Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 60060 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 02:32:00 AM »
Q: How come Acht die? He has sustained himself for centuries but has not show any symptoms of soul rot.

(PS. I doubt Acht would pass his legacy to an outsider even in death. Eizberns are that prideful that merely hiring someone to do job for them is done reluctantly. Kiritsugu was not taught by Einzberns anything.)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
Q. How does the psychic manifestation of the hatred of a single person even get close to infinity damage?

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 02:38:07 AM »
@Kat

A: Murder

@Umbra

A: not literally infinity, simply an immeasurable amount of damage.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 02:39:57 AM »
Q: By whom?

(PS. Heh, even if murdered and with no heir appointed other Einzberns would not allow leaking thousand years old legacy to strangers)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 02:41:51 AM »
If all answers are final can we ask for futher clarification?

Huh, 16 million (plus whatever time dislpacement shennanigans are added) year old virgin. Interesting.

Q: Why do you use Satoshi in your more experimental works regardless of whether it would work for his character or the other characters involved? (the lemons come to mind)

Q: How does a phycic manifestation of Hatred bypass Gil's defenses? He could survive Grail mud that contained all the evil in the world (I believe hatred was counted in those evils) so what's so special about the phsychic hate sword?

Q: How do the powers that Satoshi gain make relevance to the story?

Q: How do you build up dramatic tension if Satoshi is immune to everything except High level fairies and omnipotent levels of retconning via Avalon?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:32 AM »
Q. He wants a fair fight, but he has avalon on, meaning that if his opponents aren't Oberon, Vivian, etc., then they can't hurt him. How does he ensure a fair fight if Satoshi himself is too strong for his opponent?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 02:56:43 AM »
@Kat

A: implied to be Saber although I never do confirm that in the story.

@Gray

A: work specific but the general answer is either cast restriction or characterization fails for the other guys.

A: hatred in the general sense is seen as different from singular focused pure hatred.

A: Too general

A: situationally, as with all heroes.

@qwerty

A: depends on the opponent.

Brahmastra

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 03:04:07 AM »
Q:Why is his RM about "fair fights"when all it should be used for is to prevent people from using X attack, Y defense, Z technique and so on, none of which Satoshi himself has?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 03:10:51 AM »
Q. So one guy's hatred is equal to "The Star That Split Heaven And Earth" and an NP from a Bodhisattava who rules over a solar system?

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
@Kat

A: implied to be Saber although I never do confirm that in the story.
Okay then. Most honourable knight who was a total chivalry freak in Zero (to the point of retardation) decided to go ahead and assassinate someone. Yeah I can't see that happening and this makes the death and thus the passing on of the legacy rather contrived at best.
@Gray

A: work specific but the general answer is either cast restriction or characterization fails for the other guys.

A: hatred in the general sense is seen as different from singular focused pure hatred.

A: Too general

A: situationally, as with all heroes.
The first:
So you willingly destroy the characterization of canon characters for the sake of having your OC participate in some fun things good to know.
If the cast is restricted that still doesn't answer why it couldn't have been anyone else in that role.
The second:
Hatred in the general sense encompasses every hate ever. Including that singular vendetta. I could get it maybe if you had it take up the RM slot and had it run like La Pucelle (still not reaching infinite damage) but just a byproduct of hatred of one man against one other man when all of humanities evil pales in comparison.

Q: What about the sword makes it unblockable? It's just a high level hate stick.

The third:
Okay then let's get a little more specific why don't we.

Q: Why Does Satoshi need immunity to all elements if he already has Avalon doing immunity to everything for him?

The fourth:
So he's like Superman except the Nasuverse version and instead of kryptonite and magic it's Fairies and retconning that he's weak to.
Q: What made you decide to transfer such a character archetype to the Nasuverse where it has been demonstrably proven to be damn near impossible throughout at least three characters?

@qwerty

Q: He is immortal and immune to everything because Avalon (if he has enough power for dragon fire he has enough power for it's super hax defense mode). So how is it fair fight against anyone other than to aformentioned people?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
@brah

A: The sacred court is based on his status as a knight, a knight's honour demands a fair fight.

@Umbra

A: I wouldn't exactly put it like that. It's simply that there's a distinction between general and focused effort.

Brahmastra

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 03:19:23 AM »
Oh yeah, knight's honor. Which includes blowing up an entire garage filled with vintage cars to hit a slime. Also if it was that simple (not even mentioning the fact that Satoshi feels less like a knight than Karna, to whom chivalry is completely unknown) to get an RM, you'd see everyone and their mom having one.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 03:20:29 AM »
Q. What does that mean? I asked how it could achieve an immeasurable level of damage which is basically EX. It's why I mentioned Ea and Transmigration Unto One.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:21:38 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
Guys, Kuro said "no complaining", that means not tearing apart the answers Lantz gives. If you need clarification then sure, but the idea of this thread isn't to start arguing over what he's said.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:32 AM »
@Gray

the word retard is offensive, take note and do not use it again.

A: only to known defense, in other words, nothing Gilgamesh has

A: they are proofs of certain skill masteries

A: That is a loaded question, rephrase it