Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61205 times)

Brahmastra

Re: character Q and A
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2014, 03:42:51 AM »
Q: what in the fuck is a "unification of souls" and for what reason should I believe that it doesn't rape the mechanics of the nasuverse in it's bunghole?

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2014, 03:43:41 AM »
Desist and ask actual questions or leave.
Salto just asked you to explain, lantz. And as someone who has more than a passing knowledge of mythology and religion, I'm rather...irked by your "I'm right about reincarnation and everyone else is wrong" thing. Reincarnation doesn't mean souls are onions.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2014, 03:55:50 AM »
OK, guys, this is getting ridiculous. Either follow the rules of the thread (which includes not complaining about the answers he gives and being respectful) or just leave, OK?

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2014, 03:59:34 AM »
^ This. This thread is meant to be a place to ask questions, and give suggestions if needed, yet all I see is complaining, with no useful contribution

Lantz AU has different Soul Mechanics from canon Nasuverse. What a shocking development, it almost makes one think that it is an alternate universe where the rules are different from what we know. Now stop ignoring the rules and arguing without contributing any useful suggestions, or I start reporting people.

Q. What are the soul mechanics in your AU?

Augustine

• Saint of Summer
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2014, 04:00:58 AM »
^ This. This thread is meant to be a place to ask questions, and give suggestions if needed, yet all I see is complaining, with no useful contribution

Lantz AU has different Soul Mechanics from canon Nasuverse. What a shocking development, it almost makes one think that it is an alternate universe where the rules are different from what we know. Now stop ignoring the rules and arguing without contributing any useful suggestions, or I start reporting people.

Q. What are the soul mechanics in your AU?

We might as well just ask, what are the magecraft mechanics?  What are the life mechanics?  What are the mechanics in general? 
It is a good pain.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »
Soul mechanics are a narrow enough topic that Lantz should be able to answer in a couple of paragraphs even if he made an entirely new system.

If I remember correctly he said that he is actually working on a materials set to deal with those questions, I just thought that the topic at hand was narrow enough that it would stand addressing here.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:12:46 AM by Kurogami »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2014, 04:38:27 AM »
@Kuro

A: the cosmology of the story includes every afterlife and alternate areas like the shadow lands.

as such the throne is not the only thing to deal with souls. Souls can gain weight, elements etcetera depending on the conditions as well.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
GUISE GUISE! remember he's got magic. He could probably shape shift. He could look like whatever he wants and since he's got so much mana, he probably doesn't even need to look like what he's supposed to look like.

Q. Could you better explain to us how the souls are bonded?

Q. What prevents Satoshi's soul from being overridden by the Dragon's soul, as a powerful natural being would have a far greater weight in its soul than its host?

Q. What benefits does the dragon gain from bonding with Satoshi?

Q. What is the dragon's name (if it doesn't have a name a human can say, what does your cast call it? Just dragon?)
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2014, 06:51:23 AM »
@Qwerty

A: Ancient rituals created by the dragons to create champions.

A: The dragon itself and later the mastery of the aspect.

A: A champion to defend and serve him

A: the name is never given, it's in the dragon language. Everytime the name is said most people just flinch and nod to keep their ears from bleeding.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »
A champion to defend and serve him

Why friggin DRAGON needs a bodyguard?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »

There is nothing to contribute. Lantz's Nasuverse is so different from the actual one you could make it Original Fiction and suffer absolutely no consequences. There is nothing we can do to help because canon no longer applies in any way.

Edit: AU can be Sakura being kepy by Tokiomi, different servants being summoned, or even fucking servant mechas(as long as you can explain it). Lantz is absolutely destroying canon without any explanation on why it's different, and there is no way you can explain why the soul mechanics are different.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:51:37 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
The reason I'm saying lantz should write original fiction isn't because it's bad (which it is), it's because then I can stop trying to treat it like it's in any way related to the Nasuverse. It's not about AU, or raping established canon, it's that he flat-out refuses to adhere to the established mechanics of that universe and all the worldbuilding within it. The unwritten rule of writing fiction of any decent caliber is that you obey to the rules of the universe you write within. Urobuchi didn't go "I'm doing it anyway because it sounds cool" when Nasu told him to not make a Xian a Caster for Zero because that defies the established mechanics of the Grail (read: The Grail cannot summon spirits from "the east", meaning China, Japan and anything else east of India. Before you say "but what about the Moon Cell?", Moon Cell works 100% differently and Medea got Kojiro by forcing the Grail to give her it's best shot; a nameless farmer who resembled Kojiro), he went "Oh shit nigga, lemme find someone else" and got Gilles.

Even if lantz tries to handwave that "Satoshi predates the now-translated material", it still puts him in 100% defiance of the things established in the Nasuverse (MA, an organization that's been around since the Age of Gods, being a world-spanning group of Seiba fanboys that will WILLINGLY hand over control to a Magus from a backwater country because Seiba-sama said so? What the hell were you smoking, and where can I buy it?).

TL:DR: I refuse to believe that lantz actually has interest in writing a Nasu fic, and am hoping from the bottom of my heart that he is trying to get legs on a original fictional universe instead of ass-raping a canon that I love dearly.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
Guys, you heard what KAIZA and Kuro said, so cut it out or leave.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:50:13 PM by Cherry Lover »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
Guys, you heard what KAIZA and Kuro said, so cut it out or leave.

Would you rather I create a thread for criticising Lantz's answers?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
Not really, but this thread is specifically not for doing so. Kuro made the rules as he did for a reason, and if people don't follow them and they are not enforced Lantz will eventually just stop answering the questions. KAIZA said to stop, that means you should stop, not ignore him and keep going regardless.

And, further, you're not actually even criticising Lantz's answers here. All you're doing is saying "Lantz's fanfic is crap". That is entirely non-constructive, and all you are doing is ruining the thread for everyone else, so just stop doing it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:09:01 PM by Cherry Lover »