Author Topic: Debate Everything  (Read 19370 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Debate Everything
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »
Until I see some manners exercised I'm not answering thing one.

Lantz, treat others as you would like to be treated. As in, I'll have absolutely no respect for you because you don't respect anyone but your gayboy berserker Mike. You wouldn't know what manners were if I violently inserted them into your face with my fist.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:19:32 PM by Brahmastra »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
I believe that I was justified in pointing out the hypocrisy. Please just answer what was your point and give me specifics on how I offended you.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Lantz, whilst Brah is being a complete dick about this, Gray does have a valid point. I'm honestly not entirely sure what you meant with a lot of this stuff.

Brahmastra

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »
There's a difference between karma and being a complete dick. I'm given lantz what he has built for himself for months.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
There's a difference between karma and being a complete dick. I'm given lantz what he has built for himself for months.

Then don't complain when he responds to your attitude in a similarly-negative manner. If you want to actually get a response rather than to just be an ass, then be polite about it.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
Perhaps Mike, but Alice just kinda threatened me last page, so I'm not answering out of principle.

Brahmastra

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »

Then don't complain when he responds to your attitude in a similarly-negative manner. If you want to actually get a response rather than to just be an ass, then be polite about it.

Mike I don't actually give a shit if he responds to me in a negative manner. What I demand is a response to begin with.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2014, 08:43:18 PM »
lantz. It was not intended as a threat, merely I was being intimidating because you insulted me, and wanted an answer. But you know what? Fine.

Consider this. You're pretty much one step away from a warning at this point. That's how angry I am about this. I would take that seriously if I were you, instead of just continuing to treat me this way.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:08:47 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
Hmm, certainly it's inconsistent to be against movie quotes while claiming to follow a comic book character's political leanings. Just saying, it's inconsistent.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
Okay Lantz. Alice just explained that what she said wasn't a threat but can I at least try to understand this piece.
Even if it was a threat and you were right from my perspective it seems like you want to refuse out of principle because a moderator threatened to moderate you since you were refusing to be cooperative. That doesn't make any sense Lantz.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
Once again Gray you missed basically everything going on.

in any case. In order to be a hypocrite I'd have had to imply it was wrong in some way and then do it myself. I did not, I am therefore not a hypocrite. There's a difference in not liking or ignoring an approach and stating it is wrong. I hate movie quotes and disregard them because they are a cheap away of putting up an argument (See kill bill volume two and superman therein) and are often accompanied by straw arguments or no argument at at.

however in this context I mostly ignored Alice's post due to recent history, not the movie quote itself.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »
But, Lantz, in another thread you used a comic book as a basis for your political beliefs. I'm not sure how that is not the same (in concept) as using movie quotes to back up an argument, if not worse. Plus, sometimes people do say sensible things in movies....

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
But, Lantz, in another thread you used a comic book as a basis for your political beliefs. I'm not sure how that is not the same (in concept) as using movie quotes to back up an argument, if not worse. Plus, sometimes people do say sensible things in movies....

Even your buttboy agrees you're being a hypocrite, Lantz.  :P

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
The difference being that I explained what those beliefs were and didn't try to claim them as realistic. My example of movie quotes is one that in particular proves my point about them being unreliable at best and an utter pile of garbage at worst.

I actually went on to accurately explain the belief rather than just saying I believe this and never replying. Again movie quotes are often never backed up to begin with. There's the difference.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
The difference being that I explained what those beliefs were and didn't try to claim them as realistic.

Erm, you were acting like you thought they were realistic, and that you genuinely wanted them to happen....

My example of movie quotes is one that in particular proves my point about them being unreliable at best and an utter pile of garbage at worst.

One bad quote doesn't make all quotes bad....

I actually went on to accurately explain the belief rather than just saying I believe this and never replying. Again movie quotes are often never backed up to begin with. There's the difference.

Well, we kind-of never got to the "explain the belief" stage because all of this exploded....

And, the movie quote was just illustrating how she felt. It doesn't make it any less of an expression of an opinion just because someone else said it first.