will need some justification why they are here in Okinawa.

Earliest launch date: August 2014.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:00:02 PM by Cool Kat »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
So, just to clear. Is this a sentai parody where werewolves change to sentai battle gear? Or just a parody because werewolves change and that's like Sentai?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
No sentai battle gear. I will only take elements from the genre, since in W20:Changing Breeds Eastern Asian equivalent of Garou Nation's (New World and European organisation of Garou a.k.a werewolves) and Ahadi's (African organisation of shapeshifters) packs are called sentais and this terminology are both used by independent shifters and the Beast Courts of Hengeyokai (Eastern Asian organisation of werecreatures).

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Lyco wants to be the fruit bat Camazotz. :V
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
I should have said it at the beginning, no Lost Breeds (Camatotz, Apis, Grondr) because I would have to change the universe in more major way than I can handle personally.

For example, I let Magos to be Gurahl in Japan because his character traces his lineage outside of Japan. Native werebears are thought to be extinct in Japan, but there is nothing stopping Gurahl from other regions to try and resettle. So basically you can play native Breed or immigrant if they exist somewhere in the world. Ajaba, though theoretically unlikely due to sheer geographical distance, may still be in the team.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Drat. I don't quite want to go Mokole or Nagah, though both are interesting, and Kitsune would be too obvious and cliche. Looking through the others, I suppose I'll look into Bastet and Ajaba, perhaps?
Might help to have diversity among the "team".
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:47:09 PM by Lycodrake »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Lyco, Bastet are as varied as Garou when it comes to intertribal distinctions that there is lot to choose from.

I agree for Ajaba too. African based Breed they are, but are now mostly refugees and canonically you can find them in South East Asian even. Pushing back east more is not out of question.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Thank you for the clarification.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Since I've been wanting to RP a Gnoll in D&D, Ajaba is right up my alley - though I'm more likely to go Dusk since Dawn seems a "social" class/auspice.
As for Bastet, I'm mainly looking into Bagheera and Pumonca.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/wta20/index.html

Mechanics of W20 without the fluff, good for creating characters.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
Still thinking it over. I wanted to do a Corax, but Gray also has a concept for that, and diversity seems like something worthy of pushing for. Besides, I doubt I'd have been able to get the FC I wanted for the combat form, so...

I'm looking at Ananasi right now. If someone could link me to a sample sheet or storytime playthrough of one so I can get a better look at how they tend to be played, I would appreciate the effort.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
I don't have a one, unfortunately, but I could ask tomorrow on WoD official forum.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Just going over the Garou tribe "personalities".
Bone Gnawer's stereotypes of other tribes sound like Magos to a T. XP
For me, if I went with a Garou character? Hm...I'd probably go with Child of Gaia or Stargazer? Not sure.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:37:25 PM by Lycodrake »

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
I don't have a one, unfortunately, but I could ask tomorrow on WoD official forum.

If you please, danke.

@Lyco: Just make a Bastet. DO EET. BE THE DOCTOR I COULD NEVER BE. MAKE IT WORTHWHILE.

GO WHITE RANGER TIGER POWER, GO WHITE RANGER RIGHT NOOOOO-OOOOO-OOOOW~

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
That I know what you are referencing makes me shed manly tears for knowing the Sentai version of the White [Tiger] Ranger. ;n;