Author Topic: Crossover ideas thread  (Read 25583 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover ideas thread
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »
Well I haven't the faintest clue who would get them. A lucavi summoning usually entails permanently possessing the summoner and outright killing him effect as the lucavi pretty much wears their skin.

Oh, I see....

If something were to happen regarding Sakura, I would imagine that she would undergo her Heaven's Feel transformation. Maybe have Shinji get a stone, turn him into a Lucavi and Sakura goes full on lesser grail then kills him. In Heaven's Feel, it seemed like Sakura was kind of insane with a plan, here she would just be plain insane. Partially anyway.

Sakura doesn't turn Dark quite that easily, though. You'd need more than that to make it happen. That also doesn't sound like a particularly great situation for her....

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
It would be interesting to see the Lucavi try to take over Sakura. Considering the greater grail probably watches over her as the ideal vessel at the time...

So she'd kill Shinji after he turns Lucavi. Sakura takes the holy stone by instinct, believing she could justify self-defense by showing it to people that it turned Shinji into a monster she had to kill. Meeting with Zouken who is less than disappointed with her killing Shinji nudges her psychologically. She locks herself in her room rationalizing herself. Thinking maybe if she acted like it never happened then it would be fine. But the voice of the lucavi speak through the stone. It pierces through the veil of deceit she put over her heart. It exposes all her secrets and gleefully watches her break apart enough to wish it would take her place. The grail does not allow it and fights back, telling Sakura that her purpose is set. This just puts her further on edge. When Rider returns to her and Zouken realizes Sakura is practically withdrawing from the war, he takes measures to force her into battle, starting by killibg the weakest master; Emiya. That just breaks Sakura and the holy stone begins to react and the grail follows suit. She becomes possessed by the Lucavi but not to the point of destroying her as the grail has taken root in her as all the world's evils. The powers clash violently but they compliment each other giving Sakura more than enough power to annihilate Zouken. The grail wishes to be born but so do the lucavi wish for Ultima's return. The two wishes gnaw away at Sakura who is already frazzled and she pushes their plans away. All she wants is a place to belong so she begins to look for people to accept her, all of her.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
What do you mean, "people to accept her"?

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2015, 12:09:49 AM »
The status quo just before the events of the war has always been Sakura hiding away the truth of herself, terrified no one would like her/accept her if they knew the truth about her. This time instead of her problems, her sufferings and her sins being something she treats as having never existed; they mount up into something she can't control. She wants to be able to confide in someone- family, friend, lover. Something that Rider can only partially fulfill. She wants to be able to confide in someone who won't shun her as dirty or a monster.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:52 PM »
Well, the problem is that the only family and friends she has are Rin and Shirou (maybe Taiga, I guess, but she's a normal person). I mean, she could confide in them easily enough and they would accept her (Shirou especially), but she generally lacks the self-confidence to do so.

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2015, 02:24:25 AM »
There's also the problem of her not being able to control the warring powers of the grail and lucavi inside of her. Though she isn't possessed by either; they kind of start causing all these wierd paranormal effects like demons spawning around her. And she just seems to not care about any of that in her fragile mental state at that time.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
Hmm, I see.

Well, what would her overall role in the story be, then? Would she be treated sympathetically, or just as some villain to be put down?

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
It's actually a mix. I mean she isn't in control of the phenomena but her denial of everything is basically making everything worse. Though Rin is capable of saying she'd kill her sister for the greater good, Agrias is a noble knight through and through. She would actually exhaust all options before resorting to killing Sakura.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2015, 03:36:44 AM »
Hmm, and is there another option available...?

Also, as much as Rin blusters about killing Sakura for the "greater good", it's not something she's very good at doing. So, I doubt there would be much resistance on her part....

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2015, 05:21:59 AM »
Generic force themselves to save her via deus ex machina BS miracle.

They can also kill her but Agrias informs a devastated Rin that in the past the holy stone had been shown to resurrect the dead when prayed to. However the circumstances that allowed for a perfect resuscitation were rather... unclear to say the least because in every other case all the stone had done was turn people into skins for Lucavi demons. So Rin is faced with either leaving her sister dead or risking everything on the holy stone that had been inhabiting Sakura's body.

It is to be noted that Agrias had only witnessed a clean resurrection only once. All the others were just demon revivals.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:22:34 AM by demino_hellsin »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2015, 01:26:49 AM »
Generic force themselves to save her via deus ex machina BS miracle.

They can also kill her but Agrias informs a devastated Rin that in the past the holy stone had been shown to resurrect the dead when prayed to. However the circumstances that allowed for a perfect resuscitation were rather... unclear to say the least because in every other case all the stone had done was turn people into skins for Lucavi demons. So Rin is faced with either leaving her sister dead or risking everything on the holy stone that had been inhabiting Sakura's body.

It is to be noted that Agrias had only witnessed a clean resurrection only once. All the others were just demon revivals.

Hmm, right, and would they attempt the resurrection in that case, and would it work...?

demino_hellsin

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »
Personally I think it could go either way. Ofcourse everyone wants the happy ending so Rin would try and succeed. The pragmatic thing to do would be to not do it at all, this is the route I would support because of the multitude of risks. Worst case scenario is Rin tries, fails, then Agrias cuts down the Lucavi that had taken Rin over.

Or we could go completely Nasu level weirdness and demonstrate that Rin actually has affinity for the second magic by showcasing a spell she had prepared for the longest time as her trump card for the war. Which is fragmenting the future into multiple segments to represent routes or possible futures. All she would have to do is find the future she wants and take it. But the risks involved are also high with the rewards extremely low. She can only use the spell once since it's kind of like a preloaded one use spell. The future she picks can only be a possible future within the next sixty seconds. Her mana will be the only tether she has to her original timeline and it is cut loose or disappears because she ran out of prana then she'll be doomed to wander the multiverse or randomly end up in an alternate future.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
Personally I think it could go either way. Ofcourse everyone wants the happy ending so Rin would try and succeed. The pragmatic thing to do would be to not do it at all, this is the route I would support because of the multitude of risks. Worst case scenario is Rin tries, fails, then Agrias cuts down the Lucavi that had taken Rin over.

Just murdering Sakura and leaving her dead is a horrible ending, though, and shows that they are absolutely not heroes in any way, shape or form....

Or we could go completely Nasu level weirdness and demonstrate that Rin actually has affinity for the second magic by showcasing a spell she had prepared for the longest time as her trump card for the war. Which is fragmenting the future into multiple segments to represent routes or possible futures. All she would have to do is find the future she wants and take it. But the risks involved are also high with the rewards extremely low. She can only use the spell once since it's kind of like a preloaded one use spell. The future she picks can only be a possible future within the next sixty seconds. Her mana will be the only tether she has to her original timeline and it is cut loose or disappears because she ran out of prana then she'll be doomed to wander the multiverse or randomly end up in an alternate future.

Hmm, possibly....

I'm not sure pre-war Rin would be able to make such a spell, though.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »
I wish we had a honest to God Star Wars x Fate crossover fic instead of that shit called Saber Wars.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2016, 04:08:52 PM »
It would be an interesting concept, yeah. There are a bunch of ways you could fit FSN's story and characters into the Star Wars universe and make it work.