Author Topic: Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]  (Read 19496 times)

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
Re: Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »
[X] Have her show you.

You consider the choices she offered you. More importantly, the offered choices and the unoffered choices.

Show or tell.

But nothing about waiting or thinking.

There was the worrying smile directed at you. Some might deem it sultry. Others might call it teasing. But there was the hint of danger there. Absolute danger.

The gentle curve of soft peach hued lips, to you, spoke of mischief. But not malicious mischief, just one that was more amused. As if she knew something you didn't.

With her face hanging directly over yours, a veil of white hair concealed the world around you and gave a certain intimacy in your conversation. The warmth of her body was one shared by the bed and the blanket that covered the two of you.

That scent of sakura petals hung heavy in the air. Or rather the scent that you had associated with her. With Saver, no... Sakura.

You had to restrain your body to prevent it from acting on the urges from the sensations imposed upon you. It has been a very long time since anyone had this kind of an intimate moment with you.

While she could tell you, it wouldn't be the same as being shown. In much the same manner that various mysteries had to be experienced to gain an understanding of, you suspect that you would need to be shown to gain any true appreciation of what it was that had been done to you.

"Why don't you show me?" There was a patient air in your voice. It wasn't just because you had to flood your body with prana to keep it from reacting to the nearness of the very female body of Sakura.

That smile didn't slip from her face as you made your request. Rather, there was a slight nod as she pushed her body away from yours much like that of a push up.

With her arms by your sides, you were trapped. As it were.

"Very well, Kariya-ojiisan," there was a giggle.

And it felt as if you were lying upon a cold mirror, or perhaps a block of ice. Which was when there might might a sense of foreboding, just the slightest one, before you catch sight of something dark rising around the two of you...

And you were pushed.

Pulled.

Dragged under.

Slipped under.

Water that wasn't water.

Darkness, and yet you could see. You could sense.

The only problem was that you couldn't hear. The countless voices of the dead Matou and Zolgen were... silenced. And in that silence, you were once more alone within your mind and body.

Floating above you and between you and that slowly fading pane of light in the distance was Sakura. You could feel things twisted and moving against your body.

The primal urge from your lower brain to fight, to run, to do something rose... you could feel the disconnect from where you were and where you are.

This wasn't real.

This was wrong.

It was dark, infinitely dark. And yet, it was more than just dark. Darkness implied an absence of light, that light existed somewhere. Here, there was instead negative light. Here, light didn't just not exist, it never was, never could be, never would be.

To ease the primordial parts of your brain, you close your eyes and heard the racing beats of your heart. And alongside it, a soft lullaby.

Soft warm hands encircled your body.

Warm femaleness pressed against your body, and you found your head resting against generous female bountiful talent. Soft curves, warmth and tenderness.

Slowly, your heart calmed itself.

There was nothing to fear.

There was only the here and now. A oneness.

Your body relaxed. Yes, that was it. You could rest.

And you found yourself simply letting everything go. A soft voice sand wordlessly to you, asking you to trust it.

You did.

Your body reacted... differently, and yet... you felt it was natural. How could you resist your instincts? Why would you stop it? How could you stop it?

There was no mana here to channel.

Your od simply flowed in accordance to your body's needs and not to the demands of your mind.

Thus, there was no prana to be used. There was no mysteries here. Only oneness.

The needs of your body was fulfilled with warm wetness enfolding around it. While soft arms encircled you and yours around a female form.

Needs, wants, everything was met here in the eternal depths of the shadows.

Eventually, your eyes opened to meet another pair of crimson eyes.

Amusement and satisfaction could be found here. "This is my world. This is where I slumbered after saving the world. A world that wasn't a world. A dream within a dream."

You had to think about what she meant. "A reality marble?"

She really wasn't human, was she? After all, no human could create a reality marble. It required a mindset that wasn't human, that was alien to the world.

"No... but it is... close to one. This is the darkness that consumed the world, the darkness that was created in conjunction between my element of Imaginary Numbers, the matou mysteries, and that which lies within the Greater Grail," she spun above you, or was that in front of you, with arms stretched wide. "This, all of this, is the realm of quantum flux. The foam of infinite possibilities outside the normal space-time of Gaia's reality. Or you could call it my cursed boundary layer."

By focusing on the immaculate ivory figure of Sakura alone, you find yourself able to endure the shadows. Despite this, you could feel your psyche strain under the attempt to make sense of what you were perceiving.

"Do you want to stay here?" She spun once more to stand next to you, or perhaps float above you. "Or do you want to go back?"

There was the hint of a giggle in her voice, a hardness there that hinted the wrong answer might not be a pleasent thing and might require multiple command seals to escape.

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Day 5 / Infinite Shadows Works
 - - -

What Do?
[X] Reply, saying you'd be willing to stay awhile if she wanted you to...
[X] Ask to go back to the real world.
[X] Ask why she's been taking you here while you sleep?
[X] Write In
Sakura Quest - Sakura in Fishcake Land~ with extra kickass. [active]
Robin Quest - A frog, you are. A familiar, you also are. [active]
Kariya Kwest - Matou Kariya, call forth thy servant and win the 4th holy grail war. [active]
Harmony Quest - Gaslamp Adventures on a Hellmouth [active]

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 04:23:48 AM »
[X] Ask why she's been taking you here while you sleep?

"So...." You kept your eyes up. Yes, up was safe.... safer. Yes, safer to look at her face and not those soft generous curves that were only highlighted by the infinite primordial darkness. Or the... yes, much safer to look at her face.

"So." She smiled as she replied to your statement of taking where you were, and of your struggle to just look at her face and not look down at her feminine charms.

"Why?" An eyebrow rose at your question.

"Why?" And that smiled stayed, even as her crimson eyes closed somewhat, giving the impression of a lazy cat, even as she parroted your question.

"Yes. Why... this," You gestured around the two of you. "Why have you been bringing me here while I slept. Why bring me here at all in the first place?"

She nodded solemnly at your questions, with a not quite pout. "Those are very valid concerns."

You looked at her as she gave the appearance of thinking deeply.

"First, let me reassure you that it was for a very good reason," She smiled at your frown. "First, in the master and servant pairing, it's obvious that the master is the weak and squishy part of the relationship."

"And when one sleeps, one is vulnerable," She nodded at the obvious statement she just said. "So, it was only natural that we ended up in the same bed, and from there..."

She smiled and looked away, with one hand covering her mouth as she did a not quite laugh that you've SEEN Aoi do as a child. Especially when she was doing something evil or had done such and didn't want to laugh crassly. "Why, it was only perfectly normal for me to bring you to a safe place...."

"And this had absolutely nothing to do with the feelings you harbor for me and which you haven't exactly been hiding?" You sigh and forced the issue. Even if it wasn't the wisest of choices.

"Of course not, that would be ludicrous," She shook her head, hands on hips. "Why a master having carnal relationship with his servant... that would just be unthinkable and such."

"uh huh..." You raised an eyebrow at her now.

"Really," She beamed at you. "Besides, in such a relationship, it would imply that one wasn't a filthy filthy woman that used to be human."

You frowned now. What?

"Indeed... a filthy woman whose been soiled and stained by her very nature, driven beyond her wits and ending up not human and devouring all of humanity... that," She looked down now. "That would be the worse kind of thing to have a relationship with, wouldn't it?"

"Something insane and inhuman like that," She shook her head. "No one would want to associate with such a thing."

She was talking about herself, wasn't she?

You sigh at the way she averted her eyes from you. She was talking about herself.

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Day 5 / Filth
 - - -

What Do?
[X] Comfort her.
[X] Disagree with what she was saying. You didn't mind what she was. After all, look at you... you're a Matou magus.
[X] Agree with what she was saying. Best to end any chances of her thinking she could get you. You wanted Aoi, after all.
[X] Write In
Kariya Kwest - Matou Kariya, call forth thy servant and win the 4th holy grail war. [active]

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 05:11:09 AM »
[X] Gently hug her.
[X] Disagree with what she was saying. You didn't mind what she was. After all, look at you... you're a Matou magus.
[X] "Any reservations I have about such things stem not from the ludicrous reasons you stated, but from the fact that Sakura, the Sakura of this present, is my precious daughter. I am still wrestling with the idea that you are her, but not. That I would not be doing something wrong by caring about you in a different way than I do her. And I do care about you.."

You had known she had... issues from the dreams. Known, but kept quiet in the hopes that you wouldn't trip any mental landmines. Clearly, that wasn't going to help you in the here and now.

You sighed and pulled her into your arms, before enfolding her in them.

A hug.

One of the simplest ways to show affection, to give comfort. Her attempts to speak up in response to the hug was negated by the gentle stroking of hand down her back, and a soft not quite shhhing.

You can sense the self loathing, if not leaving, at least lessening with the hug. The stiffness in her shoulders slowly fading with time.

It appeared that human contact, human intimacy was your servant's weak spot.

"You know. You're wrong," You eventually spoke up, as you kept her in your hug. "You're not an inhuman monster. Or a filthy woman. You are you. And no matter what, I don't mind you for what you are. After all, look at me... I'm a Matou magus."

You smiled and tilted her face up with a single hand, so that she could look into your eyes. "I'm everything that I despised in my youth, but I endure because I'm me and if I can't bear myself, where would I be, huh?"

"It's not the same," She eventually murmured and looked down once more.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Any reservations I have about such things stem not from the ludicrous reasons you stated, but from the fact that Sakura, the Sakura of this present, is my precious daughter." You continued on as you returned to hugging her gently. "I am still wrestling with the idea that you are her, but not. That I would not be doing something wrong by caring about you in a different way than I do her. And I do care about you..."

"So, you don't need to be a perfect servant, or play at being an inhuman thing," You closed your eyes. "Just be yourself. That's all I want. Could you do that? For me?"

"Uh huh..."

"That's a good girl," You sighed and continued your hug.

Fade to black as time passes.

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Day 5 / Humanity
 - - -

What Do?
[X] Let's do some exploring, it's a new night and all that.
[X] Try and locate the last master and servant pair up. There are suppose to be seven partnerships, right?
[X] Investigate and try to stop the horrible serial murders, too much attention on Fuyuki is bad.
[X] Have dinner out with Saver, and along the way, let's provoke one of the other masters whose lair you know.
- - Team Archer [TOKIOMI! in his fancy house]
- - Team Assassin [Kotomine in his church]
- - Team Lancer [Lord El Melloi in his nice hotel]
- - Team Saber [Lady Einzbern in her castle]
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »
[X] Investigate and try to stop the horrible serial murders, too much attention on Fuyuki is bad.
Kariya Event - 1d100=76

That evening, you find yourself in an outfit you hadn't wore in... what felt like ages. A plain black long-sleeved turtle neck shirt, paired with a simple black slacks, and a sweater. Simple, dark, and unadorned.

Where you were going, it wouldn't do to be dressed too nicely.

After all, there was a dark underbelly to the city of Fuyuki, and it was there that you would be headed first with your companion. She too was dressed sensibly, a plain dress and blouse.

They were perfectly normal couple out enjoying the night, and really not even their unusual hair and eyes would draw anyone's attentions.

A simple mystic code would draw away the eyes of those who saw you, who might remark about the crimson eyes and the immaculate white hair. It wasn't strong enough to deter the eyes of those who had the ability to make use of prana, but then... for such a person, you had bigger worries, yes?

Or they had bigger problems if they had issue with you and Saver.

With that you wandered the mean streets of Fuyuki, stopping in for dinner at this little place you had heard good things of. It wasn't a proper restaurant, being more of a coffee shop. They did, however, have a pork curry to die for or so some have said. Others claimed it as a haven for hand-made pies.

The name hinted at exotic foreignness, even if its owner was just a perfectly normal japanese man by the name of George. The appearance gave the impression that it was a quiet little place, something for those in the know as it were.

You tried out the curry, while your servant seemed satisfied with the linguine covered generously with assorted mushroom, in a mushroom sauce. There was the sensation that you were missing out on something as she looked at your slyly while devouring her dinner.

That finely horned sense of danger that you had developed in those wartorn countries where you had struggled to survive as a photographer was pinging as if there was no tomorrow.

Still, you couldn't work out the source of said danger. It wasn't that blonde in a modest white outfit over there who resembled Saber, for one... she was on a date with someone who wasn't the Einzbern master. It might have been that other blonde with the crimson eyes... if she wasn't also on a date, and likely being stalked by that red head. It could have been the... you're not sure if they were twin girls one tanned the other as pristinely pale as the Einzbern master... if... wait... was that tanned girl... you're fairly certain that young teenagers should not be giving anyone that kind of sultry looks. Even if it was directed at her 'twin' who seemed quite aware of the look being directed at her and blushing.

Thankfully, dinner didn't last too long. And as you left Ahnenerbe, your sense of danger lowered even if Saver walked beside you with her arm entwined with yours. You had the feeling that you might have escaped certain doom.

As you ventured further into the dark underbelly of Fuyuki, you had a few choices of where to go...

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Night 5 / Ahnenerbe
 - - -

Where to now?
[X] Visit the Church to speak to Father Kotomine about your concerns, regarding the murders?
[X] Visit your contacts in the Fujimura Group to get some information?
[X] Drop by one of your investigators who were keeping an eye on [Write In]?
[X] Visit the entertainment districts?
[X] Visit the business districts?
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »
[X] Visit the entertainment districts?
(10:28:36 AM) qqdice: bii rolled 1d100: 51 = [51]

This wasn't a date. This was a reconnaissance mission by you and Saver.

You were patrolling the Entertainment district of Fuyuki, and Saver was not window shopping and dragging you into stores now and then to try on outfits and model for you.

Nor did you buy her takoyaki on a stick and take her to the park to walk slowly and enjoy the scenery.

No, you were patrolling. And that was that.

And really, you needed to investigate the inside of that movie theater. What if the serial murderer had set up a bounded feel inside the theater? And was draining the audience of their energy? There was that suspicious amount of people who went in and who didn't go out.

Thus, you bought tickets to the american movie Forrest Gump, you had heard good things about it.

And while the movie was subtitled, Saver was fluent enough with the english language that she understood it. Which was a relief as you didn't want to have to translate the occassional mistranslation.

The two of you enjoyed the movie, even if Saver had seen it before in her long ago youth.

Which left you enjoying a coffee and tea with delightful cakes after the movie that you fed each oth... okay, this was totally a date. There was only so much denial you could do, after all you weren't a Tohsaka.

Still, this was harmless, the two of you just enjoying a night out under the overt reason of patrolling for the serial killer.

And yet, despite all this... there was the skittering sensation of the two of you being watched. Of shadows shifting in dark alleys.

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Night 5 / It's not like I li... like you or anything
 - - -

What Do?
[X] Look for an empty lot or abandoned warehouse and confront the watchers.
[X] Retreat to your home with its countless layers of defense?
[X] Beard the watchers in public, counting on the inherent secrecy of magi behaviour.
[X] Write In.

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2014, 01:49:37 AM »
[X] Look for an empty lot or abandoned warehouse and confront the watchers.

It was clear to you that you were being observed.

Being herded out of the public eye.

It was so very obvious, really. Not just to you or Saver... but if any of the other Grail War masters were here, it would have been obvious to them. Even that young magus, Waver Velvet.

The shifting shadows,

The indistinct figures that hinted at flowing lines and far too inhuman motion.

The occasional slurping sound of wet flesh rubbing against itself, against concrete and the hard asphalt road.

You had a dark suspicion as to who or possibly what was being essayed against you.

An unknown servant, possibly Caster, or some one who could do summoning and binding magic. Which meant either Lord El-Melloi, Tokiomi, or well... you. It was possible that there was someone else looking to take out of the masters and "buying in" as it were. And that was always a danger with such events as the Holy Grail War.

And thus, you take your time to mender about, your connection to your familiars had an ever growing cloud of them in the heavens above you and Saver. More than that, she was ready for a fight.

Thus, you drew them off to an area where you could have privacy if it came down to a fight as you suspect it would.

It might surprise some that there were industrial areas in the city of Fuyuki where warehouses and buildings lay abandoned given how prosperous the city appeared. After all, the economy in Japan was booming at an unparalleled rate that some might call unsustainable.

And thus, the two of you wandered into the industrial area.

And from there, into a most disreputable region with run down buildings, overgrown empty lots.

Standing resolutely as you did in an empty street between abandoned warehouses and factories, you projected an image of a man who brooked no nonsense. "You can show yourself."

There was more of that disgusting moist flesh against flesh sound from the shadows.

Slithering and skittering.

That was when he walked out of the shadows.

A tall man, clad in a gray overcoat, with bulging fish eyes. The smile that he bore was insincere. The aura that hung around him was bloody and dangerous. More than that, he radiated the feel of inhumanity.

This was the master of those creatures hidden in the shadows.

This was a being that was... dangerous despite his not quite comical appearance.

"Greetings, Magus of the Matou." His voice was low pitched and sibilant. There was a sense of familiarity to him, as if somewhere in the memories of the countless Matou and Zolgen magi within your mind, he had been encountered before.
- - -
Kariya Kwest : Night 5 / An interloper
- - -
What Do?
[X] Fighto! [An actual battle plan would give bonuses, you have your familiars in the sky, Saver, and Magic based on control and sucking in magic]
[X] Diplomancy! [Please give an approach for conversation, aggressive, neutral, curiosity, etc]
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »
[X] Diplomancy! [Neutral]
(8:44:44 PM) bii-sleeping: gentlemen... please roll for me 1d100
(8:44:56 PM) qqdice: gibbousmoons rolled 1d100: 75 = [75]

"Greetings, Magus of the Matou." The voice of the stranger was low pitched and sibilant. There was a sense of familiarity to him, as if somewhere in the memories of the countless Matou and Zolgen magi within your mind, he had been encountered before.

Certainly, ther appearance of that being was unique enough that he should have been remembered. Given his height, that being hunched over only gave him the impression that he was of a normal human height there was the way his eyes bulged like that of a fish or perhaps a frog. An impression made more overt due to his hairless brow that bulged like muscles.

The fact that you didn't recall him was just another layer of uncomfortable unease.

"It appears that you have the advantage of me," There is a smile from you and a polite incline of head as you stayed to the side of Saver. High above in the night skies, your familiars prepare to spend themselves to buy you time. "Perhaps, you could grace me with your name?"

"How cautious of you, Matou," The... man said before he laughed. "Still, you may call me Blue Beard."

That name does not inspire confidence in you. Still, it was a hint of who he was. Certainly, the name and that inhuman presence he bore... there is the suspicion that this was a servant as opposed to an intruder into the holy grail war.

And yet... a single glimpse with your master's vision reveals that this was no heroic spirit summoned by the holy grail. It was something more natural...

He might be a dead ancestor.

Or perhaps a demon or elemental.

Or perhaps a magus whose dabbled in certain forbidden arts...

That last one was the most likely one. After all, you are well aware of how inhuman certain magus can get with their obsessive focus on attaining the source of everything.

Which left you with a slight problem, namely... how to work out what this man wanted.
- - -
Kariya Kwest : Night 5 / Diplomatic Probing
- - -
What Do?
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »

[X] What do you want from me?
(8:46:10 PM) qqbot: Fallenblades643 rolled 1d100: 17 = [17]

"What do you want from me?" The cool look you directed at the... man before you and Saver was calm, even and measured.

Certainly, that he held the knowledge advantage meant that you couldn't simply do as you pleased. Still, your familiars covered the heavens above, even if distance and ambient sound ensured that no normal human could hear the buzzing of their wings.

More than that, while Saver, no... while Sakura stood behind you to the side, she could protect you with her offensive abilities while you utilized the Matou mysteries.

And yet... and yet, that he knew who you were meant that he likely had an idea of what you could do, or at least the theories behind some of your mysteries.

It was... vexing, which was why you opened with with a direct question. It would throw him off. Perhaps, his reactions would allow you to see the things he had used to guide you to him.

"What I want?" There was a wide smile now. "So direct, so to the point... very unlike the other magus, hmmm?"

You settled for just giving him a lazy look as if to ask "so?".

Eventually, he sighed as if disappointed that his attempts to needle you had failed. "Very well... what I desire is to be able to set up a workshop here in Fuyuki."

"And you don't believe that the current second land owner won't give you permission." It wasn't very hard to work what he wanted, an alliance against Tohsaka Tokiomi.

"Just so." There was a nod from 'Blue Beard'.

At the silence from you, his lips slowly curved up. "I shall give you time to think on this, yes?"

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Day 6 / Offers in the Dark
- - -

"Kariya ojiisan, I don't trust him." You were once more ensconced within your home, deep within the basement. Sakura sat on your lap, her body leading against yours, warm and soft. The heady scent of cherry blossoms filled your nose.

The skittering sound of your familiars squirming against each other was comforting to you, helping to focus your thoughts... despite the sound once being something that you could not abide.

The countless voices within you murmured, the one thing that they did agree on was that this 'Blue Beard' had done his research. Which meant that there was a very dangerous reason for why Tohsaka wouldn't allow him into Fuyuki.

Always with research into Thaumaturgy, there were lines... boundaries that no magus should cross, but there were always those who did.

Was this 'Blue Beard' one of them? Or was he simply one whose research into the root one that did not appeal to the sensibilities of the Tohsaka?

What Do?
[X] Get in contact with 'Blue Beard' and accept his offer.
[X] Get in contact with 'Blue Heard' and reject his offer.
[X] Get in contact with Tohsaka, the enemy you know verses one you knew not...
[X] Take the day and night off from all of this nonsense?
-[X] Write In action for what you'll do?
[X] You will deal with this issue later, first... you had to win the Holy Grail War...
-[X] Write In action for the day.
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2016, 06:03:00 AM »

[X] Write In : Investigate Bluebeard
(7:58:04 PM) qqbot: gibbousmoons rolled 1d100: 6 = [6]

It was only common sense that if one encountered an unknown variable, that one had to make it known. This was a known thing since time immemorial, the unknown was dangerous, always.

A fact that you had witnessed in the years while you traveled across the world as a photojournalist. A fact that you knew within your heart as the Matou Magus as you crawled beneath the earth, walked upon the world....

You knew this. You had always known this.

And so, to make that which was unknown known, you would need to get in contact with certain people in the Clock Tower. There were minor magi there beholden to the Matou lineage, branch members as it were. And the request was easily done.

But if you were this 'Blue Beard', then you wouldn't have just settled for contacting the rival and enemy of the second Land Owner. No, chances were that he had contacted the other Masters in the Holy Grail War.

After all, if he wanted to just set up shop... it wouldn't have taken much for him to simply set up a workshop without notifying Tohsaka.

Which mean... that he likely had a workshop as it was in Fuyuki already and that attention was potentially being directed at it.

And thus, you found yourself talking to the underground detectives... your requests for information on individuals that looked like 'Blue Beard' were made, but there was no promise on when you would acquire the information. Still, while it was unlikely that you would find more information on him via the mundane side of things... there was always a possibility that he had been careless.

And now, you just needed to wait and see what information would make its way to you.

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Day 7 / Investigation
- - -

It was almost an afternote... but it appeared that the Einzbern master had acquired back up. How distasteful... but there was no denying the effectiveness of the Einzbern Homunculus in a combat role.

More than that, it was almost a requirement given that Saber was crippled as she was by the effects of Lancer's cursed spear.

What Do?
[X] Target Tohsaka, he was the strongest player with Gilgamesh.
[X] Go after the Einzbern, nothing wrong with taking out an enemy, right?
[X] You had a nice target in the form of Lancer and El-Melloi.
[X] Search for the Waver boy, nothing personal... but war is war, right Iskander?
[X] Chase after Kirei and Assassin... after all, he specializes in dealing with supernatural beings.
[X] Continue to investigate the serial murderer?
[X] Write In

Biigoh

• Please~
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
    • I has fanfics~
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »

[X] Continue to investigate the serial murderer?

Investigation is not a simple thing, despite what some might claim. And it is nothing like what is shown on television or films, it is not simply a matter of things falling into the lap of the investigator or detective, who would at the end of the show go ah ha and show how everything had happened.

No, true investigation was dirty work. It required casting a wide net to acquire information, to chase after leads, to piece it together. All too often, one ended up with incorrect information, be it from tampering or things being not what one was expecting.

You were not like Tokiomi. For one, you believed in using mundane resources. True, it required an extra layer to confirm that there were no... supernatural influences on them, but that just required redundancies.

Directing your investigators, your detectives, your paid police officers... you studied the timeline of the murders and found things were not as simple as you had imagined it would be.

For one, the murders were not simply a case of 'random occult' scribbling that came from a deranged mind. Not when blood was used to paint thaumaturgical wards... or more accurately, it was a summoning circle painted in blooded.

Crude, disguised among random occult symbolism, but the fact was... it appeared that a magus was disguising their attempts to use the murders as a catalyst.

And the last known set of murders might have been successful. Four girls butchered, nothing surprising there. It was the fifth... the fifth had been freed before dying horribly as she attempted to escape.

It was unlikely for the murders to continue, given that the summoning was successful... and yet... it worried you, as to who or what was summoned.  The behavior and appetite of the Heroic Spirit might require that the murders continue.

Well... if you focused on that servant summoned, you would deal with the murderer and resolve the issue.

Based on the information collected, the murderer was male or a tall female with a matching upper body strength, as well as a propensity of using small and very sharp bladed weapons.

The other issue is that, the murders didn't explain the rash of disappearances. One might believe that the murderer was responsible for the disappearances of various  people who wouldn't be missed or easily missed, but there were holes here and there... the pattern of disappearances didn't fit with the murders.

Rather, it appeared that the disappearances was a result of someone taking advantage of the serial killer.

You had the suspicion that 'Blue Beard' might be responsible in part for either one or possibly both of these issues.

How vexing, which is why you're relaxing at home on the sofa as you listened to the radio play soft music while Sakura rested her head on your lap. You had been 'promoted' from a Matou magus to a lap pillow!

- - -
Kariya Kwest : Night 8 / Results
- - -

What Do?
[X] Get in contact with 'Blue Beard' and accept his offer.
[X] Get in contact with 'Blue Beard' and reject his offer.
[X] Get in contact with Tohsaka, the enemy you know verses one you knew not...
[X] Get in contact with the mediator of the Holy Grail War and [Write In]?
[X] Target Tohsaka, he was the strongest player with Gilgamesh.
[X] Go after the Einzbern, nothing wrong with taking out an enemy, right?
[X] You had a nice target in the form of Lancer and El-Melloi.
[X] Search for the Waver boy, nothing personal... but war is war, right Iskander?
[X] Chase after Kirei and Assassin... after all, he specializes in dealing with supernatural beings.
[X] Write In