Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 60818 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »
I was obviously referring to type moon fans Arch. Now please leave.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
As of yet, so was he.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
He said that Lantz doesn't have any fans, so he was obviously referring to Lantz there....

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
fans=type moon community
lantz=lantz

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2014, 11:38:58 PM »
Bdoom, if you aren't going to follow the rules and be constructive then please leave. These jabs at me are not welcome, in fact they violate the rules of the thread. I don't think a reboot is required for the character or setting. The idea was brought up to be inclusive to people like yourself who are new fans. Please use the subject at hand properly from now on instead of as a platform for these attacks.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2014, 06:41:27 AM »
Reboot?

I'm willing to contribute, I actually have a suggestion regarding Gil that might work, give me a bit to work it out.

By work it out I mean sleep, I just looked over here as I was preparing to log off for the night.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:44:09 AM by Kurogami »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »
Welcome back Kuro, you should check out the RP ideas thread, we're talking about an smt RP.

as to the reboot, I'd love to hear your idea but as it stands the fans seem to think Gilgamesh is unbeatable period so I'm not sure if they'll accept your opinion on the subject. Still, post it all the same.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
No, fans don't think Gil is unbeatable. The VN shows him being defeated three times, and everyone I've seen has been arguing he can be defeated. What you can't do is make a character who is more powerful than him in general, who can beat him by sheer force. However, as you constantly argue whenever powerlevels are brought up, being more powerful does not mean automatic victory. Gil's ego gets in the way, and a clever character can use that to defeat him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
What cherry is saying, we complain because the way you have had satoshi beat gil in the past doesn't make sense.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »
It wasn't Satoshi Bdoom. Regardless I'm sorry but you are all far too unfair. Gilgamesh can only be defeated by surprise or skill, the situation was one where Satoshi's origin assisted said surprise. Gilgamesh was thereby sucker punched. It makes sense. All you do is block out the only way he can be beaten and then shit on me when I tell the truth.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
Well satoshi's origin mergeing was kind of completely unrealistic too.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
His origin was developed as a matter of the course. His soul is broken, as such it needs to be repaired and recollected. Thus his origin Unification and Restoration. The fact that it causes OCD and masks his form and presence as a human are side effects as is his ability to adapt techniques and use weapons which can't be used.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
Lantz, the soul breaking in the first place doesn't make an ounce of sense in nasu canon, they're kind of immutable, from my understanding.
Quote from: seikadoc
Your soul is immortal. Attaching your soul to a body causes it to decay. Heaven's Feel(the third magic) is awesome because it materialises the soul directly, bypassing the need for a body, thus making you immortal.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:00:58 PM by Sakura »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »
Well Serious Gil is unbeatable. Standard Gil is an idiot who will get caught by the lamest kinds of tricks if the plot needs him to.

Think of it as a reverse instinct, instead of being saved by the plot at the last second like with instinct, he fucks up and forgets or fails to notice something important at the worst moment because he isn't paying attention, then he dies.

It is best to treat him as two separate characters.

Anyway my Idea is to have Gil mostly not be antagonistic (There are ways) so that Satoshi will not need to beat him (One rarely needs to defeat allies and neutral parties), I am still thinking it out along with several other ideas so I will try to post my current ideas all at once.

Origins actually come before the soul and permeate every particle that makes one up. It is the unspoken, absolute direction of an entire existance that drives a being to exist in the first place. Realistically his origin would likely change to match or complement the dragon even if it actively prevented soul crushing. I have an idea about the dragon too.

I have lots of Ideas, be ready.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:59:16 PM by Kurogami »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »
the soul merging is kind of impossible though. And even if it was, Satoshi would cease to exist, the dragon's existence is far more powerful than satoshi could be. The dragon's soul would simply overwrite Satoshi's.
Quote from: Seikadoc
- /To be fair, it says they're immortal, not invulnerable. I presume that a materialized soul can be damaged in similar ways to how a body might. Though since it's a soul maybe it's more along the lines of how you can harm a Heroic Spirit?/
I would say no. If you want to get specific, when done right, the end result of the Third is supposed to be "不老不死", i.e. eternal youth and immortality. The phrasing is pretty explicit.
The result of a true Third would be some sort of permanent inert indestructible entity that has infinite mana. Pretty god-like.
Servants are a form of limited application of the Third.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/10-Questions-questions-and-more-questions-(read-the-bloody-OP)/page2023?p=961841#post961841
The soul shapes the body. As long as your soul is in pristine condition, it can shape an amorphous blob of a puppet body into the correct shape.

Zouken is disintegrating because his soul had decayed over the 500 years, so even when he moves into a new body, the body will disintegrate right to the extent of his soul.

The reason Saber was not transformed into a dragon is because her soul isn't merged or anything with a dragon, it literally just lives inside her magic core.
- So this "Dragon Factor" thing we have been discussing, it's not dragon soul, dragon genes, or dragon blood.
It's this "dragon" that lives in the middle of this "magical core", and it's powering Sabre and her Mana Burst.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:22:41 PM by Sakura »